• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Emirates Cup: Sunday, 30th July 2017, 16:20 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacstud

I didnt get to see any of the game today. I looked at the result, then the line up, and then thought wtf is Wenger doing with Elneny. I could have told him that Elneny at CB was a complete waste of time. It's things like this that still worry me about Wenger. The only thing he has learnt is not to use Elneny at CB again and he needed a whole pre season to find this out. ffs!
Except he played fine. Our pup to his right cost us the first goal and a few possessions.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Except he played fine. Our pup to his right cost us the first goal and a few possessions.

Ha, did he! I'll catch up tomorrow and see. tbh I thought the line up today would have been stronger. I guess we have the Charity shield to put out a proper team.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I actually watch Quest from time to time and I'm someone that doesn't really watch a lot of TV outside of Sport. There's a lot of interesting stuff on it I feel.
Looks like most of their programmes are syndicated but they managed to buy an old 1990s early digi-cam from a jumble sale to cover the Emirates Cup.

Thought I needed glasses at first.

Linson

Bramall - completely lacks confidence. He seemed happy to be a passenger in the game and looked like he didn't want to make a mistake to the point where he didn't want to take risks at all. Little bit disappointed to be honest, he looks like a league 1 player, though obivously we have to give him time to come out of his shell.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Dont fear for me. Fear for us all.

The FA Cup win seems like a year ago now, right? Now we've seen the numbskullery that we're about to witness as the season draws nearer. Dont worry, it'll happen. Same bollocks. Özil coasting through games and getting his arse licked by the same people, disorganisation making our defenders look blind and drunk and embarrassing losses occurring out of the blue throughout the season.

#Wengerin
That's what you hope will happen or the reason for your on-line persona will cease to exist and you'll drown in humble pie as Per lifts the league trophy. :lol:

Last edited:

Bergkamp120

I didnt get to see any of the game today. I looked at the result, then the line up, and then thought wtf is Wenger doing with Elneny. I could have told him that Elneny at CB was a complete waste of time. It's things like this that still worry me about Wenger. The only thing he has learnt is not to use Elneny at CB again and he needed a whole pre season to find this out. ffs!

He was one of our best players today, initiated the goal, made some key clearances, and made a lot of important passes over the top of the defense. But yes, he is not a CB.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's what you hope will happen or the reason for your on-line persona will cease to exist and you'll drown in humble pie as Per lifts the league trophy. :lol:
You cant keep saying that when I and others are right every year.

You are the one that needs to hope to see something different, not me. I know what we'll see.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You cant keep saying that when I and others are right every year.

You are the one that needs to hope to see something different, not me. I know what we'll see.
Nah, I'm not expecting to win the league, remember. But it would be awesome if we did.

Wenger needs a CM though. I keep emailing him.

Bramall - completely lacks confidence. He seemed happy to be a passenger in the game and looked like he didn't want to make a mistake to the point where he didn't want to take risks at all. Little bit disappointed to be honest, he looks like a league 1 player, though obivously we have to give him time to come out of his shell.

He was playing for Hednesford Town a one year ago. Give the guy a little break will ya?

He has talent. He just need to catch up where he is now, playing football at highest level. Hopefully when that gets to him he will get more confidence. But he will only get confidence by playing and manager and the fans having a little faith and patience with him.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Brammal had a moment in the match where he accelerated past the Sevilla right back...skinned him like he wasn't there. He needs more of that...more confidence to do that.

GoonerBoy19

With Sanchez and Özil contract situation and watching the rest of this squad, I truly worry about this club. This season could end up worse than last.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Spoken like a legit fat boy with mad cake knowledge. Im 5ft 11 & 3/4" and 13.5 stone. Solid cardio too. The only gassing that's likely to happen is gas leaving your batty hole when you see me.
We're literally the exact same height and almost identical in weight too. What are the chances?:lol:

Funny enough I weighed about 13.3 stone before I started this cut but I'll be down to about 12.6 by the end of august, maybe less.

Regardless, I'm all muscle fat man. It's peak if I ever see you on road.

P.s. Who uses stone anymore, I had to go to google converter. I won't do that again.

Linson

He was playing for Hednesford Town a one year ago. Give the guy a little break will ya?

He has talent. He just need to catch up where he is now, playing football at highest level. Hopefully when that gets to him he will get more confidence. But he will only get confidence by playing and manager and the fans having a little faith and patience with him.

I specifically said at the end of my post that we need to give him time. I'm still allowed to have an opinion on him now and what he needs to do to move forward. My criticism wasn't meant to be negative. If he was a world beater I'd have said that as well but for me, at this moment in time, he's not ready for first team football.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Would have been a 10-8 round to Harry, but Ben Yedder got a late stoppage.
Hehe. Calling this now: Sevilla will fail to get through the playoff round in a couple weeks and the Arsenal backlash against Ben Yedder will be glorious.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Some worrying moments defensively. Didn't look convincing. Happy to let it slip if we are good going into the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom