<

The Effect of Coronavirus on Football

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by carter777, Mar 10, 2020.

?

Is the return of football important to you?

1. Yes

43.2%
  2. No

39.2%
  3. No strong opinion either way

17.6%
  1. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Feel like Wenger.

2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

:rofl:

Hunta likes this.
  3. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

If they cancel the season and pretend it didn't happen, surely the teams that are negatively affected by it will complain/sue...Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield United won't be happy.

Whereas my idea of ending it now, with where you are in the table being you final position, surely the bottom three and such will be pissed off...still think this is the fairer way slightly.

I assume they will have to just play out the season at some point, to stop them being sued.

4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Yours is a daft idea when the battle for Top 4 and PL survival is still in the air.

You either finish it or you end it, leaving it in the middle especially when there could be a situation where one team has played more etc, is just dumb.

Hunta and Riou like this.
  5. Hunta

It’ll be cancelled surely, run the risk of messing with the following season otherwise.

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

I’m not sure, the pressure from Liverpool must be crazy.

They could find a way to play the games behind closed doors, two games a week etc, bang it all out and let that decide CL places, relegation etc, saves them headaches.

7. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

This actually can become very tricky to get an agreement that suits all clubs and the players/agents involved. Chelsea for example have Giroud, Willian and Pedro all on deals expiring on 30 June. Will they be allowed to get an extension? How about incoming players? Ziyech is joining on 1 July. Does that mean Ajax get an extension too so they keep him if their league hasn't finished too? What if their league has finished by then, will he be allowed to join them? If he is, will that be fair to other teams who can't sign players because all other leagues are still in progress.

Toby Andrl and American_Gooner like this.
  8. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

To be fair there's a hell of alot up in the air at the minute from a legal perspective. Took new legislation just to give co panties the right to send people home if displaying symptoms of C19 as under previous statutes it could be considered bullying.

Would imagine most players will want to do right by the club and the fans - not to mention their own wallet. Especially as most leagues will be suspended for foreseeable future and an inability to join up and train with new teammates. Not as if they can fly off for a lengthy holiday either

9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

10. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

Will be like Sheff Utd vs Tevez and West Ham x 1000

American_Gooner likes this.
  11. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Classy message from a classy manager.

Still, expect there'll be a number of idiots who'll get pretty upset at not completing the league when they're a mile ahead.

12. American_Gooner

Not like them to overreact is it..?:

Riou likes this.
  13. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

A salary cap & contracts with guaranteed money nailed on in PL v2.0.

14. Moleque

Moleque Active Member

seems to me the cure is worse than the disease

15. Reodor Felgen

Reodor Felgen Active Member

Im seeing a lot of people saying the teams are going to sue. Sue for what? Taking measures against a global pandemic? Cant imagine any court ruling in the teams favour.

Read something about the PL rules, which says if the season is suspended for more than 65 days, the season is voided.

Im 99% sure Fifa will «restart» every league in their system, just to make it fair. Same starting point for everyone as in the beginning of this season. Only way to do it really.

zilfy and Tir Na Nog like this.
  16. American_Gooner

The guy responsible for spreading that on social media admitted he made it up

17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Alot of serie a players start to get the virus first were few Sampdoria players now a player from Fiorentina

18. Hunta

Any news on Rugani? Hudson-Odoi has recovered.

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Why can’t you just have a window to deal with this? I don’t see the big deal. Have a normal transfer window no matter at what stage the various leagues are.

20. American_Gooner

****, imagine if this happens

irishgunnerz likes this.