The Effect of Coronavirus on Football

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Clubs up and down the PL make use of the postponement arrangements. So much so that 20 games are postponed..."no problem here, everything is working how it should be." The 21st game gets postponed...holy ****! This is outrageous, the rules are all wrong, something has to be done about this." G. Neville blows his gasket, spuds release a statement that they're "surprised". Will someone please think of the children.

22nd game gets postponed...as you were. The rules are working as they should.

A Premier League shareholders' meeting called to reconsider rules on postponement. Hmm, glad to see we really matter again. We are back baby!

RacingPhoton

❤️ Xhaka ❤️

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I don't understand why covid being a sole cause matter here. If someone has another chronic issue and covid speeds up their death, isn't that an issue to be worried about?

Because it defies the mass media narrative. If you're healthy you have nothing to worry about.

hydrofluoric acid

Many Men Wish Death Upon Me
I don't understand why covid being a sole cause matter here. If someone has another chronic issue and covid speeds up their death, isn't that an issue to be worried about?

I wonder if we will take as brutal measurements against causes of chronic issues as we have done against covid after the pandemic is over.

RacingPhoton

❤️ Xhaka ❤️
Because it defies the mass media narrative. If you're healthy you have nothing to worry about.
If you are talking about vaccinations, then maybe you have a point that it should not be forced on people who don't have any underlying conditions. But do we have numbers of people hospitalised without any other issues?
If you are talking about initial lockdowns, we know how much the NHS was impacted. Healthy people can spread it to unhealthy people.

RacingPhoton

❤️ Xhaka ❤️
I wonder if we will take as brutal measurements against causes of chronic issues as we have done against covid after the pandemic is over.
Because people with chronic issues were able to survive. It's only after getting covid they died. And chronic issues are not stopped through lockdowns. They are mostly lifestyle related and age related. The government cannot control people's diet and exercising habits. And we don't have anything to reverse ageing.

See I agree certain points against strict rules or just throwing in more vaccines every 6 months and forcing people to take them.

But whatever happened so far, like the first 2 lockdowns, mass vaccinations to open up the economy were all crucial and played a role in getting back to normal life. Going by Omicron numbers, I wouldn't expect mandatory vaccinations or lockdowns anymore. At least in the UK, the government seems to have mostly removed all the restrictions. I find the approach completely fair.

hydrofluoric acid

Many Men Wish Death Upon Me
Because people with chronic issues were able to survive. It's only after getting covid they died. And chronic issues are not stopped through lockdowns. They are mostly lifestyle related and age related. The government cannot control people's diet and exercising habits. And we don't have anything to reverse ageing.

See I agree certain points against strict rules or just throwing in more vaccines every 6 months and forcing people to take them.

But whatever happened so far, like the first 2 lockdowns, mass vaccinations to open up the economy were all crucial and played a role in getting back to normal life. Going by Omicron numbers, I wouldn't expect mandatory vaccinations or lockdowns anymore. At least in the UK, the government seems to have mostly removed all the restrictions. I find the approach completely fair.

Able to survive? Chronic issues are actually the leading cause of death and disability in many countries. It cost a lot of money for these societies. I'm not talking about the same measurements as in pandemic but as brutal. Limit sugar, tobacco, alcohol to these people. Like everyone's, even the healthiest people were limited in the covid.

Yes with omicron there is hope that everything will return to normal! But it will be interesting to see how governments in the world behave after getting such an insane and fascist power. These things are very hard to let go of.

RacingPhoton

❤️ Xhaka ❤️
Able to survive? Chronic issues are actually the leading cause of death and disability in many countries. It cost a lot of money for these societies. I'm not talking about the same measurements as in pandemic but as brutal. Limit sugar, tobacco, alcohol to these people. Like everyone's, even the healthiest people were limited in the covid.

Yes with omicron there is hope that everything will return to normal! But it will be interesting to see how governments in the world behave after getting such an insane and fascist power. These things are very hard to let go of.
I am pretty sure you know the difference between death by chronic issues and death by covid. If someone is going to die in 4 years due to that chronic issue, that person will die in two weeks because of covid. The problem with pandemics like Covid is that there is a sudden spike in number of people getting into hospitals. These spikes are not something any country's healthcare can handle. You know how the hospitals were struggling at that point. Do you think governments had a choice there?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
If you are talking about vaccinations, then maybe you have a point that it should not be forced on people who don't have any underlying conditions. But do we have numbers of people hospitalised without any other issues?
If you are talking about initial lockdowns, we know how much the NHS was impacted. Healthy people can spread it to unhealthy people.

My point was about vaccinations, yes. I don't know if the data you're asking is publicly available but you can always FOI request it.

Initial lockdowns were probably necessary and the most logical course of action as we didn't know what we're facing. Doing it repeatedly after it was obvious they don't work was complete and utter waste of resources.

bergholt

FOI request on the data that shows Covid-19 as the only cause of death mentioned on death certificate, so no commorbidites or any other health issues.

COVID-19 deaths and autopsies Feb 2020 to Dec 2021 - Office for National Statistics

What? I've written many death certificates in my time, including for covid patients. It would be weird to just write Covid-19 on there. A death certificate contains the underlying cause and then antecedent causes. So I'd write Covid-19 then respiratory failure then ARDS. Or Covid-19 then viral pneumonia. Or something similar.

If someone's just writing Covid-19 then they're doing a bad job, though probably understandable given the pressure they're under with hospitals full of sick people.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.