• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Getting top 4 this season won't come down to how many shiny new toys teams have. It will come down to consistency and which team has made the most astute signings.

Chelsea haven't made astute signings.
Liverpool have.
United haven't yet.

If Arsenal get the two deals done they want to get done in my opinion aside from Liverpool we have had the best window in the league.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Getting top 4 this season won't come down to how many shiny new toys teams have. It will come down to consistency and which team has made the most astute signings.

Chelsea haven't made astute signings.
Liverpool have.
United haven't yet.

If Arsenal get the two deals done they want to get done in my opinion aside from Liverpool we have had the best window in the league.

Can't really say Chelsea haven't made astute signings, Havertz and Ziyech could easily out shine Partey and Aouar if we were to actually get them.

Tomb Bombadil

We are not gonna make Top4 transferwise. Hopefully we can do it on the pitch.

We couldn't sell that's our problem. Only Martinez for a decent fee and Mkhi for free. Even if we still can move some players out it's too late for this window. I mean I think we would have listened to Chambers, Holding, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Torreira, Elneny, Guendouzi, Özil, Lacazette or Nketiah offers.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We are not gonna make Top4 transferwise. Hopefully we can do it on the pitch.

We couldn't sell that's our problem. Only Martinez for a decent fee and Mkhi for free. Even if we still can move some players out it's too late for this window. I mean I think we would have listened to Chambers, Holding, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Torreira, Elneny, Guendouzi, Özil, Lacazette or Nketiah offers.

Said this before the season started, we had enough to get 9 points from the opening 4 games before the window closes/international break comes in. CB was a necessity to get in straight away but the rest we could just wait until this final week to really kick on with. Isn't too late, still a week left where the movement will be at its highest.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People only started using Big 6 as a term once Arsenal and Man United dropped out the Top 4, it was always just the 'Top 4' before that.

Wasn’t it called the big 4 before City got rich though?

That would always change things.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This has the feeling of summer of past under Wenger. Fans and pundits all saying we are close to something (this year top 4, in the past mounting a half decent league challenge) but needed a couple of decent signings.

Partey and Aouar together would be a huge boost. It would lift the midfield level up a few notches and ultimately put us right in the conditions to expect top 4.

If we get 1 of them or worse 0 of them I think we will miss out again. Xhaka and Elneny are not gonna be strong enough for top 4. Missed a trick with Doucoure if funds were so limited.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This has the feeling of summer of past under Wenger. Fans and pundits all saying we are close to something (this year top 4, in the past mounting a half decent league challenge) but needed a couple of decent signings.

Partey and Aouar together would be a huge boost. It would lift the midfield level up a few notches and ultimately put us right in the conditions to expect top 4.

If we get 1 of them or worse 0 of them I think we will miss out again. Xhaka and Elneny are not gonna be strong enough for top 4. Missed a trick with Doucoure if funds were so limited.

Doucoure is so so poor technically, he fits a certain system but would be woeful here.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Doucoure is so so poor technically, he fits a certain system but would be woeful here.

He can run with and without the ball, is mobile, PL proven and 27. He cost 20m. Hes never going to be a world beater but he offers what we need in midfield. No point having technical players if the cant run with the ball and cover ground quickly.

The board know/knew how much £ we had. If we only had 20m to spend then that would have been a decent signing to make.

No point shooting for 50-60m signings when it's obvious we cant afford them and trying to come to complicated agreements. If we ended up with neither Partey nor Aoaur it's been a terrible window and as a starting 11 we havent improved much. Gabriel improving the defence and nothing more. Not enough.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He can run with and without the ball, is mobile, PL proven and 27. He cost 20m. Hes never going to be a world beater but he offers what we need in midfield. No point having technical players if the cant run with the ball and cover ground quickly.

The board know/knew how much £ we had. If we only had 20m to spend then that would have been a decent signing to make.

No point shooting for 50-60m signings when it's obvious we cant afford them and trying to come to complicated agreements. If we ended up with neither Partey nor Aoaur it's been a terrible window and as a starting 11 we havent improved much. Gabriel improving the defence and nothing more. Not enough.

I'd honestly rather Elneny than Doucoure. Looks like the midfield version of Sakho.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Doucoure is bang average.

Hes average if your comparing him to Thomas. However hes less than half his price, same age and PL proven. And offers what we dont have in midfield. Elneny nor Xhaka can carry the ball. Neither is mobile or quick. Hes playing incredibly well for Everton. A team who have a very good chance of finishing above us this season unless we pull something magically out of the hat today.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom