• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Farzad musings on Arsenal, Arteta, Xhaka, Legends, Adidas stripes, London ....

Will Arteta win league with Arsenal

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Which end of the spectrum is he closer to?: worst player in the history of the club, or legend? I’d say the former @farzad4daarse
He is below average Xhaka. That isn’t his fault; look at the CM midfielders we had immediately before him. Silva, Petit, Fabregas, Viera, Cazorla, and Kleb in the 6 or 8 role. Arguably Central midfield is clubs deepest heritage especially since Wenger. Xhaka somehow got 300 caps under different managers due to bad decisions, ie favoring him over Willock by ***** Arteta, and also the Guendouzi incident; and because he is healthy and durable. Durability and bad Arteta choices explain why Xhaka played so many times; he was never even a fancied player on any of the teams he played which were among the worst in modern history of club. Still angry Willock was given to Newcastle for an extra year of the Xhaka experience

Farzad Stoned

Honestly, this thread knows no shame! :facepalm:
Why? The guy is delusional. You as a newly minted delusional Yank should know how dangerous delusional thinking is. First you let lad think Xhaka is an Arsenal legend then you start telling gross fat women that they are discriminated against and beautiful; what i am trying to say mate is that i stand for rationality and objectivity and i refuse to water down my standards so delusional people can w.nk each other silly. Number 1 thing i hate about America a bunch of irresponsible tossers looking to sue their boss or get some evil foreigner because they are cr.p employee who can’t keep their legs closed at work.

No Xhaka isn’t a club legend, fat people are gross, and just because a cr.p employee screwed someone she met at my place of employment i refuse to be responsible for that either regardless of what 12 American monkeys say. Standards and reality matter outside America at least

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Honestly, this thread knows no shame! :facepalm:

Probably the lowest point of the forum, which I guess nicely coincides with the worst PL season we just experienced, quality wise.

The league getting so bad a manager like Mikel Arteta can start Xhaka in most games and still end in 2nd place was not Xhaka's doing, but hopefully with his departure everything improves, from this forum to the league itself.

Farzad Stoned

Probably the lowest point of the forum, which I guess nicely coincides with the worst PL season we just experienced, quality wise.

The league getting so bad a manager like Mikel Arteta can start Xhaka in most games and still end in 2nd place was not Xhaka's doing, but hopefully with his departure everything improves, from this forum to the league itself.
Why is this thread a low point? I am calling drama queen bs please explain. I didn’t slag the man. Berg been going nuts trying to sell it on Arsenal legend thread choking off discussions of actual legends. I swear try to do people a public service.

Entropics

Established Member

Why is this thread a low point? I am calling drama queen bs please explain. I didn’t slag the man. Berg been going nuts trying to sell it on Arsenal legend thread choking off discussions of actual legends. I swear try to do people a public service.

The entire discussion is a low point. Just one guy's uninteresting delusions filling up undeserved space

Be careful with that public service or you might end up pretty much one thread per user with whatever is the silly belief they just won't let go.

Farzad Stoned

The entire discussion is a low point. Just one guy's uninteresting delusions filling up undeserved space

Be careful with that public service or you might end up pretty much one thread per user with whatever is the silly belief they just won't let go.
Ok i disagree. Look at how many people participated and the fact is Xhaka’s place after 7 years in Arsenal history is a valid discussion. I think you are being dramatic

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
No a win is a majority actually thinking Xhaka is a legend. Half of his votes are people we know don’t rate him who publicly said they made a mistake. Do you think Sanchez thinks Xhaka is a legend? Winning is actually winning; i am not an Artetasexual I don’t do moral victories. Half your votes are by people who publicly said they made a mistake. And not only that you still lost by a side margin. Losing 2 to 1 is not winning

I don't think he's a legend because that word is reserved for your Bergkamps etc. when he's obviously not at that level, but for sure he's a quality servant to the club and I won't be ****ting on him or his contributions when he goes.

Entropics

Established Member

Ok i disagree. Look at how many people participated and the fact is Xhaka’s place after 7 years in Arsenal history is a valid discussion. I think you are being dramatic

Most of the discussion has been on how to change your vote in the poll it seems.

The rest was already on the other Xhaka threads anyway.

Farzad Stoned

I don't think he's a legend because that word is reserved for your Bergkamps etc. when he's obviously not at that level, but for sure he's a quality servant to the club and I won't be ****ting on him or his contributions when he goes.
I didn’t cr.p on him by pointing out facts, but i think he was drop off from an admittedly golden period of Arsenal CMs. I never fancied the man mostly because of 2 factors. One he is slow as dirt, 2 he is not press resistant. But he is not an unskilled player he certainly has qualities, but he just isn’t and never has been Arsenal level as a midfielder. This year aside which in a different role to his credit he did better. But even then we sold out defensively and made a lot of tactical changes taking risks to free Xhaka up in final third

Farzad Stoned

Most of the discussion has been on how to change your vote in the poll it seems.

