• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Well, Vinai has been asked to step down, the poor lump. He probably found out about the announcement from Twitter.

Twitter would mean he's actually clued into what's going on. He probably was informed by his Deliveroo guy bringing his pizza. Hopefully, he was a fellow Arsenal fan & gave him a few choice words before handing over the four-cheese & mushroom :lol:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I think there is a real possibility that the Kroenkes might look to sell because they are realizing that an EPL team isn't just guaranteed profit in the same way that American sports are.

When Wenger ran the club we had a financial stability that made Arsenal appear to be a smart investment. The Kroenkes want to make money more than they want to win, and now they are probably losing money.

The Super League was essentially an attempt to make an American sports league in Europe. Guaranteed money regardless of whether you win or lose. This monstrosity was a logical idea for Stan and Josh Kroenke because it is exactly how American sports work. In no way did they anticipate any push back, and I bet they assumed that the fans would rejoice at having a second competition where they could watch the best teams play. This is just how America views sports, so I'm sure they were shocked when Europe understood the Super League to be both the antithesis and destruction of sport.

Arsenal is probably becoming too big of a headache for Stan and Josh. They are probably struggling to figure out how to make it as profitable as they would like, and it might be the right time to cash out. It will be easier to focus on their American teams who exist without relegation and you can still make a massive profit despite being the worst team in the league.

In America they can be incompetent owners and still be considered successful. Having to be consistently competent just isn't something they've ever had to be as team owners.
Profit isn't as big a deal for Kroenke as you might think. He has Arsenal and these other sports clubs etc.. in his portfolio for collateral as much as anything else. He took out a 500million quid loan from Deutsche Bank to buy us, stuff like that is guaranteed based on the assets Kroenke owns.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Not sure it is good if Flamster buys us, he'll demand the number 10 shirt and demand to be in the team for 90 minutes.
his company is based in Italy, I believe, so investing there would probably make more sense, should he ever be tempted

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Vinai's the only one to lose his job over this at Arsenal, then that's pure racism.

I would rather everyone else on our board **** off, and Vinai stay...as quite frankly the little guy is harmless, I don't think he does much anyway.

While Stan has killed the club, Edu handed us over to Kia...and what in the blue hell is the point in that great redwood of a whore, Josh?

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Profit isn't as big a deal for Kroenke as you might think. He has Arsenal and these other sports clubs etc.. in his portfolio for collateral as much as anything else. He took out a 500million quid loan from Deutsche Bank to buy us, stuff like that is guaranteed based on the assets Kroenke owns.
Yeah, but collateral for American teams that are guaranteed money vs. Arsenal where you need to be successful to turn a significant profit are two completely different things. If you have an asset in your portfolio that is dragging down the value of your portfolio then it would makes sense to try to find the right time to sell that asset.

The Kroenke family doesn't need the money. They aren't going to go broke, but if Arsenal starts becoming an asset of questionable financial value, they'll sell. I'm guessing that not being in the Champions League has made them seriously thinking about selling, thus the creation of a Super League to generate the money they feel they need for the asset to retain its desired value.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...great debate going on here.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I wish I could share the optimism that he is on his way out, but I just can't the see it. Unless our lad from Nigeria puts in a mega bid, Stan the Man will happy let us float around in obscurity.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I wish I could be bothered to go find my posts from 7/8 years ago. EVERYTHING I said has come to fruition.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom