• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It would take something even more massive than what happened today to get him to sell.

Yeah, you can get 60k people screaming Kroenke out from outside the Emirates on Friday, and I hope we do get some buzz there, but fan optics would only affect this if the club starts tanking in valuation and it impacts Kroenke's ability to secure more funding using Arsenal as escrow.

Short of a goverment and public led intervention on the ownership system, I do not see this changing.

The last few days have shown what little outlets there are for fans to show their disapproval.

You had Leeds fans having to resort to chasing Liverpool’s team coach when going by their players reactions today have come out looking like real stand up people when it benefitted them to stay silent.

Players and managers are blameless in these scenarios. The owners and board members are faceless and don’t have to communicate with us plebs.

Clubs need fan ownership, there needs to be a fan representative on every board in the country. They need to be held account for their actions and be told what we think and it’s the only way.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Since kroenke took over he’s given us a 250 mill loan and spent 50 M straight up for partey (in a pandemic mind). Was getting us aouar as well if it werent for his agent. All of the teams he own are young and exciting, idiotic to want someone like dangote who hadn’t a clue how to run a team.

The rhetoric that we’re broke is hilarious to me as well, we’re strapped with the super league or not.
A loan which we pay back with interest compared to the 1.3bn gift Chelsea got from Abramovich. I'll take the latter.His 50m spend equates to 5m per year since he got here. Our team is not especially young and the Hale Enders aside, there's nothing to be excited about. Dangote may not have a clue how to run a football club but I trust almost anyone else to do a better job than Kroenke-a guy who doesn't know the game the rules or which colour shirt we wear. We're broke because he hired charlatans and incompetents who spent every penny Wenger so fastidiously saved for our now non existent bright future.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The last few days have shown what little outlets there are for fans to show their disapproval.

You had Leeds fans having to resort to chasing Liverpool’s coach who going by their players reactions today have come out looking like real stand up people when it benefitted them to stay silent.

Players and managers are blameless in these scenarios. The owners and board members are faceless and don’t have to communicate with us plebs.

Clubs need fan ownership, there needs to be a fan representative on every board in the country. They need to be held account for their actions and be told what we think and it’s the only way.
I think Barca have a kind of fan ownership don't they? The mess that they are in shows the fans make no difference to the day to day running of a club.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think Barca have a kind of fan ownership don't they? The mess that they are in shows the fans make no difference to the day to day running of a club.

Kind of. They have elections to choose the president and then he picks the board.

They have no say in the running of the club beyond electing a president. There needs to be a split ownership with actual voting powers for a fan representative.

If it’s true that all the boards were split on the ESL a fan vote could’ve been the casting one. I don’t know if the Bundesliga teams were able to gauge their fan reactions against it but I wouldn’t be surprised.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

They haven't back down yet, but they still hold elections for president and they still are going to put this to a vote. It matters.

Presidents can still be voted out. Change can still happen.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not the whole time, but he hasn't invested at all since they dropped out of the CL and based on old Gazidis quotes going around this has been in the pipeline since 2018.

Been his end game all along, that’s why he sat there smug and didn’t give a rats about investing or how the Ckub has been run.
Completely underestimated him , been his plan the whole time.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Feels like a now or never moment.

Post COVID fans have an incredible amount of power and the club will be desperate for every penny.

You love Arsenal that much? Then don’t attend games next season.
But who will get that message out there?

balthazar

Big 6 owner asks while watching a game in the director's box "Which team are we?" Definitely Kroenke.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is the 50+1 model in Germany government legislated, or is it legislated from the league? I'd love to think the government could introduce such legislation but i'm guessing that's unrealistic. The horse bolted years ago, I guess the only two outcomes are that Kroenke stays or he sells to some other billionaire, who may invest more, but essentially the problem remains of billionaires being incapable of acting with a moral compass.

Like so Dangote is an Arsenal fan? Big whoop, he'd invest more, but it's not good long-term governance, at some point it'd go tits ups. The only way to ensure good long-term governance is for fans to have a degree of control.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we'll see him leave, Arsenal will still make him big money in the future. I think one of the only ways to get him to put us up for sale is if fans don't go to games, I'm talking absolutely no one.

However that will never ever happen unfortunately and the ramifications on the team are huge.

Awful situation.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think what's more interesting, is the fans of City, Chelsea and Liverpool, maybe even Sp**s.

Everyone knows us and United want the owners out but that was long before this, wonder if the other clubs do since I am sure both Chelsea and City love the money they fund and what they do at the club, how about now?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Is the 50+1 model in Germany government legislated, or is it legislated from the league? I'd love to think the government could introduce such legislation but i'm guessing that's unrealistic. The horse bolted years ago, I guess the only two outcomes are that Kroenke stays or he sells to some other billionaire, who may invest more, but essentially the problem remains of billionaires being incapable of acting with a moral compass.

Like so Dangote is an Arsenal fan? Big whoop, he'd invest more, but it's not good long-term governance, at some point it'd go tits ups. The only way to ensure good long-term governance is for fans to have a degree of control.
The UK parliament could of course legislate on the matter. It would then probably be open for legal challenges given that it impacts the ownership and property rights of individuals and companies. I am fully in favor of this.

I would love to see Kroenke sell the club as he is a terrible owner. But having him replaced with a Middle Eastern state or Russian oligarch would be worse. We would be better on the pitch, as they fork out more money, but our ownership would be even more repugnant than it is now.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think what's more interesting, is the fans of City, Chelsea and Liverpool, maybe even Sp**s.

Everyone knows us and United want the owners out but that was long before this, wonder if the other clubs do since I am sure both Chelsea and City love the money they fund and what they do at the club, how about now?

No chance the plastics wants their owners out. They might even say it, buy they won't actually want it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom