• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Beast and the Deer

ali adili

At the start of the last season, Wenger was deadly keen to sign Baptista after a failed shot on Robinho, and in that course he overlooked Owen alleging that Arsenal do not need a striker although he later signed Adebayor and gave him all the backing in the world and it is yet to bare fruit , yet when the beast , finally , came to Arsenal this season, he is so far to play regularly for the team , as if , ironically , he will follow the footsteps of Reyes to be forced on the bench after so keenly being signed , while in the few times he played, he couldn’t live up to expectations ; as a matter of fact Arsenal do not need him as they have too many midfielders , the virtue that Wenger is trying to neglect, is that the Gunners are very vulnerable at the defence and goalkeeping , in tactics and individuals, although the arrival of Gallas improved things but not to the ambitions, they still need Curtis Davis or another defender of the same capabilities, as well as a better goalkeeper, every good successful team have an extraordinary goalkeeper, yet Arsenal can overcome all that weakness , with a single move , which is to bring in Robinho in place of Baptista , even if it means to pay some cash more or give away another player like Gilberto; certainly a lot of people would think it is irrelevant or even ridiculous , yet calmly think of it , Robinho is quite skilful and fast, as well as instinctive goal scorer and play maker which would put enormous pressure on the opponent to attack easily , which can contribute in making up for the misses of the defence or goalkeeper, in addition to being a prospective replacement for Henry as he is very much of his category and calibre , besides that recent Arsenal inability to transform their supremacy and control of any game into goals which is what every team play for , means Arsenal need another prolific striker , while for Gilberto he is about twenty nine , neither a holding midfielder nor an attacking one , and Diaby or Flamini can efficiently fill in, particularly that they are French which is much favoured by Wenger , with no offence, in any match, watch and count Gilberto’s passes and tackles and find out how many failed ones he makes , although he is a hardworking player; even if all that is not true , Robinho deserves the sacrifice , also it would mean that Adebayor and Aliadere , can be sold or sent on loan to secure some cash and a chance to sign another defender and goalkeeper, those two players among others would never have made to Arsenal without Wenger’s biasing toward French or French based players , certainly Bentley , Pennant , or Jeffers were not inferior to them be rejected at the first call , while after three unsuccessful years and loan spells for Aliadere , still he can find a place in the first team , or even Johnson could not be as convincing for Wenger to be signed as Adebayor was ; and this attitude of Wenger on insisting on incompetent players like for example Cygan , or Almunia , Song Bellong , .. etc. , just to prove himself has been causing Arsenal a lot , and the people who would mention Wallcot , it is almost certain that he will spend the next two seasons on the bench , then sent on loan as a prelude to getting rid of him , while few years a go , Anelka who was as promising or may be less , yet was treated as the untouchable spoiled kid of Wenger , certainly in the past ten years Arsenal were marvellous which should be credited to a collective work of Wenger and his colleagues , but when will they start nursing their own home grown talents rather than “Cultivating others land and breeding others herd “.

Ali Adili
Baghdad - Iraq
aliadili12@yahoo.com

madlondonmale1

did i just read that,you talk about our defence but would curtis davies even get in the team let alone on the bench? if you take a good look at the stats we have the 2nd best defence in the league just behind united in terms of goals conceded,so you cant make claims when you cant back them up.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
You say we are weak in defence and in goal, so to solve that problem we should sign Robinho in place of Baptista or Gilberto. :roll:

Asterix

Established Member
Ali,

Once again, this is not the place to post your rants about Arsenal and Arsène. It is for people to post articles about Arsenal that have a personal touch, or that are, indeed, "articles" - well-researched pieces that have an original bent to them.

Some of your points are just ludicrous in my opinion, but you are entitled to your opinion. However, your thread belongs in Topic Regulation firstly, and if it's worthy (which I don't believe it is) it will be moved to somewhere appropriate, like Arsenal Talk or The Dump.

Please stop posting your rants in here or you will be banned.

Alfonso

Established Member
This guy only talks when we loose. It is as if he wants us to loose or get in a bad patch so he can prove a point.

:lol:

I hope i dont read your "articles" again, because that means Arsenal are doing well :)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
You are right Timleaf it is indeed one sentence but bear with him he isn't a native speaker, heck he doesn't even normally write with our alphabet

Lukazan

Established Member
Get rid of Gilberto because Flamini and Diaby can fill in fine.. :lol:

Your assessment of Gilberto is just way way off.

SamDaGooner

Robinho would be a better swap for reyes than baptista though because he can fill on thw left wing like reyes as well as play up front alongside thierry which will be the best attack in the premiership

stuart

Established Member
sam i dont know what it is but i have taken a liking to you. i'll be honest, i couldn't be assed reading all that, but you made me laugh (mainly asterx's post had be laughing)

Top Bottom