• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

say yes

forum master baiter
Going to update this as further transfers are made official. May as well have something to discuss in this forum while Vinai fiddles around with his outlook account.

Added a poll if people want that, but this thread more for discussion given how much time there is left in the window (you can change your vote as transfers occur). I've added a net spend tally so @Makingtrax can quickly work out who to vote for.

31.png

Liverpool:
Last season: 1st (99 points).
  • IN: Diego Jota, LW, £40.2m; Thiago, CM, £19.8m; Konsantinos Tsmikias, LB, £11.7m.
  • OUT: Rhian Brewster, CF, £23.4m; Dejan Lovren, CB, £10.8m; Ovie Ejaria, CM, £3.5m; Nathaniel Clyne, RB, free.
Net spend: £34m.

281.png

Manchester City:
Last season: 2nd (81 points); Carabao Cup Champions.
  • IN: Rúben Dias, CB, £61.2m; Nathan Ake, CB, £40.8m; Ferran Torres, RW, £20.7m; Pablo Moreno, CF, £9m; Yan Couto, RB, £5.4m; Issa Kabore, RB, £4.1m.
  • OUT: Leroy Sane, LW, £40.5m; Nicolas Otámendi, CB, £13.5m; Tosin Adarabioyo, CB, £1.5m; David Silva, AM, free; Claudio Bravo, GK, free.
Net spend: £85.7m.

985.png

Manchester United: Last season: 3rd (66 points).
  • IN: Donny van de Beek, CM, £35.1m; Amad Diallo, RW, £18.9m; Alex Telles, LB, £13.5m; Facundo Pellistri, RW, £7.7m; Edison Cavani, CF, free.
  • OUT: Chris Smalling, CB, £13.5m; Alexis Sanchez, LW, free.
Net spend: £61.7m.

631.png

Chelsea: Last season: 4th (66 points).

• IN: Kai Havertz, AM, £72m; Timo Wener, CF, £47.7m; Ben Chilwell, LB, £45.2m; Hakim Ziyech, LW, £36m; Edouard Mendy, GK, £21.6m; Thiago Silva, CB, free; Malang Sarr, CB, free.
  • OUT: Mario Pasalic, CM, £13.5m; Nathan, LW, £2.7m; Willian, RW, free; Pedro, RW, free; Ross Barkley, AM, loan; Michy Batshuayi, CF, loan; Tiemoué Bakoyoko, CM, loan; Davide Zappacosta, RB, loan; Ruben Loftus-Cheek, CM, loan.
Net spend: £206.3m.

148.png

Tottenham Hotspur: Last season: 6th (59 points).

• IN: Sergio Reguilón, LB, £27m; Matt Doherty, RB, £15.1m; Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg, CM, £14.9m; Gareth Bale, RW, loan; Carlos Vinicius, CF, loan; Joe Hart, GK, free
  • OUT: Kyle-Walker Peters, RB, £12m; Jan Vertoghen, CB, free; Michel Vorm, GK, free.
Net spend: £45m.

11.png

Arsenal: Last season: 8th (56 points); FA Cup Champions.

• IN: Thomas Partey, CM, £45m; Gabriel Magalhães, CB, £23.4m; Pablo Mari, CB, £7.2m; Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson, GK, £1.8m; Cedric Soares, RB, free; Willian, RW, free; Dani Ceballos, CM, loan.
  • OUT: Emiliano Martinez, GK, £15.7m; Henrikh Mkhitaryan, RW, free; Matteo Guendouzi, CM, loan; Lucas Torreira, CM, loan.
Net spend: £61.7m.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Nice thread,

Only one winner atm the window and it's Chelsea, then us, City, United, Sp**s, Liverpool.

say yes

forum master baiter
Nice thread,

Only one winner atm the window and it's Chelsea, then us, City, United, Sp**s, Liverpool.
Actually found it interesting when compiling how limited the spending has been.

We've the third biggest net spend, and that actually understates our financial commitment given we've signed three free agents (including Willian on a big contract) and made Auba our biggest earner.

Lack of sales has been shocking.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chelsea and City with the best window so far. City signing an established CB who definitely improves them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well so far it's chelsea of course the other big teams been quite and not doing major business i'm expecting things to pick in next few days we'll see alot of movements teams still lack quality in positions
Liverpool they don't have quality depth or creative midfielder
Manutd need LB and CB
Man City need another CB
Sp**s need CB and Midfielder
Arsenal they need 2 midfielders
Chelsea they need quality CB.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Actually found it interesting when compiling how limited the spending has been.

We've the third biggest net spend, and that actually understates our financial commitment given we've signed three free agents (including Willian on a big contract) and made Auba our biggest earner.

Lack of sales has been shocking.

Willian on the free looks so good right now. Won't mind the 3 year deal even if he gives us 2 fairly decent years.

say yes

forum master baiter
Chelsea and City with the best window so far. City signing an established CB who definitely improves them.
Ake is very good but I don't think he even starts for them if Laporte is fit?

Their squad looks more balanced than last season, but they've lost two stars in Sane and D.Silva.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How can you say Arsenal have had a better summer than City when none of us know anything about Gabriel? On paper, Ake is an established PL defender.

With Gabriel we’re learning about him by watching him now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ake is very good but I don't think he even starts for them if Laporte is fit?

Their squad looks more balanced than last season, but they've lost two stars in Sane and D.Silva.
That’s my point, last season they had injuries and looked poor at CB, atleast this season they’ve got Ake on the bench atleast.

They’ve never relied on Sane and Silva has been phased out, not big misses at all.

say yes

forum master baiter
How can you say Arsenal have had a better summer than City when none of us know anything about Gabriel? On paper, Ake is an established PL defender.

With Gabriel we’re learning about him by watching him now.
I give us the smallest of edges because I think Gabriel is a starter whereas Ake is a backup for them. And they've lost Silva / Sane who are both quality.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

City won't improve THAT much with their signings, hence why they still want another top CB.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I give us the smallest of edges because I think Gabriel is a starter whereas Ake is a backup for them. And they've lost Silva / Sane who are both quality.
I give them the edge because they’ve made an established PL signing, a Dutch international starter. While we’ve gone into the unknown, but also signed a guy who will need 12-18 months, or more, to adapt.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hard to say really at this point. Is it a good window when you spend £187m like Chelsea? If they dont finish top 2 it will be a failure because they were 4th last season anyway. If we buy one of Partey or Aouar I'll be happy with our window, if we get both I'll be ecstatic!

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

That squad depth that Ake gives you will most likely win them the league I think. Liverpool don’t have that depth.

Don't disagree, but take Ake out and I'm still thinking their favourites for the league, I doubt he starts if they get a big CB so he's not improving the team that much.

You take out Willian and Dani from this Arsenal team and we lose a ton.

Top Bottom