• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The club have offered me a saeson ticket but...

asajoseph

Established Member
Anyone know where we are with the season ticket waiting list now?

I was about 21k down the list, but I've literally just been offered a ticket today (which I'm going to take, naturally). It must have been slashed practically in half this season, which is incredibly worrying for the club.

James

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Anyone know where we are with the season ticket waiting list now?

I was about 21k down the list, but I've literally just been offered a ticket today (which I'm going to take, naturally). It must have been slashed practically in half this season, which is incredibly worrying for the club.
Fantastic for yourself, but that is certainly worrying.

Perhaps there's no real rush for me to join the waiting list then, because i don't think i'll be able to afford it for another few years yet.

asajoseph

Established Member
However, I'm not quite sure that the list is as straightforward as first one on, first one off.

My mate who I go to games with sometimes has been on the list for a couple of years more than me, and so far has had no joy from the club. I'm wondering if I was prioritised because I basically went to every single home game last season through my existing membership, so they just thought they might as well give me a season ticket?

James

Established Member
I always assumed that is was just the case of first come, first served. I've no idea how they work it then. They must have some sort of priority in place, that, or as you mentioned, spotted that you are indeed going regularly.

How long you been on the list for?

ricky1985

Established Member
Surely someone on here is already on the list and can check their current position? I would like to know tbh, will be worried if it turns out to be as you say Asa.

ivansen

So how are things with the season tickets waiting list this year? Is the club bluffing by claiming there are 40000 people on the list, or are we actually this popular?

I know Utd are struggling to get rid of theirs, and maybe this is a trend which includes us. Anyone on the list or something who knows something?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dunno mate. I was 26000 back in 2003and after they reduced the list by 13500 due to the increase in seats after our move to the Emirates, I am yet to be offered one. I was around 8000 back in 2007 and I'm still waiting.

ivansen

Ok, fair enough. Seems we are indeed a popular club. Delighted on the one hand, dissappointed on the other as I'm studying in London next season.

Thanks for the input.

xcdude24

Established Member
Without going on a tangent, the waiting list is mainly because a season ticket had become a hot commodity among middle class professional types in London and the home counties. They're there so they can talk about it on Monday at work rather than support the club. Disgraceful, really.

hesham

Established Member
I've also been offered one, might be being paranoid but worrying if the link they have provide is 'legit', as i have not been consistent with my red membership and thought it got cancelled if you miss a season

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Season ticket waiting list is different from the Red membership. I've never been on the red membership with my own details that I used to get on the waiting list as there was no red membership back then.

asajoseph

Established Member
If they've offered you one, you should be fine.

I'm pretty sure that the waiting list cannot be 'one on - one off' - I leapfrogged people who'd been on the list a lot longer when I got mine, and I think it's mainly because I went to so many games on my red membership. One of the guys I go with fairly regularly didn't get a ST until this season (i.e. 2010/11), despite being on the list a good few years longer than me.

This means you'll hear a lot of worrying anecdotes about the waiting list disappearing - though I'm not quite sure how long it really is either.

hesham

Established Member
Thank for that guys. Have no idea were I got that from tbf...Just bought a season ticket! was originally offered behind the Goal upper but managed to get a ticket in RA - Block 5 as was buying only one ticket. row 4 - hoping its not too close to pitch? Been around there once and atmosphere was brilliant. ****. Just raped my balance but its worth it! :lol:

hesham

Established Member
Yeah :D you sit around there James? know what the atmospheres like? I've sat in Block 6 a couple of time was amazing, hoping it is the same in 5.

Top Bottom