The rest was already on the other Xhaka threads anyway.
Were you on legend thread? @BergMan and @Erlis were spamming the great legend discussion @Vinci did pushing this relentless and almost comical delusion. I was even vaguely accused of anti-Albanian bias

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Not at all.

He probably should have moved to Serie A years ago, could see him being a very good CL level player for Inter/Juventus in the slower/more tactical games.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
1f6072b7144c0b1e5f4ad302115f4f96.jpg

f896740d7ee8ab3b489b2429527a66cf.gif

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This and fully unironically. Most Arsenal fans need slapping about let's be honest

My first instinct when it happened was to defend Xhaka, tho i was also confused as I was watching it on a poor stream. But I remember those days and how he was scapegoated for absolutely everything. People say he was booed for walking off slowly, but people forget when it was announced he was coming off there was loads of ironic cheers which I think triggered Xhaka coupled with the abuse he was receiving on social media and some of it was absolutely appalling he let his emotions get the better of him. Also the fact we let a 2-0 lead slip and for some reason he was getting the blame even tho he wasn't at fault for anything.

People can talk about he should have been stoic like a monk and an emotionless robot walking off but his emotional side also makes him what he is, people ask for players who actually care but then slag off someone like Xhaka for caring too much basically.

To sum it up, it was absolutely deserved. Xhaka was no worse than the rest of the team that day or around that time, in fact he was trying a lot harder than some of the players on the pitch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

For a club like Arsenal it's kinda difficult to have a minimum standard for legend status because throughout history Arsenal hasn't been consistent in terms of being the top dogs. There's been periods of success, periods of mediocrity with the odd cup thrown in too, periods of mid-table.

For example Liam Brady won 1 FA Cup here and is considered a legend I think by many. Yet the likes of Alexis, Özil, Ramsey, Walcott, etc who've won two or three some playing massive roles cannot be considered legends because every team since the invincibles have fallen massively short of their standards. Decades ago someone like Auba would've been immediately granted legend status for what he did in 2020 alone.

You're met with the task of either having a broad definition for the term legend or simply reserving it for the absolute elite Henry, Adams, Vieira, Bergkamp. Someone like Brady although I believe a special player (who played well ahead of his time btw) falls short of that standard and if someone like Brady is considered a legend you could argue the entirety of the invincibles side are legends.

A lot of our players in the Emirates era would've been considered legends in the 70's or 80's. With United and Liverpool it's different. Apart from Gerrard, the minimum requirement is winning the league. It's not that clear cut with Arsenal because we've never had such periods of dominance. Chelsea and Man City are two clubs who've also had to revise the definition of legend. City used to give legend status for players who helped them get promoted now not even winning the league guarantees that. At Chelsea Poyet, Di Matteo, Zola, Wise, etc all considered legends now all of a sudden they've got league and CL winners that don't reach the status.

I gotta be honest, although I written a lot it's not something I care too much about as ironic as it sounds.

Farzad Stoned

Pretty sure what happened was @albakos merely corrected your extremely American uneducated take that Xhaka was Slavic.
i was not talking about @albakos. In a moment of madness at 19 i took an oath to this evil empire and its even worse people. I regret said decision massively nearly 30 years later, to be able to turn back time. I have already told my family that I don’t even want a grave in this horrible country with horrible people. If i doe on American soil it is my desire to burned and buried at sea i don’t even want to share a grave with these human turds. If i die outside America i want to be buried with my a.ss pointing towards the USA. But hopefully like all the world’s brown people i get the pleasure of living long enough to dance on our oppressor’s grave

Farzad Stoned

My first instinct when it happened was to defend Xhaka, tho i was also confused as I was watching it on a poor stream. But I remember those days and how he was scapegoated for absolutely everything. People say he was booed for walking off slowly, but people forget when it was announced he was coming off there was loads of ironic cheers which I think triggered Xhaka coupled with the abuse he was receiving on social media and some of it was absolutely appalling he let his emotions get the better of him. Also the fact we let a 2-0 lead slip and for some reason he was getting the blame even tho he wasn't at fault for anything.

People can talk about he should have been stoic like a monk and an emotionless robot walking off but his emotional side also makes him what he is, people ask for players who actually care but then slag off someone like Xhaka for caring too much basically.

To sum it up, it was absolutely deserved. Xhaka was no worse than the rest of the team that day or around that time, in fact he was trying a lot harder than some of the players on the pitch.
If i tell you to F off that makes me a legend? Dumbest selling point i ever heard. I actually don’t approve of his being booed. He was scapegoated but because he was bad and everyone could see he was a square peg. I actually like it that he told people to F off. But it just isn’t a selling point as a player. It did nothing that help Arsenal actually win or be better. I actually back his conduct and sympathize, none of that incident though good or bad makes him a legendary club player

Latest posts+

Top Bottom