The all things positive topic 2017/18

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by truth_hurts, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Most expensive ST but only the 6th most expensive pies.

2. Emmanueleboue2

Emmanueleboue2 Well-Known Member

We will get a midfielder and a defender in the summer.

3. Trilly

Trilly ^ If Michael Owen posted on AM

Legitly have one of the best goalscorers in Europe as well as one of the best playmakers.

4. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Hates Reed

Trax..never change dude. ;)

El Granit-Coq and Makingtrax like this.
  5. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

AFC losses no longer wound my soul.

6. zhaggy

zhaggy Active Member

My HIV test... j/k

Transfer policy seems to have changed for the better, thats good.

7. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

HIV is not something to 'just kid' about. Anyway.

8. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

Same here. After many years, I'm finally suffering less. At one time the defeat to Spurs would have left me unable to even think about football for a long time. This time, I was able to enjoy seeing Man United beaten by Newcastle the next day. Yes, I'm definitely getting used to Arsenal being bad.

SuperGoon and krackpot like this.
  9. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Its my birthday today and we're not playing a game so no risk to ruin it. Cant get much more positive than that!

10. marting

marting Well-Known Member

We have 10 months to enjoy before Wengers contract situation distablizes the team again.....

SuperGoon and dashsnow17 like this.
  11. FreakySami

FreakySami Well-Known Member

I finally watched the North London Derby two days ago. I know people said we played bad and so on but I think I saw a few positive signs.

First of all, our counter attacking game is back. We will be devastating on corners against us. If it wasn't for mikhi not giving proper passes in the final third we should have easily scored 2-3 goals.

Second of all, unlike what most people are saying, we can defend as a group and will for example el neny is better than I thought. I think he's great at closing down passing Lane options and interceptions. Not only that but he is very calm when getting the ball back.
    I think what we are missing is amn. His speed gives him an advantage that neny doesn't have.

Thirdly, I think we put too much importance on having a DM. We need players that can make a tackle and that doesn't mean a crunching tackle. It can be a standing tackle. Now, we have to find a way to react when our CMs get by passed ( left/right backs come and take care of it or the CBS step up) I don't think it's too bad but we need more athlétisme and amn has that.

I'll continue my post later

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  12. Divided_Pie

Divided_Pie Active Member

Arsenal are 8 points clear of the 7th place team with a game in hand and a +18 relative goal differential. Arsenal should be clear favorites in 8 of the remaining 11 games, with MC, MU away, and LC away being the only exceptions. A UEFA cup spot is all but locked up for next season.

No remaining FA Cup or League Cup games to worry about will help with fitness.

Wenger should feel free to focus entirely on the UEFA Cup with regard to team selection - sitting any players suffering from fatigue or minor injuries in the remaining EPL games so that they will be as fit as possible for the UEFA matches. This will also allow a more extended audition in in the league for players like AMN, Nelson, Nketiah, and Willock.

Arsenal will likely have to face AC Milan without their top two strikers for at least one match, making things difficult, but hopefully they can keep the score close in the away leg and get Lacazette back for the return. Past that, Atletico Madrid will be difficult to beat even with everyone healthy, but a UEFA Cup and a Champions League birth are still within reach.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Nothing to be positive about a season to forget. At least last season we won something and we were so good in first half of the season this season been total mess from the start

14. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Well-Known Member

We beat Spurs 5-2 in 2012 on this day.

And i got out of friend zone.

Mark Tobias, krackpot and dashsnow17 like this.
  15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

And our squad that day was poverty and spurs had top players like Bale Modric.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  16. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Well-Known Member

Yeah,RVP held us that season.

17. Crocrodile

Crocrodile Well-Known Member

Man showed more intent and character than Arséne Wenger and Arsenal board the last 10 years.

Congrats.

Notorious Big and Mark Tobias like this.
  18. field442

field442 Abandoned Arteta for Emery

Yesterday we secured Europa league football for next season.

say yes likes this.
  19. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

• Nelson, Nketiah and Willock might not need to go out on loan next season with EL football.
    • Smith-Rowe looks like a star coming through the ranks.
    • We’ve had a terrible season but have a fresh start in a weeks time.
    • Mavropanos and Chambers look like great finds at CB, they should be even better next season.

20. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Mate. :lol:

Gooner Zig and say yes like this.