• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The highs and lows of Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floating

Established Member
Re: Ramsey-Wilshere: On their way to world class

Unnecessary thread. Let's wait until they've both been this good for at least a full season or two.

Buhry

Established Member

Bit early to make a thread like this especially for Wilshere... Ramsey has been world class so far this season though with the exception the Dortmund home game and United.

Wilshere certainly looked like a world class talent before his injury, looked like one of the top players of his generation along with Neymar and Götze then. He is very naturally gifted but he still has a long way to go, still gives away the ball too much and his passing can be sloppy. Great game today though and he's been getting better and better.

Still I'll hold off on the world class callouts untill the end of the season, still got a long way to go and big games coming up. The best players perform in the biggest games.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

They're as on their way as they've ever been. Some might say one or both of them are already there based on some of their performances over the years. I wouldn't bother arguing with anyone that wanted to make that claim right now.

Would they look out of place in any team I can think of? Probably not.

alboots101

Established Member

They were very good tonight but I`m with you Burhy, it`s way too early call.

VAVAVOOM 14

a_fourteen said:
These two will be Wenger's greatest accomplishment and lasting legacy to Arsenal.

What?........

Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires.

His lasting legacy will be 'The Invincibles' and his footballing philosophy.

The Sleeper

With these two in this spectacular form, I'd push Özil out to a flank for now, so they can run rampant through the middle with Flamini or Arteta covering them. Will also be a defensively stronger midfield. Özil, Santi and Theo can fight it out for the flank positions, also The Ox and Poldi when they return. Poldi can also fight for Giroud's spot, as Bendtner isn't providing enough competition (so far).

The Sleeper

Sydney Gooner said:
Two words: Cleverley Fellaini

Ramsey started on the right, and Wilshere didn't start. Midfield was Arteta, Flamster and Özil.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

The Sleeper said:
Sydney Gooner said:
Two words: Cleverley Fellaini

Ramsey started on the right, and Wilshere didn't start. Midfield was Arteta, Flamster and Özil.

I don't even know what he meant by that post. I thought, and I still think he was taking the piss. Surely? Needs clearing up, Sydney!

mo50

Established Member

It sounded to me like Sydney was highlighting how **** United's future in midfield looks in comparison.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

A good game for Wilshere and a great season start for Ramsey but it's about consistency throughout a season. I do think if Wenger stays though, that both can push onto that level. Players under his systems and guidance go far beyond what people thought they could ever be. Henry and Vieira are 2 dropout examples of this.

a_fourteen said:
These two will be Wenger's greatest accomplishment and lasting legacy to Arsenal.

A bit new to Arsenal and Wenger right? :lol:

musicmonkey

Established Member

Big question is who's going to slot in where especially given Wenger's said he sees Wilshere deeper. Only way that works is dropping a DM and him playing alongside Ramsey but it's going to be a little while till we get to that as they'd have to work on defending together and picking runs. Could Wilshere take Arteta/Flamini's role?

I think Wenger's trying to craft a dynamic three midfield with Ramsey and Wilshere sharing the defensive load with possession patching up the weaknesses.

Ramsey -- Wilshere
------Özil

That's unless he's going to keep using Wilshere wider and buy a DM. Could he take Cazorla's quasi wide midfielder role in the future?

Tough decisions ahead, i'd want a DM brought in but then it'd depend how well Wilshere could grow into a wide role, hopefully he'll develop how well he did at running into the channels to give us more balance and someone to play off the striker.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I really want this midfield to work but I cant see it working, Wilshere/Özil lack the skillset to play the Arteta role and if Wenger make Ramsey play the holding midfield role then he loses Ramsey's offensive ability

Ramsey can play - CM, CDM, RW, CAM
Özil - CAM, RW, SS
Wilshere - CM, CAM,RW
Wenger will have to rotate

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I too think this thread is a bit premature, but I do think it is great that Wilshere is obviously trying to take his level up a notch due to Ramsey's performances.

It is great having two young players increase their performance levels due to some friendly competition that in the end benefits the team.

Pires7_Legend

Wont be surprised if Wenger will try to play Walcott as striker soon to rotate with Giroud.

Maybe:

-----Arteta----Ramsey-----
Wilshere---Özil---Cazorla
----------Walcott---------

Likes of Pogba instead of Arteta in the future.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Gif.gif

Safe to say Ramsey has developed some world class reputation. Look at the keeper's reaction to him running towards him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom