• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
"...when he was substituted in the FA Cup semi-final as Wenger searched for a winning goal, the response from the red and white crowd was a sharp intake of panicky breath, as if it all might collapse without the glue they call Le Coq."

That says it all, lol.

Didn't know he had such a tough time in Germany.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
"...when he was substituted in the FA Cup semi-final as Wenger searched for a winning goal, the response from the red and white crowd was a sharp intake of panicky breath, as if it all might collapse without the glue they call Le Coq."

That says it all, lol.

Didn't know he had such a tough time in Germany.

Didn't know he was married either! That's interesting.

I think someone with the level of determination that he has is vital to the squad. As ridiculous as it sounds now, I could see him being at least a vice-captain depending on the progression of his game. Wenger's asked him to simplify his game to get the best out of him, but surely - given his relative lack of experience currently - there will be an evolution.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Didn't know he was married either! That's interesting.

I think someone with the level of determination that he has is vital to the squad. As ridiculous as it sounds now, I could see him being at least a vice-captain depending on the progression of his game. Wenger's asked him to simplify his game to get the best out of him, but surely - given his relative lack of experience currently - there will be an evolution.

Definitely. One image that always sticks in my mind is during the Man City game where everyone else is celebrating a goal and Coq is shouting abuse at them because they were far from comfortable. He's definitely got potential to be our future captain. He's probably already more influential than Mertesacker or Arteta.

I do think that Wenger has been grooming Wilshere for captain but I feel that he's far too impulsive and enjoys to provoke opposition. Which can also be a good trait, but I think Coq is the more natural leader. He's even said he'd like to be as good as Patrick Vieira.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Disagree re in bold as we've been without any semblance of a ball winner since Flamini departed in 2008, we've lacked a genuine DM since Gilberto was sold the same summer, and Song was sold in 2012.

Developing a player for 7 years does not stop you from directly addressing any issue for that time frame.
I agree. But Surely you don't belive coquelin was the reason for that?

The problem was our **** replacements (song, denilson, in a way diaby, and then a **** flamini with arteta), not developing coquelin on the side.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

SC_Freiburg_vs_FSVMainz_17_ao%C3%BBt_2013_53.jpg

PRICK.

Anzac

Established Member
I agree. But Surely you don't belive coquelin was the reason for that?

The problem was our **** replacements (song, denilson, in a way diaby, and then a **** flamini with arteta), not developing coquelin on the side.

Not at all, although some posters either seem to think it was all part of AW's genius plan in developing Coquelin, or that they've conveniently forgotten that AW neglected the role for more than half a decade during the peak Fabregas & RVP years.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
I'd actually like Kos to get capo for a while, the guy just leads by example. If Ramsey becomes more consistent in a couple of years (when he's around 26), give it to him.

Marmaduke

I'd still be very cautious before saying he's the next best thing since sliced bread and should be future captain. Fantastic so far but you have to keep the levels up for a while longer before such talk should get mentioned never mind serious. I think Coq even mentioned himself when a pundit talked about how his stats are better than Matic's that you can only make a valid comparison after a full season.

a_fourteen

Established Member
he reminds me of gary neville. not the best baller but tried his best and wore his heart on his sleeve. the kind of player fans love and opposition fans hate.

Iceman10

Established Member
That's a bit insulting to Le Coq, there's a lot more to him than just "doing his best" and "wearing his heart on his sleeve". ffs. I'm not doing down Gary Neville but he was also prone to errors now and again, it's just not a good comparison at all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
he reminds me of gary neville. not the best baller but tried his best and wore his heart on his sleeve. the kind of player fans love and opposition fans hate.

Neville was quality mate, great defender and held his own in attacking positions.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
He was out of position for their goal yesterday. His front foot sliding in is great when it comes off but if it goes wrong it does leave us stranded.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wasnt his best game for us yesterday. I think we were out-tacticked yesterday tho.

Worrying trend. Monk and van Gaal both nullified us save for a flueky deflection

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
If he's average then what the hell is the rest of the team? He's out-performed like 80% of the squad ffs.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
If he's average then what the hell is the rest of the team? He's out-performed like 80% of the squad ffs.

He has outperformed Per from the current starting-11, and no one else.

Ospina, Bellerin, Giroud, Ramsey have performed as good.

Sanchez, Özil, Nacho, Santi and Kos have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom