The Effect of Coronavirus on Football

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by carter777, Mar 10, 2020.

?

Is the return of football important to you?

1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

45.5%
  3. No strong opinion either way

18.2%
  1. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Gary Deep pulling the strings from deep on a monday afternoon, lovely stuff.

2. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

You have one foot out the door anyways, so its alright.

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

4. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

9?! 5 I can understand, but 9?! Oh, nevermind. Classic "read the headline only" mistake.

This is something I actually do agree with. I've been thinking about this for a while even without the pandemic and shutdown.

It would be nice to see 4/5 substitutions with a bench of 9 players.

5. GoodEbening

GoodEbening To Everyone Except Arteta

Wooo I'm so scared~~~~ Someone got pissed that I called out the truth and refused to indulge in personal worship like he does. Wow I see you own this site and its moderators huh? Which part about my statements were untruths? Can't handle the fact that your boy is as incompetent as I've said?

The fact is you are just a fanboy of Coneboy and not a true fan. Plain and simple. Imagine kowtowing to someone who is proven even worse than Emery and blatantly ignoring all his flaws. How objective you are and what a true fan you are huh? I'd bet you will still sing praises of and grovel at your boy Arteta even if we get relegated. Fake fan.

6. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Haha I'd love it if Chelsea recalled their entire loan army of 27 players to use as subs, Piazon, Miazga, Musonda, Van Ginkel etc, and Danny Drinkwater still didn't get an appearance.

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

What flaws has Arteta shown? Just tell me that. I’ll wait, thank you.

8. GoodEbening

Do I need to repeat myself a thousand times? He has zero experience and have performed even worse than Emery. PPG,GD,Cup progression. Horrible style of football too, sideways backwards passing. But you turn a blind eye to all that just because he is your personal idol and has shiny hair. Let me repeat, worse than Emery.

9. Oxeki

Oxeki New Thread Merchant

:lol: :rofl:

Tourbillion likes this.
  10. GoodEbening

No joke, his myopia and blind personal worship is ridiculous.

11. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

No, you don't. Please, please, just don't

GDeep™ and RacingPhoton like this.
  12. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

As I currently find myself busy with work most
    of the day anyways I did not quite miss football as much as of yet and I did not even feel like watching the local BL without fans even though
    it is the only football we have right now.

Yet, as the return of the PL and with it, our team playing again, comes ever closer, I realize how much I missed not football in general, but our team.

We might have many players with big question marks but I just cannot help it but to love watching this team evolve, with the young hungry kids, my favorite new manager who I deem one of the upcoming greats in the game as well as Pepe, as I think he'll ultimately smash it.

Really getting excited for the return and cannot wait. Of course, no one can predict how long it'll last without new shutdowns..

Hopefully we have a chance of seeing one of the test games that are now allowed.

samshere likes this.

13. Wonder if we will set anything up? Videos make it look like we are close to fit enough...

14. The White Pelè

The White Pelè Well-Known Member

So we will resume the league against that bald ****er. I'd love to beat him so much!

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Think it'll be played in training ground there won't be even videos

16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Will these friendly matches be against other PL teams? It's not clear.

17. American_Gooner

The BBC’s first ever live Premier League match is likely to be Bournemouth v Crystal Palace, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

The historic broadcast has been pencilled in for a Saturday night primetime slot at 7.45pm on June 20, subject to final ratification.

Telegraph Sport can also disclose that the first Premier League fixture back following the coronavirus crisis is likely to be Aston Villa v Sheffield United on June 17.

The game has been pencilled in for 6pm that day and will be broadcast by Sky Sports, which is also set to show Manchester City v Arsenal at 8pm.

Bournemouth v Palace could end up being the most watched Premier League game ever on UK television, breaking the record of 4.04 million viewers who tuned in to watch the Manchester derby on Sky in April 2012.

However, it could be trumped by the Merseyside derby the same match weekend, which Sky has already announced it will make available free-to-air and which could see Liverpool crowned Premier League champions for the first time.

The day and kick-off time of that game is pending confirmation on whether it will be staged at Goodison Park or a neutral venue.

An announcement is expected this week on the full broadcast schedule for June’s Premier League fixtures, for which Sky have the lions’ share of games.

It already held the rights to City v Arsenal, which was called off in March after Mikel Arteta tested positive for Covid-19, days before all football in England was suspended.

Sky also had the rights to four other games that have been rescheduled for the weekend of June 20: the Merseyside derby, Tottenham v Manchester United, Aston Villa v Chelsea and West Ham United v Wolverhampton Wanderers.

BT Sport held the rights to Watford v Leicester City, leaving Bournemouth v Palace, Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal, City v Burnley, Newcastle United v Sheffield United, and Norwich City v Southampton as the games up for grabs.

The remaining 92 Premier League games will be shared between four UK broadcasters, with Sky showing 64 (25 of them free-to-air), BT 20 and the BBC and Amazon four each.

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes it look they'll play against PL teams because the government not allowing teams to travel far

Tourbillion likes this.
  19. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

First ever live PL game for BBC! That is mental.

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. American_Gooner