• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Emirates Cup: Saturday, 29th July 2017, 16:20 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There is no doubt that Xhaka got better as the season went on, and was excellent in the cup final. Whether hes the answer long term we ll see this season.

I don't think any one single player is the answer, but I certainly feel many people got carried away by the usual strong finish to the season after we got knocked out of all competitions bar the FA Cup. We struggled throughout the season with asserting control in midfield, especially in big games.

Xhaka is a conduit/facilitator but he's not a player who's going to go and wrestle the ball from opponents. We need a Sanchez level player in midfield and we haven't had that since Vieira. I really do feel it's the one area that if Wenger took more seriously, we would move up 2 or 3 levels.

I still feel we are too easy to play through and will continue to struggle against high calibre opposition away from home until this gets addressed.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So just watched the re-run on Quest Tv. Walcott was very good today looks like he was playing with something to prove.

That rocket by Iwobi was perfection.

I'm going tomorrow and purposely picked tomorrow as it's Cup day. Think I might just see Arsenal win and lift a cup

;)

I was really impressed with the link up play on the left side today. Kolasinac showed awareness and intelligence that we've not had at leftback since Ashley Cole. I like his determination in 50-50s and his physical presence will help a lot when defending set pieces.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I noticed that too...

No idea why they also got to play in red and we wore the away kit is anybody's guess.
Probably to showcase the 2nd kit for the 1st time. But I hope we keep the away fans as far away from North Bank as possible in the future.

AVENTUS

I was really impressed with the link up play on the left side today. Kolasinac showed awareness and intelligence that we've not had at leftback since Ashley Cole. I like his determination in 50-50s and his physical presence will help a lot when defending set pieces.

He looks a beast doesn't he. Not somebody you wanna have a drunken brawl with in a bar.

neimad

I noticed that too...

No idea why they also got to play in red and we wore the away kit is anybody's guess.

I'd say as Benfica were drawn first they were classed as the home team. Also we have just launched the blue away kit so wanted to show it off.

Thought Nelson was class today. Didn't realise how good his wason his left foot too after he crossed it to Giroud for Iwobis lay off.

Kolasinac is a beast. Such a threat going forward. Going to get a cult following with us and will be a nightmare for opponents.

Roll on tomorrows game.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

what do we even bother, the forum is getting so afwul lately.
we miss the times we a constructed and educated argue could be hold.

giroud the donkey
laca to save us
You have to wait ten full games before you're allowed to comment on a player apparently. :lol:

We might as well lock the Lacazette thread until he's played 900 EPL minutes.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Özil was just as bad. Guess these top guys don't care much when their team is winning 5-2 in a pre season friendly.

Imagine that.
This is true, haha. It takes 5 seconds to see if Mesut cares and he didn't today. Probably somewhere with miss Turkey in his mind.

Tomorrow they'll start, should be fun.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm just talking about his first touch, nothing else.

Too many indirects these days, miss the days when someone would quote/@ you when they disagreed. :rolleyes:

Hardly an indirect. Saw a number of posts, didn't bother quoting anyone as I forgot who made the remarks in the first place and just wanted confirmation. Trust me, I don't do indirects. I would call you out and have a debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom