• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The highs and lows of Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Ramsey isnt even getting as much stick as Theo! Go look at Walcott's thread and there's people calling for him to be sold every other post for christ sake.

All the added pages are because he's not performing to the level we know he's capable of and hasn't for a while now, save a few great performances here and there.

There's a fair few people who are having worse seasons than him, but I'm expecting a lot better from Ramsey. Will Coquelin coming back change his fortunes in the middle? I hope so, but I don't think it's as simple as that. Needs to keep working on his own game first.

Maxim

Yes. Walcott thread, Ox thread, Giroud thread many times.

Sneaky title change. To be fair though, Theo has been in legitimately terrible form for a while now (my personal opinion is because he's playing in a new position too) whilst Ramsey has been playing far FAR better and still gets **** on.

blaze_of_glory

Sneaky title change. To be fair though, Theo has been in legitimately terrible form for a while now (my personal opinion is because he's playing in a new position too) whilst Ramsey has been playing far FAR better and still gets **** on.
I agree he's out-performing Theo, but Theo has been very bad lately. Their respective thread titles are reflective of where they're both at right now I think.

I think it pretty fair to say Ramsey is struggling by the standards he's set for himself over the past two years. It may not all be down to him, and he will likely get back on track, but he's not having the best time right now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What is it with these thread titles anyway? Let posters decide whether he's 'struggling' or not with a title that invites that sort of discussion, not one that kicks your door off and sticks a gun up your fecking nose! No offence, but it's clumsy at best.

WhatAFC

How has he NOT been singled out?

There's been about 10 additional pages of criticism and a change in the title to "Aaron Ramsey is struggling" since the Chelsea game, in which he was one of our better players.

Has the same happened in the others? No, there's been barely a page or two added to the other threads. This forum is incredibly biased against Ramsey. You're spot on @bingobob
Because being singled out means that he's the only one getting any stick. I just rattled off a few names that have been getting it just as bad and a lot worse.

Hell, there was new thread created about giroud and it was 20+ pages in a few days with people saying he's not good enough, he's a donkey etc.

Ramsey set the standard for himself
In that standout season, hes not near that level and hasn't been for some time. So by that standard he is very much struggling to reach those levels.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What is it with these thread titles anyway? Let posters decide whether he's 'struggling' or not with a title that invites that sort of discussion, not one that kicks your door off and sticks a gun up your fecking nose! No offence, but it's clumsy at best.
We need @a_fourteen back, he always came out with quality thread titles.

blaze_of_glory

It's provocative! To provoke discussion.

But I suppose we changed the Ox thread after some backlash... I'll think about it.

Maxim

I agree he's out-performing Theo, but Theo has been very bad lately. Their respective thread titles are reflective of where they're both at right now I think.

I think it pretty fair to say Ramsey is struggling by the standards he's set for himself over the past two years. It may not all be down to him, and he will likely get back on track, but he's not having the best time right now.

I disagree that he's struggling, completely disagree. I think the team is struggling, and we are all painfully aware of how the midfield pairing isn't working at all but I think he's playing well. Granted he has several levels above the performances he's putting out now but I think to describe him as struggling is harsh.

And many of the posts in this thread aren't "he is struggling to perform to his own standards" but "he's awful, needs benching, etc". I don't think there's any comparison to be made in the performances of theo and Ramsey imo.

blaze_of_glory

Also, we try not to have general player threads like there were in the lobby. That's why there' not just Aaron Ramsey thread, Mesut Özil thread, etc.

We want them to have an angle of some sort to guide the discussion. There's always going to be disagreement though. Nothing wrong with saying you disagree he's struggling, for example. That's part of the discussion.

But maybe we can come up with something else here. I'm not married to the title or anything.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Also, we try not to have general player threads like there were in the lobby. That's why there' not just Aaron Ramsey thread, Mesut Özil thread, etc.

We want them to have an angle of some sort to guide the discussion. There's always going to be disagreement though. Nothing wrong with saying you disagree he's struggling, for example. That's part of the discussion.

But maybe we can come up with something else here. I'm not married to the title or anything.

We should keep the place tags as neutral as possible, but again this is just my opinion. I dont feel the forum needs an editorial line, maybe im wrong.

blaze_of_glory

We should keep the place tags as neutral as possible, but again this is just my opinion. I dont feel the forum needs an editorial line, maybe im wrong.
Naw, too general and the threads just go on forever and ever (which they too often do anyway and we should probably keep a tighter watch on that).
Nope. He was struggling before which means he had highs and lows. Different words, but the same meaning still.

Well too bad. I"m not making it the Aaron Ramsey can do no wrong thread. This is what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom