The 'Holy smokes, I can't believe he still plays' thread

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Mark Tobias, Feb 11, 2019 at 2:21 PM.

?

Which position does age tend to better

1. GK

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. Central Defender

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Up and down the wing

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Attacking Midfield

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Striker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bench

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Manager

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Harsh, but.. I would have thought you don't go from assisting RVP via lobbed overhead through balls to dogsh!t overnight.. Then you posted this and reminded me of the possibility.

2. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Gareth Barry

Started playing first team football in last century, still playing and it seems he has no intention of giving up.

It reminded me of few years ago, when he played at West Ham, they surprised and to everyone's joy, they smashed Sp*rs apart in a thrilling 3-0 win. Ravel was a MOTM and the English media were in flurry to call for his first English cap.
    Soon after he started to stink the place up and was promptly sold.

@Dokaka can shed more details on Ravel's tenure at Hammers.

3. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Ashley Young, although I'm maybe not surprised he's still playing at all (Even though he is 33 now) I'm absolutley baffled that he's still playing for Man Utd! He even got his contract extended recently which just dumbfounds me.

Ricardinho and krackpot like this.
  4. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Opta Loyalist

The well-traveled and well-worn Ricardo Oliveira. He'll be 39 in a few months and is still going strong for Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro. I've been watching him in the Copa Libertadores qualifiers. Had a first-half brace Tuesday against Danubio to put Mineiro into the final round of qualifying.