• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The all things positive thread

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The team isn't *that* far from being at least a top 4 contender. If you assume that Leno, Cedric/Bellerin, Saliba, Tierney, Xhaka, Saka, Pepe and Auba if he re-signs will be the core for the next couple of years then 3 good signings can make this team viable. As you say a lot of players come off the books in 2021 so get rid of them, keep the academy lads as back-up and suddenly the squad looks a lot better.

It's never as bad as people think, Klopp took over a bigger mess at Liverpool and just three major signings (Mane, Wijnaldum and Matip) was what he needed to get into the top 4 in his first full season.

Yeah as bad as we have been I think we're about 2/3 signings off really challenging for top 4. But with missing out on Europe etc, I'm not sure how viable it is to bring in 2/3 quality players.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

On a positive note... I think we have the right manager in Arteta. You can see that the team is actually being coached now. I can't remember the last time we went away to a top 6 team and played like that.

All of this Mourinho masterclass stuff is BS. Make no mistake, we dominated the match, and had clear chances to win the match. They scored from 2 defensive **** ups, it wasn't anything that Mourinho did tactically.

I can see parallels between us at the minute and when Pochettino first went to Sp**s. I think with the correct signings, we will have a similar trajectory in terms of league position.

Yeah I agree, even in Peps first season he had some bizarre results and the circumstances in which Arteta took over is different.

I kept saying I think Arteta has built a good foundation, the wins at Sheffield + Wolves and even Southampton were't flukes, look at the results those teams have picked up, we just need to bring in some reliable players.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The team isn't *that* far from being at least a top 4 contender. If you assume that Leno, Cedric/Bellerin, Saliba, Tierney, Xhaka, Saka, Pepe and Auba if he re-signs will be the core for the next couple of years then 3 good signings can make this team viable. As you say a lot of players come off the books in 2021 so get rid of them, keep the academy lads as back-up and suddenly the squad looks a lot better.

It's never as bad as people think, Klopp took over a bigger mess at Liverpool and just three major signings (Mane, Wijnaldum and Matip) was what he needed to get into the top 4 in his first full season.

Spot on. Bare in mind as well no Europe next season is a massive advantage for us. Look at Leicester/Chelsea's recent success.

Other than Bellerin, I agree with the core you mentioned. If all of those players can play 30 plus games next season, we won't be far off.

If we can bring in a CB/CM and then an attacking player, I think we are serious contenders. I mean if we had brought Arteta in earlier this season we would have been close.

Reactions: A_G

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If we can keep even Ceballos we can have a pretty good starting 11 next year when fit.

----------------Laca/Martinelli/Nketiah
Saka/Matrinelli-----------------------???
------------Saka/Esr---------Tierney
------------------Xhaka-----------
Tierney--Saliba---Chambers---Bellerin

We should be strong at home and be able to become flat track bullies

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we can keep even Ceballos we can have a pretty good starting 11 next year when fit.

Are you being serious?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tierney at RCM :lol: I hope that's a typo..

That team struggles to come top 10 in my opinion.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Tierney at RCM :lol: I hope that's a typo..

That team struggles to come top 10 in my opinion.

Ah yeah a typo unfortunately, just stick Ceballos in there, I dont think tinery should be put in midfield, as for the rest I'm just going for multiple options. I genuinely think that would win most games at home and away against the lesser teams, and win and draw a few at home against the top teams. I think we should be more than capable of beating everyone in the bottom half of the table with that at least home and away. Add another player like Partey and we start really competing. Add Aubeemyang staying and again we're more competitive.

Top Bottom