• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The highs and lows of Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBump

I don't rate Ramsey high at all.
My eyebrows did jump though in his purple patch, but I could still remember the frustration of him before that and what he's reverted back to.
The guy seems like a lovely chap and he does run around quite a bit but I find his actual play very jarring.

I'd be very interested to see his career stats without THAT 5 months....

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd be shocked if he didn't come back into the centre at least for the Chelsea game.

MrBump

Prepare to be shocked.
I think Wenger knows Cazorla is better in the middle. He just can't face the prospect of leaving Ramsey out, just stick him out wide.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ramsey was awful again yesterday (even prior to the sending off), yet he seems to escape criticism on here despite being poorer than other heavily critised players.

Bobby the no1 gooner

Ya'll need Jesus
I'm a fan of Ramsey and like his drive even in bad form but lately he looks lost to me. He has become the latest casualty of Wenger's ''let's play all the technical midfielders'' obsession. Cazorla, Özil are great players but both only excel in advanced midfield positions where they can dictate the tempo of the game and provide assists.

Ramsey is needed in there to provide the balance and he seems to need consistency in being picked centrally to hone in on what he does best. Coq, Ramsey and Özil in the middle is a must for me and it drives me mad to see the boss consistently ignoring that potential. In a nutshell, Cazorla should be rotating with Özil and Ramsey, Jack and Rosicky should be the options next to the defensive midfielder. That gives us a bit of bite as well as the technical influence.

nguwanyana01

110% effort. 8/10 shooting. Unfortunately that's all there is to Ramsey. He's got the touch of a rapist, can't control the ball to save his life. Passes woble all over the place. If you field a good team around him he will easily score 15 goals or more every season. Whether that's enough to justify playing such an inept player is another matter. He is a bit like frank lampard.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
He disappeared for about 20 minutes of the second half. But so did everyone else. I've been critical of Ramsey so far this season but he was great today. His best performance yet. Did everything to drive our attack forward. Still needs to work on his shooting and first touch but the quicker he get's back to CM next to Coquelin, the quicker he will get back to his usual self.

Please don't shove him back out onto the wing this Saturday Wenger. Cazorla has been poor recently. Ramsey deserves a shot back in his normal position!

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
consistency is the key with him, his curve is only going up as consistent gametime gets in his back.
We are so lucky to have him.

cannonade

Established Member
Flamster's goals were the kind Ramsey used to score, in his better days. Hope he regains that form sometime very soon. Since our strikers can't score we need him to.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
110% effort. 8/10 shooting. Unfortunately that's all there is to Ramsey. He's got the touch of a rapist, can't control the ball to save his life. Passes woble all over the place. If you field a good team around him he will easily score 15 goals or more every season. Whether that's enough to justify playing such an inept player is another matter. He is a bit like frank lampard.

What game were you watching? Ramsey was very good tonight obviously still not back to his best but tonight HD offered creativity, created and exploited space and as usual worked hard. Get behind the team and stop whining about nonsense.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He did well enough today, but he isn't a no.10. He needs someone to pick out his runs, rather than the other way around. Played some beautiful through balls, though, which showed his quality.

I'm a big fan of his and I concur he hasn't been at his best, but he won't be until he gets the right platform to perform: in the middle next to Le Coq. Sick of seeing him wasted in unnatural positions.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
I think even Arsène has lost faith in his at CM. Outwide, attacking midfield, like Wengers playing him in nearly every position other than his actual position.

JENSON_GUNNER

Needs to keep it up, did well tonight. Desperate to score, so ends up trying to hard and missing. Goals will come again, seems like his flair game is back.

Bould14

If he wants to be a CM focus less on the scoring, and more on the defensive duties. The guy is one of the best if his mind is right.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Such a strong player on the ball. Full of confidence. Everytime he is in a tight situation with a ball in his feet, I am confident he will make best out of it.
As everyone, cant wait until he stops being obsessed with goals and plays as a CM, and them everything will happen itself

But its going that way. People want everything right away, bit nothing works like that

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just shows how people's perceptions differ. He created excellent chances on the night, was involved in the build up to the goals, made a few brilliant defensive contributions that resulted in us breaking, genuinely feel a few more games there and we will see the best of him.

I'd happily play him Coquelin and Cazorla, once they return, together for the rest of the season. Great balance. As for the Frank Lampard comparison he offers more than Frank offensively and defensively but still here we are talking about one of the all time great Premier League midfielders and a European Cup winner as if it is a derogatory comparison. I'm sure Ramsey and Arsenal fans will be happy if Aaron has half the success Lampard has.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Flamster's goals were the kind Ramsey used to score, in his better days. Hope he regains that form sometime very soon. Since our strikers can't score we need him to.
For about three months in his whole Arsenal career.

I really like this guy but I think he doesn't know where his strengths lie. He needs to understand that his strength is the engine he possesses and try to use that to help the team. No point trying to impress with goals and end up looking like a right plonker.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Just shows how people's perceptions differ. He created excellent chances on the night, was involved in the build up to the goals, made a few brilliant defensive contributions that resulted in us breaking, genuinely feel a few more games there and we will see the best of him.

I'd happily play him Coquelin and Cazorla, once they return, together for the rest of the season. Great balance. As for the Frank Lampard comparison he offers more than Frank offensively and defensively but still here we are talking about one of the all time great Premier League midfielders and a European Cup winner as if it is a derogatory comparison. I'm sure Ramsey and Arsenal fans will be happy if Aaron has half the success Lampard has.

Where does Özil fit into that midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom