The Effect of Coronavirus on Football

GDeep™

Cute and Clever
The above article has changed within seconds btw, it said 10’000 a day could need the hospital and 1000 a week could die - now it’s totally changed.

American_Gooner

Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so.

SevenOfClubs

The above article has changed within seconds btw, it said 10’000 a day could need the hospital and 1000 a week could die - now it’s totally changed.
its fooking Daily Mail, Scaremongering and Racism is the key to their sales. I have not doubt the Indian Variant is an issue, but where were these articles when the Kent Variant was rampant. They were bringing out articles about how Boris should just open things up and that the Kent Variant wasn't that bad.

Jury

AM's drunk uncle, looking for excuses 🤥
Apparently studies show that pfzier and astrazenica work well against the Indian variant.
I know of three people recently that tested positive after having Pfizer and astrazenica. Two have mild symptoms which you get a lot of the time even if you haven’t had any vaccine at all, and one is very ill. I have no clue what to make of it.

Olivier_Giroud

It's now just over a year since Mike Arteta caught Covid-19. The club announced it 12/3/20. That brought the Premier League to a halt, they cancelled everything. Just as well in retrospect because our government were dithering hopelessly. People in the UK practically had to impose a lockdown on themselves before our government got round to it.
Arteta's COVID diagnosis was announced March 12, which at that time tests take several days before results are in, and considering COVID's incubation period take up to a couple of weeks, this numbnut most likely caught COVID in February. February? Yes, the month of 2020 which many in the Western World think COVID is still thousands of miles away in China.

I am not saying Arteta is the UK's PATIENT ZERO which caused the deaths of thousands of lives in Britannia, but it does make you think.

Arteta, in his infinite wisdom, singlehandedly shut down the Premier League, his greatest contribution in football to date.

jato

I know of three people recently that tested positive after having Pfizer and astrazenica. Two have mild symptoms which you get a lot of the time even if you haven’t had any vaccine at all, and one is very ill. I have no clue what to make of it.

The vaccines are not a guarantee that you still won't get it. I think it's a misconception that you are completely immune from it once you have the vaccine. Pfizer and Astra (add in every other vaccine here) are not 100% and never was. It just means you are far less likely to get it than not and are protected especially from the earlier strains.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes
The vaccines are not a guarantee that you still won't get it. I think it's a misconception that you are completely immune from it once you have the vaccine. Pfizer and Astra (add in every other vaccine here) are not 100% and never was. It just means you are far less likely to get it than not and are protected especially from the earlier strains.

Is it right that you're almost guaranteed not to pass it on to someone else though? Or is that another misconception.

jato

Is it right that you're almost guaranteed not to pass it on to someone else though? Or is that another misconception.

Is this based on you've had the vaccine but still managed to get covid? I don't see why you couldn't still pass it on if you haven't got rid of it and still in the infectious period. A virus that's transmissible is still a virus right?

Tir Na Nog

Is this based on you've had the vaccine but still managed to get covid? I don't see why you couldn't still pass it on if you haven't got rid of it and still in the infectious period. A virus that's transmissible is still a virus right?

No I haven't got it yet but I thought the idea was the vaccine helped prevent the spread of the virus, hence why most places are allowing vaccinated people to legally visit each other without any social distancing, masks, etc because supposedly there's no risk.

Tir Na Nog

Also I take it in the UK that everything is going out the window? Like you won't even need proof of vaccination or a negative test result to do what you want? Am I correct in my understanding?

Makingtrax

Planes, Trains & Social Media Rants
Also I take it in the UK that everything is going out the window? Like you won't even need proof of vaccination or a negative test result to do what you want? Am I correct in my understanding?
England is looking to take down all existing protections based in law, including the wearing of masks indoors, on July 19th. They’re going to leave it all to people’s judgement after that. Never heard anything so crazy with cases rising to 27,000 a day and doubling every 9 days. This winter, throw in season flu + COVID, the NHS will be under similar pressure to last year.

Tir Na Nog

England is looking to take down all existing protections based in law, including the wearing of masks indoors, on July 19th. They’re going to leave it all to people’s judgement after that. Never heard anything so crazy with cases rising to 27,000 a day and doubling every 9 days. This winter, throw in season flu + COVID, the NHS will be under similar pressure to last year.

The mask thing I don't get, it's such an incredibly minor inconvenience you'd think theyd at least just keep it for public transport, shops, etc maybe. It seems like Boris is trying to win brownie points with the public by giving them their "freedom" back. I understand what he's saying about living with the virus but why just chuck everything out the window all at once? For everyone's sake I hope the gamble pays off but seems very risky.

Penn_

Established Member
Do cases still matter at this point? Obviously there’s always been a delay in hospitalisations and deaths. But if those two don’t rise significantly why wouldn’t you ease restrictions?

TornadoTed

Do cases still matter at this point? Obviously there’s always been a delay in hospitalisations and deaths. But if those two don’t rise significantly why wouldn’t you ease restrictions?
That is a sound argument at the moment but that could change. The concern is that with widespread infection the virus will mutate into a strain that the vaccine isn't as effective on, the more cases the greater the risk of mutation.

Latest posts