• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The all things positive thread

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The only positive you can think of for the club is that today is one day closer for getting rid of Emery :confused:

Reactions: Jae

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This turned negative really quick. Some of you need to look inside your souls.

Balboa

Arsenal could be truly **** this season and still have a chance of celebrating St Totteringham's Day...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal could be truly **** this season and still have a chance of celebrating St Totteringham's Day...

This is all that matters to me this year!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The type of ambissions that explain how Arsenal ended up a mediocre, just above mid-table, football club....

:D

Still above Sp**s though ;)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Main thing I'm happy about is that we have still managed to retain most of our good young players at the club and are giving them more chances to play.

Additionally we have strengthened the academy further (coaching, philosophy, recruitment), and while the board have been hit and miss, they've done a good job of trying to ensure a pathway into the first team.

I think that while Emery may be the wrong guy to be our head coach, I like the way the set-up of the club has changed - more of a hybrid approach with a Technical Director, head of recruitment, Academy director and head coach - as well as the various roles being filled lately, such as Ben Knapper (loans manager) and Marcel Lucassen (in charge of coaching philosophy from u9 to u23). Would be even better if they were all on the same page as it relates to on-pitch footballing philosophy at present - right now, Emery seems to be the odd one out in this regard sadly. I feel a degree of sympathy for him but he's not the guy. However, this is a positive thread so no more said.

Steps

Fan base is rallied around a common goal.

Wenger's done it again. Knew we needed a talisman, gave himself up to get it.

chessygoal

We have a bunch of exciting young players : Tierney, Saliba, Holding, Guendouzi, Toreirra, Willock, AMN, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah. And the positive news is that they are all going to get some serious minutes this season.
I'd love to watch that group of players grow in the next 3 years with some proper coaching. Even if it means failing to reach top 4, I could get behind that team.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Can you explain to the ignorant American what this term means?

I'll take a shot at this and before I do I apologise to every race or religion who I offend when I butcher this..

At some point in time Tottenham community was heavily populated with Jews who I believe speak 'Yiddish'?

Anyway, Yido or Yid came from that and was used by hate groups, also there was a stage where opposition fans would taunt the Tottenham fans with gas chamber sounds and songs about Hitler whilst also calling them Yids, Yiddo's etc..

Tottenham fans, rightly or wrongly then adopted the term 'Yid' and used it for themselves to take the sting out of the whole thing and now refer to themselves as the 'Yid Army' etc etc, from my personal experience its not so much the Jewish Tottenham fans doing this, however I have also known Jewish Tottenham fans who do it and don't see it as a problem or take offence.

It has also been claimed that the number of Jewish fans in the stadium at any one time is minimal (-5%) so the majority of people chanting 'yids, yids, yids' and 'yid army' etc have no Jewish connection and its like a bunch of white fans referring to themselves as the N**** army, again rightly or wrongly I don't know so I won't comment.

However x2, a few years ago the subject did come up where there was members of the Jewish community and a few celebs (David Baddiel if I recell correctly) who didnt like the term and wanted it banned, this caused a 2 week uproar on the subject and then it kind of disappeared..

Tottenham fans still continue to use it now and opposition fans also use it BUT the Holocaust, Hitler chants and gas chamber s**t has pretty much stopped and anyone who does that will be singled out and prosecuted.

That's my understanding and may be completely wrong but I'm sure someone with better knowledge will correct me!

Last edited:

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
reply above will probs explain, dont go round saying it tho ;)
Yes I suspected this was the story, and thank you to @Flying Okapis for the explanation.

I’d never think of using such terminology in my life since one of the classes I teach (with high schoolers) is Human Diversity - whose purpose is, in part, to educate students on the history of prejudice, discrimination, and hate. I feel strongly about this kind of thing.

I won’t try to assume what your objective was in using the term toward the other poster here, but I want to publicly state that I think this forum would be a better place if all of us agreed not to use such terminology, regardless of situation or motive.

Top Bottom