• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Farzad musings on Arsenal, Arteta, Xhaka, Legends, Adidas stripes, London ....

Will Arteta win league with Arsenal

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Kav

Established Member
Is he an Arsenal legend. Yes.

A legend amongst the worst players ever.

Granit is in a league of his own for costly mistakes and red cards. This man has outdone the great Mustafi!

Take that Xhaka haters!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
A legend? No way.
A cult hero? To some, yes, but to others definitely not.
I used to say was the worst transfer ever made because we picked him over Kante. Either through negligence or by dumb belief, we made Xhaka a single point of failure. Which meant he became the de facto face of the club, especially in our banter era. It's no hyperbole to say Arteta saved his Arsenal career, and by extension his legacy. And for that, Xhaka's legacy was altered. I think Xhaka will leave Arsenal favourably. But as a legend? No way.

Overall, I see Xhaka similarly to Walcott. Over-hated by some, underappreciated by many and definitely misunderstood by all. However, I think we can agree (except the Manburg Mandem) that we should have replaced him sooner. He is very fortunate to get 100+ apps for Arsenal.

We lost Walcott, and no one barely mentions his name. I didn't even know today was his last game for Southampton. Walcott has been with us for years, through the hardships and success, and not a single one of us posted about his Southampton departure. He has drifted into obscurity, and that's how I see Xhaka going.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
You can leave this Fred for your negativity (*ahem* agenda and lies) if you want but from here on in on the main Xhaka thread I want nothing but love for the man.
You guys got that?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I missed the 2nd half cause I thought having a BBQ outside is 10x this crap. Did I miss anything on Xhaka, like a speech or whatever?

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I missed the 2nd half cause I thought having a BBQ outside is 10x this crap. Did I miss anything on Xhaka, like a speech or whatever?

A lot of love from fans and a lot of waving from Granit. Fans were singing we want you to stay.

Arteta still refused to say it’s done in the post match interview, probably cause final details still not complete.
I was told there was a special video planned, I’m guessing that will be unveiled once it’s official.

• Pray
Reactions: Xln

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

i was not talking about @albakos. In a moment of madness at 19 i took an oath to this evil empire and its even worse people. I regret said decision massively nearly 30 years later, to be able to turn back time. I have already told my family that I don’t even want a grave in this horrible country with horrible people. If i doe on American soil it is my desire to burned and buried at sea i don’t even want to share a grave with these human turds. If i die outside America i want to be buried with my a.ss pointing towards the USA. But hopefully like all the world’s brown people i get the pleasure of living long enough to dance on our oppressor’s grave

O Mark Muharremi, kishen se deshte
xhamise sia dite renin, ku ne hamomin e pate venin.

Oh Mark Muharrem, you did not like the church
Nor you were able to apply the rules of the mosque
Where the heck is your place?

So let me explain what that means. Our society, including all the territories where Albanians live, is very diverse religiously, so for example you will have people who have Chatolic names and Muslim surnames and vice versa, that's why that Mark Muharrem. However, that saying is not religiously applied but for the people who are not able to adapt anywhere. So the problem probably lies with them.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
In a word, no.

He deserves a special mention tho for being a good servant (despite everything), & his redemption arc has been great to see.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
O Mark Muharremi, kishen se deshte
xhamise sia dite renin, ku ne hamomin e pate venin.

Oh Mark Muharrem, you did not like the church
Nor you were able to apply the rules of the mosque
Where the heck is your place?

So let me explain what that means. Our society, including all the territories where Albanians live, is very diverse religiously, so for example you will have people who have Chatolic names and Muslim surnames and vice versa, that's why that Mark Muharrem. However, that saying is not religiously applied but for the people who are not able to adapt anywhere. So the problem probably lies with them.
I have no idea bro what message you are conveying. I loathe all people bro. I am Persian don’t particularly like Persians. My passport says US of F ing A on it and I like Americans as much as a fat kid likes jogging and celery. I appreciate you informing me that Albanians are not Slavic; honestly did not even know and i like learning about new cultures as i despise the American one i am forced to live in for a few more years. So my point don’t take it personal, I don’t know any Albanians in real life and they have never done anything bad to me unlike fat, dishonest, thieving, immoral virtue signaling Yank hypocrites most of whom were raised like animals by their joke parents and joke education system and even worse media culture.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Do not worry, mate. People around the world do not know much about us, I am very well aware of it, so most of the time is not that I get offended. I was just reading your post and I do not know why that saying came to my mind, but do not take it personally.

Tom Mix

No. A very good player who I've always supported even when he was being insulted right, left and centre but not every very good player is a legend. It depends on how he has affected the team's performance and how the team has performed.

The status of legend does indeed depend on how well or not a team has done. I have sometimes wondered at Brady's status. Yes a fine player who came up through our youth system but we only won one trophy with him and he disappeared to further his own career when it suited him and left us facing a decade of mediocrity.

I am sorry to see Xhaka go and would have no problem with him staying another year or two but it probably makes financial sense for both parties if he leaves now. Wish him all the best and will always remember him fondly and welcome him back home.

Tnegs

How we gonna get 15m for Xhaka when he’s in his last year of contract and he’s only got 1 destination in mind? Edu doesn’t roll like that where is the 1 year loan with 5m fee at the end of it?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Reports on Twitter for what they are worth are that Xhaka maybe staying. It is such a tosser move that knowing Arteta it can’t help but be true. I swear that tosser reads my suggestions on here and does the exact opposite which tanks the season. I am calling it Xhaka is staying this is right up the mind game merchant Arteta

Legend14

Established Member
Good player who made the most of his capabilities. True leader. Not a legend, but probably in my top 5 Arsenal players who I enjoyed watching. Just a smart competitor.

Actually hope he stays since he is great for our depth and would have an important role to play if he accepted it.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
In what sense is Xhaka a leader?

I'm sorry but a leader doesn't melt down like he did against Crystal Palace(?). He was also quick to blame the rest of the team as well, when we were ****.

Xhaka is a "leader" in the sense that when everything is sunshine and roses he'll make a good show of doing all the right things.

But when the team is in the dirt (over a season or in a game), Xhaka melts. In games he loses his head when things go south and it costs the team, or at the very least it doesn't help us. He's not a calm "leader", he's not a roy of the rovers lead by example type either.

Good player on his day, who should have been a squad player at best, rather than an unquestioned starter for 38 PL games.

Legend? Nowhere near.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
In what sense is Xhaka a leader?

I'm sorry but a leader doesn't melt down like he did against Crystal Palace(?). He was also quick to blame the rest of the team as well, when we were ****.

Xhaka is a "leader" in the sense that when everything is sunshine and roses he'll make a good show of doing all the right things.

But when the team is in the dirt (over a season or in a game), Xhaka melts. In games he loses his head when things go south and it costs the team, or at the very least it doesn't help us. He's not a calm "leader", he's not a roy of the rovers lead by example type either.

Good player on his day, who should have been a squad player at best, rather than an unquestioned starter for 38 PL games.

Legend? Nowhere near.

Xhaka is a leader in every sense of the word. It comes from his strong personality and amazing characteristics as a person. That’s what it comes down to in the end. As Arteta and Guardiola have both previously said, everybody has talent, it’s how they are as people that makes them special. And judging by your post you clearly have no clue about him.

ptrcopp

Find this Legend talk very strange, seems to have happened on this forum recently. No one at the club is currently a legend. It may change in a few years but it’s only very rarely players leave the club as a legend.

Bit equally, the ****ting on a current player like some are is also very strange, especially one who has been brilliant this season and has always given his best for the club, even when that wasn’t enough.

ptrcopp

Xhaka is a leader in every sense of the word. It comes from his strong personality and amazing characteristics as a person. That’s what it comes down to in the end. As Arteta and Guardiola have both previously said, everybody has talent, it’s how they are as people that makes them special. And judging by your post you clearly have no clue about him.

He definitely is a leader. Look at the players reactions to his goals. He was also among the first to congratulate TP5 for the disallowed goal and Kiwi for his goal.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom