• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The all things positive topic 2017/18

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We can still win the Europa League, which means we can qualify for the CL automatically next year which means it'd be a good season all things considered. Of course we actually have to go on and win it.

Crocrodile

I think positive might be that we finally give decent PT to Chambers and Holding, at least in the Europa League. Both IMO have more to offer than what they have shown, especially Chambers, who I felt in his short cameo in preseason was more vocal and decisive in his passing after a loan to Middlesbrough.

Bobby the no1 gooner

Ya'll need Jesus
No matter how bad the season is Jesus Christ still died for your transgressions. He died to absorb your sin past, present and future so that you may have eternal life through true faith in him. Peace be with you all.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
I think positive might be that we finally give decent PT to Chambers and Holding, at least in the Europa League. Both IMO have more to offer than what they have shown, especially Chambers, who I felt in his short cameo in preseason was more vocal and decisive in his passing after a loan to Middlesbrough.
Chambers didn't play for us in preseason at all.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We have a promising set of attackers and midfielders in our academy that deserve an opportunity. They are a positive IMO and have been something I've been looking forward to for some time.

Reiss Nelson and Eddie Nketiah are the two most noticeable at this point, with both players in incredible scoring form so far this season.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
First training at Colney after the international break
zWqKNyR.jpg

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Old enough to see pre-Wenger Arsenal, and hope to see post-Wenger Arsenal.

I'm old enough that I saw Bertie Mee Arsenal and I hope to see post-Wenger Arsenal too. Not because I want Wenger out, but because the alternative is dying in the next couple of years or so. And while I have no fear of dying, it's not my first choice. Now to positives:

Arsenal finally signed the clinical striker they've been needing ever since Van Persie skipped town.

Arsenal signed the guy who was voted best left back in the Bundesliga last season (and on a free transfer to boot). Strong, physical, charges upfield like a bull. Looking forward to seeing him on the left flank.

Arsenal added those two signings to a squad that ended last season in great form and outmatched Manchester City in the FA Cup semifinal and Chelsea in the final. No reason to believe they can't regain that form, especially if they can remain reasonably healthy.

Arsenal kept Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil, who should combine with Lacazette to be as formidable a front line as any in the league.

Liverpool paid Arsenal £40 million for Alex Oxlade-Frickin'-Chamberlain. £40 million. What were they thinking? Now I no longer have to be frustrated by his inconsistent play and failure to live up to his potential, and Wenger no longer has to try to shoehorn him into the lineup to keep him happy.

It's been difficult and has taken too long, but Arsenal made progress in finally moving on a number of overpaid players who were no longer useful. Job still not quite finished, but a lot closer. Based on my own rough figuring, Arsenal could free up as much as £780,000 a week toward player salaries next summer if both Alexis and Özil walk. Their hands will no longer be tied by wage increase regulations, so they should have the flexibility to do some damage in the market next year.

But, I think Özil wants to be here and will likely sign a new deal.

Jack Wilshere is back to health and hopefully can work his way back to the sort of form he had a few years ago. If so. that could be huge for Arsenal's drive to get back into a Champions League spot.

Fox Sports still has the U.S.A. rights to the Europa League this year, which means I'll get to watch Arsenal's games. Next year both the Champions League and Europa League are moving to Turner Broadcasting and they're only planning on showing the Europa League final on TV. Everything from the group stages through the semifinals will only be available through paying for a subscription online. So I guess if there was a year Arsenal had to be in the EL, this is the last decent one for awhile.

Reiss Nelson.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm old enough that I saw Bertie Mee Arsenal and I hope to see post-Wenger Arsenal too. Not because I want Wenger out, but because the alternative is dying in the next couple of years or so. And while I have no fear of dying, it's not my first choice. Now to positives:

Arsenal finally signed the clinical striker they've been needing ever since Van Persie skipped town.

Arsenal signed the guy who was voted best left back in the Bundesliga last season (and on a free transfer to boot). Strong, physical, charges upfield like a bull. Looking forward to seeing him on the left flank.

Arsenal added those two signings to a squad that ended last season in great form and outmatched Manchester City in the FA Cup semifinal and Chelsea in the final. No reason to believe they can't regain that form, especially if they can remain reasonably healthy.

Arsenal kept Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil, who should combine with Lacazette to be as formidable a front line as any in the league.

Liverpool paid Arsenal £40 million for Alex Oxlade-Frickin'-Chamberlain. £40 million. What were they thinking? Now I no longer have to be frustrated by his inconsistent play and failure to live up to his potential, and Wenger no longer has to try to shoehorn him into the lineup to keep him happy.

It's been difficult and has taken too long, but Arsenal made progress in finally moving on a number of overpaid players who were no longer useful. Job still not quite finished, but a lot closer. Based on my own rough figuring, Arsenal could free up as much as £780,000 a week toward player salaries next summer if both Alexis and Özil walk. Their hands will no longer be tied by wage increase regulations, so they should have the flexibility to do some damage in the market next year.

But, I think Özil wants to be here and will likely sign a new deal.

Jack Wilshere is back to health and hopefully can work his way back to the sort of form he had a few years ago. If so. that could be huge for Arsenal's drive to get back into a Champions League spot.

Fox Sports still has the U.S.A. rights to the Europa League this year, which means I'll get to watch Arsenal's games. Next year both the Champions League and Europa League are moving to Turner Broadcasting and they're only planning on showing the Europa League final on TV. Everything from the group stages through the semifinals will only be available through paying for a subscription online. So I guess if there was a year Arsenal had to be in the EL, this is the last decent one for awhile.

Reiss Nelson.
Hope you see many more, then. Lots of positivity in your post

One Love

Ox leaving is the best thing that happened in an otherwise terrible window, aside from the two good signings we made.

An inconsistent cocky bastard that is in for a huge wakeup call at an actual competent club with an actual competent manager. He will never be first choice at Pool. His huge ego will have him sold in a year or two. I see his future at Southampton.

DasBootist

Bump!

Post Chelsea game, which I hope was an eye-opener for the manager, I finally see a few reasons to be optimistic. The league's a write-off, and that's a shame, but the squad is very good, good enough not to be dependant on Sanchez and/or Özil and I hope Wenger sees this.

Kolasinac is a TANK!, Lacazette looks like he knows where the goal is, and we have Reiss Nelson itching to play in the first-team.

Good day @Everyone.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Ox leaving is the best thing that happened in an otherwise terrible window, aside from the two good signings we made.

An inconsistent cocky bastard that is in for a huge wakeup call at an actual competent club with an actual competent manager. He will never be first choice at Pool. His huge ego will have him sold in a year or two. I see his future at Southampton.
Some pundit was on the radio this morning bemoaning his performance and saying that he has to improve to get in the first team. He also played the position last night that he left Arsenal to get away from. Good money for him all in all.

Top Bottom