• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Fighting **** & Glory Glory Go Into Meltdown

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
1-0

Gabriel pk incident

1-1

2-1

2-2

3-2
Oh Yeah Love GIF by The Lonely Island

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

"It is crazy though. It’s not like Woolwich play amazing football. They scramble well enough and it’s a collection of penalties, red cards and VAR decisions that they seem to squeeze out."

Christ talk about pot calling the kettle black. They've been playing sh*t all season and they have the audacity to question how we play?

TornadoTed

Established Member
Another good one,

'**** that, I'll write them off, absolutely no chance they win the league even with an obscene level of outside help, and if they finish above us then I'm 100% certain it will be down to our own underachievement rather than them being anything special...

They might get Top 4, but that depends on how long they can maintain their lucky streak before the wheels fall off, and how spectacularly it happens when they do fall off.'

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Another good one,

'**** that, I'll write them off, absolutely no chance they win the league even with an obscene level of outside help, and if they finish above us then I'm 100% certain it will be down to our own underachievement rather than them being anything special...

They might get Top 4, but that depends on how long they can maintain their lucky streak before the wheels fall off, and how spectacularly it happens when they do fall off.'

I've read the same exact hopium when Liverpool started to ascend.

They all feel it and are at a denial stage.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Another good one,

So now them finishing above us is the standard, like its always happened in history. :lol:

Sometimes I did wonder about them lot.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Another good one,

zero self-awerness among these lot.

"before the wheels come off" signed a supporter of a club who look like the wheels could come off every game with dreadful football and at most 1 or 2 convincing wins the entire season.

Melquiades

zero self-awerness among these lot.

"before the wheels come off" signed a supporter of a club who look like the wheels could come off every game with dreadful football and at most 1 or 2 convincing wins the entire season.

Imagine being a fan of a team whose entire strategy is to get battered and hope they can hit on the counter and get points (like the result they fluked earlier this year at Chelsea) calling it luck when another team wins by decisively outplaying the opposition in basically every game.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I read an interesting comment by a Sp**s fan saying that opposition fans just don't 'get' Sp**s or understand the way they play at all. He claimed that although they allow a high number of chances against them they are of very low quality and allow very few high quality chances. He gave the impression that their game plan is to limit opposition teams to lots of 'pot shots' from 25-30 yards.

Anyone care to provide stats that backup or refute this claim or point me to somewhere where I could find the relevant stats for myself.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
@Dokaka has great takes on arsenal to be fair. Haven’t seen him in a while - does he only post here when the spam are losing?

Not really much to discuss right now tbh, you lot are on fire and the most active thread is ostensibly just a coping room for the anti-Arteta people coming to terms with the fact that he might not be completely useless. I did post in the Pool match thread FWIW.

A poster actually summarized the situation quite well in the Bodø/Glimt match thread by calling it "another boring win", but in a positive sense. You lot are playing so well that winning games against lesser teams has become boring, which hasn't happened since the Wenger days.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not really much to discuss right now tbh, you lot are on fire and the most active thread is ostensibly just a coping room for the anti-Arteta people coming to terms with the fact that he might not be completely useless. I did post in the Pool match thread FWIW.

A poster actually summarized the situation quite well in the Bodø/Glimt match thread by calling it "another boring win", but in a positive sense. You lot are playing so well that winning games against lesser teams has become boring, which hasn't happened since the Wenger days.
You fight the good fight in the Arteta thread. I myself am banned from it for trying to be funny... :( Should have known that was the wrong take... Views on what is humorous is like our backsides, split!

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Another good one,

Older post, but pretty much. Even if they keep it up, City and Liverpool's advent and point totals basically made it necessary to be good in ALL phases of play to have a shot at the league title.

It might still get you every other trophy (as proven in the CL the past few years), but over an entire league season you can forget it.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I stick by those rankings honestly, reading them again I agree completely.

Conté since picking up Tottenham has 69 pts in 33 games, Arteta in that period has 64, with what, if we’re honest, has been an inferior squad (majority of those games with elneny xhaka Ødegaard Martinelli laca/ nketiah saka compared to Hojberg Bentancur Son Kane Kulu).

65.29 to 62.37 xG since I know you all love it 😬
@Sp**s' Forum: your manager is ****.

Typically brilliant @Kav red card here 🤪

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Oxeki to The Fighting **** asap!!
0-1
Terrible goalkeeping!!! I’ve always thought this keeper was a massive weak link even when Bielsa was there. I know he’s young which might by why but he’s very bad and to think we were linked to him in the summer is terrifying.

I don’t see Leeds getting anything out of this game now as Woolwich will sit in and play on the counter. That goal came totally against the run of play, I thought Leeds were the better side without actually having a guilt edge chance.

FFS Leeds aren't getting anything from this.

They flood forward but no one gets in any kind of good position in space so they're just shooting from long.

Going to get hit on the counter soon as well.

They’ve been so good at pressing and winning the ball off Woolwich (also they’ve played through and around their press well) but as soon as they get into advanced area they slow down or just rush the shot/pass and it has nothing to do with good defensive play by the ****

Woolwich are getting everything their way this season. I can't wait until it turns around and they collapse.

Bamford pen

Leeds pen!

Oliver really didn't want to give it.

Pen miss
Ref not interested in giving anything against the **** all game.

You ******! Awful pen

Woolwich players trying to put bamford off

scummy ****s

Literally everything is falling Woolwich's way this year. What a joke.

Oh **** off

**** sake.

What a ****

Is there anything that isn't going against Woolwich this season.

It's unbelievable, officials, decisions, fixtures, postponements and rearrangements in their favour.

Someone is looking after them.

What is it they say about grinding out results even when you're not playing well?

Not a good sign at all if they hold on.

How the **** these ****s have won 9 from 10 is a bloody joke

They'll just get the "winning when you're not playing well = champs" treatment from the media; LegoMan will praise their spirit and it'll be business a usual.

Haven't been watching, but what have they done other than presumably press a bit?

There isn’t a team in league history which hasn’t had a tough away game where some solid mid-table outfit is on top for periods but loses.

Happens to us all of the time.

Woolwich have been lucky with fixtures this season in terms of being able to play their best XI every week and only having 1 real away match (which they lost).

Second half of the season will be much more difficult and they will collapse.

I'm honestly starting to suspect that they're massively bribing the league and match officials union. They're getting massively soft or favorable calls every week!

Can't believe that **** for Leeds missed a penalty. Woolwich got those Leicester vibes right now, everything going for these ****s at the minute.

Gabriel-Bamford incidence

Surely, they can't **** this up?

get in, pls score you ****s

PEN!!!! Come on!!!!!!

Bahahahaha

Don’t **** this up!!!!!

OH MY GOD

SMASH. IT. DOWN. THE. MIDDLE.

VAR overrules
hmmm that's not a pen.

Of course no pen

Woolwich def have Jesus on their side

Weak link Gabriel, absolute bozo

Why is the red card rescinded?

****s get away with it again, unbelievable.

I’m all for Woolwich getting screwed over and would’ve loved the pen to stand, but that wasn’t a pen tbf.

what did they get away with exactly?? that one wasn't a pen.

Not in a long time have I seen everything go one teams way than in this game. From Saka's goal, to Bamfords ridiculousldisallowed goal, to the penalty miss etc.

**** that ****!!!!

Crazy crazy bollocks.... VAR takes centre stage again!

****s sake.

Ironically, the only team who look capable of beating them right now they managed to cancel!

They wil ALWAYS be Lucky LUCKY ArseAnal... How can those ****s sleep at night?!

Absolutely unbelievable the "good fortune" being given to Woolwich.

They're also one of the only teams to have every midweek game at home so they don't ever have to play away under lights - because we know they fold like a cheap suit when that happens.

Woolwich are packed with super snidy little ****s

Impossible to have Woolwich's good fortune all season,fake red cards, missed pens, goalkeeping Howlers, playing a well known rapist and not facing any reproductions, no injuries to their forwards, kind home fixtures etc etc etc

It will come back around post world cup

That result shows either one of two things:

They're getting results despite not playing well (Which is a sign of champions)

or

Teams will start taking the game to them making things more difficult and they drop off.

Dunno about laugh, it's more like cry at gooners today. Totally outplayed by a ludicrously wasteful Leeds in the 2nd half, conceded one penalty that Bamford put wide, conceded another penalty and red card in injury time only for VAR to (probably quite rightly to be fair) undo both decisions,

Anyone who didn't watch it might have thought they 'ground out a result' today - far from it, if Leeds could actually finish even a fraction of what they created they'd have won today. Woolwich defending was shocking - let's hope the luck (and opponents who can't finish) run out very soon...

its funny best season start we havey, Woolwich keep winning

we sniff at the title, leicester have a miracle season,

we get our best points total at the end of a season 86 which would win the title most season, chelsea finished higher

its like the footballing gods dont want us winning stuff

These bunch of ****s are setting themselves up nicely for top 4 at this rate. Call it luck but they have points on the board.

Fourth place is going to be a proper fight.

We need to stay nicely ahead of that chasing pack.

Leicester did it with other teams struggling. This Season the top teams will not struggle so no way Woolwich finish top.

Woolwich will finish fourth.

Top Bottom