The Effect of Coronavirus on Football

Makingtrax

Planes, Trains & Social Media Rants
Trusted ✔️
We usually have about 15,000 cases of flu a day in the UK in December, throw in 130,000 daily cases of Omicron and still rising sharply and the absence from work is soon going to be catastrophic. Never mind the Premier League.

Xillin

Xhaka 🔛, Telly 🔨
Bro, there’s nearly 9 billion people vaccinated worldwide, if the side effects were anywhere near as bad as Covid problems, I think they‘d have been well documented by now. The proof is over whelming.
Think you didn't understand it

baccy_man

Established Member
It's being reported that Arteta, has tested positive for Covid, for a second time and will miss the Man City game.

Only 2-3 out with covid. Rest are injured and afcon. How can they allow this? They are just taking advantage of the situation.
We don't have enough players according to the rules (13 available players I believe) to play the game, we have 17 outfield players unavilable. We could happily play the games, but then other clubs would complain that the integrity of the competition is suffering, as we're essentially giving teams an easy win when we play 7 academy lads.

Sadly the PL have set the precedent, it should have been if you can't play the game then you forfeit and get a 2-0 loss, not rearrange the game for another time. As it is, this is now going to drag on all season and then we'll end up having to extend the season or play something silly like 5 games in 13 days at some point. I personally think we should just get a couple more wins in the league then concentrate on the Euro Conference League.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November
We don't have enough players according to the rules (13 available players I believe) to play the game, we have 17 outfield players unavilable. We could happily play the games, but then other clubs would complain that the integrity of the competition is suffering, as we're essentially giving teams an easy win when we play 7 academy lads.

Sadly the PL have set the precedent, it should have been if you can't play the game then you forfeit and get a 2-0 loss, not rearrange the game for another time. As it is, this is now going to drag on all season and then we'll end up having to extend the season or play something silly like 5 games in 13 days at some point. I personally think we should just get a couple more wins in the league then concentrate on the Euro Conference League.
Just assume there's no covid factor at all and it's just an usual season. So still you are missing 15 outfield players. Will you get it postponed in a regular season? No.
But yeah, it is more of a stupidity from PL to set this precedent.

Just assume there's no covid factor at all and it's just an usual season. So still you are missing 15 outfield players. Will you get it postponed in a regular season? No.
But yeah, it is more of a stupidity from PL to set this precedent.
I don't disagree with you mate, but the PL sadly set the rules.

'Where a club has been unable to field 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper for a match due to COVID-19 infections, injuries, illness and/or those isolating.'

This won't be the last time one of our games is postponed either, we're likely to have another in the next two weeks ffs.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November
Burnley vs Leicester postponed. But this time it's due to Burnley. Burnley will have 5 games in hand while Leicester will have 4 (and are also in europa). This is going to be a nightmare for those clubs.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ✔️
This study found between 1 in 13 and 1 in 50 top athletes develop myocarditis after COVID infection.

Although not specifically in athletes, myocarditis after Vaccination was 1 in 50,000

This review of physically fit military people found

23 cases out of 2.8 million doses of vaccine had myocarditis

You are way more likely to get myocarditis from the infection than from the vaccination

drippin

Established Member
Not sure the opinion of one doctor on Joe rogan is proof of much. His Wikipedia says he’s been criticised for spreading misinformation on the subject.
Wikipedia, the ultimate truth source. :lol:

It's not just one doctor, there are over 15000 of physicians and scientists with Malone.

Joe Rogan even interviewed MacCullough also last month, who has great credentials, just like Malone.

Malone has even taken two jabs of this, but got frightening side effects with the second dose.