• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Arsenal Off the Pitch and Bantz Thread

jai®o

Most Clueless Muppet
Keown pisses all over every CB we've had since the invincibles. At his peak he'd be worth £80m in today's market imo . He was a great defender.,

And imagine first, if Xhaka was half the player Vieira was... maybe, just maybe he'd get away with more. People need to stop referencing Vieira when they talking about Xhaka. I don't see the comparison in any way. It's embarrassing.
Keown was a beast in his day, not much of a footballer, but a defensive beast. But 80M? Come on now...

Agree with you about the absurdity that is the Vieira/Xhaka comparisons though. Don't think you could find two more different midfielders. They're like complete opposites. Xhaka isn't worthy of lacing Vieira's boots.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Keown was a beast in his day, not much of a footballer, but a defensive beast. But 80M? Come on now...
Defenders with his qualities are very thin on the ground these days. He'd be worth silly money. If he was around now at his peak, I wouldn't have any CB above him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Keown was unique. Like that 1/10000 amazing girl who will lick your ass.

XHBa71T.jpg

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Agree with you about the absurdity that is the Vieira/Xhaka comparisons though. Don't think you could find two more different midfielders. They're like complete opposites. Xhaka isn't worthy of lacing Vieira's boots.

You really think Patrick was that much better at Xhaka's age?
Man did Patrick miss games cause of his suspensions at that time. Season 99/00 and the next one.
I wouldnt go close to saying Xhaka wasnt worth lacing Vieira's boots at he same age. Still, both already proved by then how talented they are and how Great they could become

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You really think Patrick was that much better at Xhaka's age?

Still, both already proved by then how talented they are and how Great they could become

Oh lord.... Please tell me you were just too young to have followed Vieiras career. There were levels, many levels, between the two at the age of 21-- the age Vieira was when he joined Arsenal. The team improved by 50% the moment he stepped on the pitch. From day one! At 21. No grace period of 100 games needed.

Xhaka, now 25, isn't even able to establish himself in THIS midfield after nearly a whole season.

This has to stop.

Edit: I forgot this was the banter thread! ;)

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Oh lord.... Please tell me you were just too young to have followed Vieiras career. There were levels, many levels, between the two at the age of 21-- the age Vieira was when he joined Arsenal. The team improved by 50% the moment he stepped on the pitch. From day one! At 21. No grace period of 100 games needed.

Xhaka, now 25, isn't even able to establish himself in THIS midfield after nearly a whole season.

This has to stop.

Edit: I forgot this was the banter thread! ;)

Özil > Bergkamp
Pogba > Vieira
Valencia > Lauren
Messi > Joel

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Vieira at 21 was better than Xhaka will ever be. But that's no shame. Vieira at 21 was better than most MFers at top clubs around the world, will ever be.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom