The Effect of Coronavirus on Football

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ✔️
I forsee a very difficult season for English football. Sporting bubbles may as well no longer exist as the Johnson variant is ripping through England. When community transmission is so high its inevitably gonna reach footballers just like we saw in December. Only this time it'll be worse as there are no restrictions. What will the implications be for fielding a team or European travel?

American_Gooner

Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so.
E648DmpXIAMJUcu

Makingtrax

Planes, Trains & Social Media Rants

Guessing @Sydney-Gooner and @Gunner boy dd won't like this either
Anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, right wing libertarians/capitalists p!ssed at losing freedoms/money, 'let the oldies and sick fend for themselves' Darwinists and worst of all those pretending it's all over blown and little worse than flu need to be shipped off to a large island and left there as an experiment to see how large the r rate can actually get without intervention, and what other variants develop. If there's any left after a few months, we can study how they get on with long covid. Win win.

Gunner boy dd

Coronavirus Truther
Anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, right wing libertarians/capitalists p!ssed at losing freedoms/money, 'let the oldies and sick fend for themselves' Darwinists and worst of all those pretending it's all over blown and little worse than flu need to be shipped off to a large island and left there as an experiment to see how large the r rate can actually get without intervention, and what other variants develop. If there's any left after a few months, we can study how they get on with long covid. Win win.
What about the indigenous people? Reckon they’ve died of these new variants? I’d be more than happy to partake in your experiment btw. @BigPoppaPump you up for a trip mate?

Makingtrax

What about the indigenous people? Reckon they’ve died of these new variants? I’d be more than happy to partake in your experiment btw. @BigPoppaPump you up for a trip mate?
Well done bro, there’s a few quite large uninhabited islands to use. Just thought of another beneficial side effect too, when all these nutters are gone, there’s no way the likes of Trump will ever get re-elected. :lol:

Gunner boy dd

Coronavirus Truther
Well done bro, there’s a few quite large uninhabited islands to use. Just thought of another beneficial side effect too, when all these nutters are gone, there’s no way the likes of Trump will ever get re-elected. :lol:
:lol: But seriously, do you think I would die of Covid if me and my family/friends went to live on an island without intervention like you said? And that new variants would develop? I’m not interested in Trump btw mate. I’m from the U.K

Makingtrax

:lol: But seriously, do you think I would die of Covid if me and my family/friends went to live on an island without intervention like you said? And that new variants would develop? I’m not interested in Trump btw mate. I’m from the U.K
I don’t know your age or medical history. But on your island with no rules, going around without a mask and no vaccine, you’re a potential walking murder weapon.

Tom Mix

Totalitarian bigots need to be shipped out first and maybe have the ship sunk on their way to infest somewhere.

TornadoTed

European football has lost £3.4 billion in revenue and people still question the club for not selling enough of our fringe players.

freeglennhelder2

At the start of this mess I was saddened and horrified to see some friends and families hardened anti-vax views, but my stance has slightly softened and now believe people should be allowed to have free speech and make their own choices.

Everyone is aware you can still catch it after a double jab (with less likelihood of falling seriously ill of course) so the whole isolation process still kicks in? So disruption to football will certainty be ongoing for the foreseeable future.

GoonerJay24

At the start of this mess I was saddened and horrified to see some friends and families hardened anti-vax views, but my stance has slightly softened and now believe people should be allowed to have free speech and make their own choices.

Everyone is aware you can still catch it after a double jab (with less likelihood of falling seriously ill of course) so the whole isolation process still kicks in? So disruption to football will certainty be ongoing for the foreseeable future.
Apparently many players don't trust the vaccine neither

NorfLondon123

Hello

Really looking forward to attending Arsenal v Chelsea next week

Have definitely missed football (Don't go to matches often, but love it when do), but am a little apprehensive re covid

We have bought club seats so less people per block

But just wanted to check for anyone that has attended a recent match, how was it in terms safety? I know nothing is guaranteed/individual perception and experiences are different, but wanted to get opinions for when inside and outside the stadium

Thanks!

Latest posts