The Effect of Coronavirus on Football

Stop with this nonsense. You're either completely brainwashed or don't know what you're talking about. It's an established (proven by numbers) fact it comes down to your immune system.

Cancer can ruing anybody, any age, so can plethora of other diseases. If we're going by your logic we should all be scared ****less of any disease because it's all down to luck if we get it or not.
If there was a vaccine that could reduce risk of developing cancer and potential complications of it that had the same safety profile and evidence of efficacy at the covid vaccines I'm definitely getting it. What point are you trying to make?
Not true at all and you clearly don't know what classifies as an experimental drug and what research needs to be done for the drug to be fully approved.

This thread has demonstrated that you have the scientific literacy of a 4th grader. Please tell us more about why this vaccine isn't safe enough to be approved. I'm sure you know more than the FDA, TGA, MRHA Medsafe etc.

That says more about the NHS than it does about COVID. COVID has exposed how chronically under funded health and hospital systems are in the West. COVID is a moderately severe pandemic - global IFR estimated to be around 0.2% (higher in older and more unhealthy populations e.g., UK, USA).

As for lockdowns - I don't know how people can still say that they *work* given the voluminous data we have across the 18 months that show unequivocally that they do not work as intended.

USA - 2225 covid deaths per 1 million people

UK - 2023 covid deaths per 1 million people

NZ - 6 covid deaths per 1 million people

Yeah lockdowns definitely don't work mate :lol:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
If there was a vaccine that could reduce risk of developing cancer and potential complications of it that had the same safety profile and evidence of efficacy at the covid vaccines I'm definitely getting it. What point are you trying to make?

This thread has demonstrated that you have the scientific literacy of a 4th grader. Please tell us more about why this vaccine isn't safe enough to be approved. I'm sure you know more than the FDA, TGA, MRHA Medsafe etc.

Ah again with the insults, why so insecure?

I never said it's not save enough to be approved and I never questioned the efficacy. It doesn't change the fact it's an experimental drug. Go read up on the FDA guidelines of what it takes for a drug to be fully approved.

I'm completely fine the vax being experimental and I'm completely fine giving it to targeted demographics. The problem is the governments are trying to mandate it to the whole population when there's really no need for it. The data clearly shows that.

ExtjExhtts

=Ex timo jens Ex Highbury two thousand six

I never said it's not save enough to be approved and I never questioned the efficacy. It doesn't change the fact it's an experimental drug. Go read up on the FDA guidelines of what it takes for a drug to be fully approved.

I'm completely fine the vax being experimental and I'm completely fine giving it to targeted demographics. The problem is the governments are trying to mandate it to the whole population when there's really no need for it. The data clearly shows that.

The more people vaccinated, the less spread.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
USA - 2225 covid deaths per 1 million people

UK - 2023 covid deaths per 1 million people

NZ - 6 covid deaths per 1 million people

Yeah knockdowns definitely don't work mate :lol:

:lol:

What about the immesurable negative effect of having the whole country locked up? Jobs lost, mental health issues, people not getting proper medical treatment for other health issues (sharp incline in number of operations, diagnosis etc?). Don't be so daft.

ExtjExhtts

So do you belive that 100% vaccination rate equals no spread?

Of course not. But the vaccines provide protection against infection to a certain extent so a 100% vaccination rate equals a significantly reduced spread and very, very few deaths overall.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Of course not. But the vaccines provide protection against infection to a certain extent so a 100% vaccination rate equals a significantly reduced spread and very, very few deaths overall.

So natural immunity is a non factor for you?

Okay fair enough that's more reasonable. My follow up question would be what data do you have that shows a limited vaccine roll-out is superior to a mass vaccine roll out?

Two studies showing that there is lower rates of transmission of Covid 19 in vaccinated healthcare workers compared to unvaccinated workers.

The more people you have vaccinated the lower the transmission in the community.

Now on top of this the more unvaccinated the population the greater the risk of mutation and new strains emerging.

"Unvaccinated people are potential variant factories,” Dr. William Schaffner, a professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, told CNN.

“The more unvaccinated people there are, the more opportunities for the virus to multiply,” he added.

Variants evolve in the body of a person who is infected with the coronavirus.

“When it does, it mutates, and it could throw off a variant mutation that is even more serious down the road,” Schaffner said."

The less people vaccinated in the population the greater the transmission, disease severity and greater risk of mutations making the virus even harder to control for the healthcare system.

ExtjExhtts

The pandemic is basically over in several countries (the spread is endemic in those areas) and thats largely because of the vaccines. I think the pandemic overall will be declared void at least in the spring but antivaxxers is trying to stop this. Do they even realise what they are doing?

:lol:

What about the immesurable negative effect of having the whole country locked up? Jobs lost, mental health issues, people not getting proper medical treatment for other health issues (sharp incline in number of operations, diagnosis etc?). Don't be so daft.
Stop chatting rubbish mate :lol:

In NZ the suicide rate has declined in the last two years. The unemployment rate has continued to go down in the last 12 months. The job market has never been better for people trying to look for work, places are offering higher pay since ao many people are employed and there's less competition.

You know what would've denied people medical treatment? Not going into lock down during March 2020 and letting the whole countries healthcare system overwhelmed by covid.

Going into strict lock down was objectively the right thing to do and benefited the population far more than doing **** all like you seem to prefer.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Stop chatting rubbish mate :lol:

In NZ the suicide rate has declined in the last two years. The unemployment rate has continued to go down in the last 12 months. The job market has never been better for people trying to look for work, places are offering higher pay since ao many people are employed and there's less competition.

You know what would've denied people medical treatment? Not going into lock down during March 2020 and letting the whole countries healthcare system overwhelmed by covid.

Going into strict lock down was objectively the right thing to do and benefited the population far more than doing **** all like you seem to prefer.

The lenght people are trying to go to prove their point. Do you honestly believe lockdowns have a positive effect(s) on the society? :lol: Look around and open your eyes ffs.

Healthcare system being overwhelmed are also down to decades and decades of either underfunding of the system by the governments or wild privatisation of the healthcare sector.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Okay fair enough that's more reasonable. My follow up question would be what data do you have that shows a limited vaccine roll-out is superior to a mass vaccine roll out?

Two studies showing that there is lower rates of transmission of Covid 19 in vaccinated healthcare workers compared to unvaccinated workers.

The more people you have vaccinated the lower the transmission in the community.

Now on top of this the more unvaccinated the population the greater the risk of mutation and new strains emerging.

"Unvaccinated people are potential variant factories,” Dr. William Schaffner, a professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, told CNN.

“The more unvaccinated people there are, the more opportunities for the virus to multiply,” he added.

Variants evolve in the body of a person who is infected with the coronavirus.

“When it does, it mutates, and it could throw off a variant mutation that is even more serious down the road,” Schaffner said."

The less people vaccinated in the population the greater the transmission, disease severity and greater risk of mutations making the virus even harder to control for the healthcare system.

I've already wrote enought about this topic, I won't repeat myself. You're looking at the problem from a different angle than it should be looked at in my opinion. We've already established that the transmission and severity are effected with vaccination. But severity isn't a problem in most demographics and consequently the transmission shouldn't be the focus of the problem. Focus on those who are the most endengared. Look at the data of hospitalizations, severe cases and deaths. You'll get a clear picture who needs protection.

Makingtrax

Planes, Trains & Social Media Rants
Stop with this nonsense. You're either completely brainwashed or don't know what you're talking about. It's an established (proven by numbers) fact it comes down to your immune system.

Cancer can ruing anybody, any age, so can plethora of other diseases. If we're going by your logic we should all be scared ****less of any disease because it's all down to luck if we get it or not.
I don’t think I’m the one that’s brainwashed. Antivaxxers though 🙄

Makingtrax

And there’s another point you made which is clearly untrue. Infection does not just come down to the health of your immune system. Scientists have noted differences in age, ethnicity, gender, previous health concerns and genetic factors. Some are even looking into social and environmental factors. For any individual the element of risk stacks up in layers making the whole thing very complex as many of these layers are independent. And so yes luck is a major player until we fully understand the mechanisms of this disease.

The odds of getting seriously ill or dying of coronavirus gets greater with age, no doubt. But that simplistic view has left many grieving parents of young people with no previous health concerns wishing they’d been vaccinated. Some young people can have a seemingly healthy immune system, but for some reason we don’t understand it can over react to this virus.

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
And there’s another point you made which is clearly untrue. Infection does not just come down to the health of your immune system. Scientists have noted differences in age, ethnicity, gender, previous health concerns and genetic factors. Some are even looking into social and environmental factors. For any individual the element of risk stacks up in layers making the whole thing very complex as many of these layers are independent. And so yes luck is a major player until we fully understand the mechanisms of this disease.

The odds of getting seriously ill or dying of coronavirus gets greater with age, no doubt. But that simplistic view has left many grieving parents of young people with no previous health concerns wishing they’d been vaccinated. Some young people can have a seemingly healthy immune system, but for some reason we don’t understand it can over react to this virus.

Nitpicking again aren't we? Squad Cost fiasco has really made you a master. :lol:

For most it's down to their immune system. Obviously how effective is your immune system is down to many factors. At the end of the day look at the mortality rate and average age and you'll see who's the most at risk. The data is self explanatory really.

Makingtrax

Nitpicking again aren't we? Squad Cost fiasco has really made you a master. :lol:

For most it's down to their immune system. Obviously how effective is your immune system is down to many factors. At the end of the day look at the mortality rate and average age and you'll see who's the most at risk. The data is self explanatory really.
I'm not arguing with the data, that's as clear as day. But I am arguing that there's no reason for all adults to avoid vaccination, it gives controlled immunity, slows the spread and prevents the need for severe lockdowns. And 6.6bn doses say the side effects are minimal.

Latest posts