• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"The Huddle" at Brittania

TakeChillPill

Established Member
MAK 14 said:
Walcott was incredibly happy that we got the win and he was showing emotion - I don't see anything at all that is wrong with that. There were also other players smiling and being happy because we beat a team who are incredibly hard to beat at home.

i agree there was nothing wrong with it...very proud of the team!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
true MAK - Cesc, Nasri, Manny, Sol, etc. were all smiling at the final whistle, congratulating each other before the huddle..

Accomplished

Established Member
gallas was actually pretty good at that sort of thing, he gets remembered as a whiner but before everyone game he was getting every psyched up and screaming at people....I never really understood the vitriol against him from some people on here...

True Gooner

Established Member
I don't mind Gallas. Not a captain but that doesn't mean he can't help to inspire the team.

Hopefully the likes of Gallas, Campbell, Sagna, Clichy, Fabregas, Rosicky, Eduardo and even Silvestre can use their experience to settle and focus the squad for the next 10 games. We've got a great chance and while last night was the moment many people will use as a turning point I think we've shown a lot of character (as a team) this season.

scruzgooner

i rewatched from the tackle this morning, and it looked like clichy came up to cesc after the game and suggested the huddle. cesc was looking around happy, then gael came to him, said something and they both started waving to and calling to their teammates to get in.

proud of both of them.

CKD39

Established Member
TakeChillPill said:
The huddle wasn't a celebration, it was the fact that we came through a war against stoke where one of our men got seriously injured...it was a a show of mental strenght, team unity and spirit....furthermore that we mean business....unfortunately theo didnt get the script and it was rather bizarre watching everyone look pumped with testosterone and him simling jumping up and down like a bunny lol

Finally someone with sense.

ibby

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Didn't Gallas organise team huddles when he was captain? :whistling
Before the Chelsea game was a particularly memorable one because Gallas and Toure were both fighting for the limelight.

True Gooner

Established Member
CKD39 said:
TakeChillPill said:
The huddle wasn't a celebration, it was the fact that we came through a war against stoke where one of our men got seriously injured...it was a a show of mental strenght, team unity and spirit....furthermore that we mean business....unfortunately theo didnt get the script and it was rather bizarre watching everyone look pumped with testosterone and him simling jumping up and down like a bunny lol

No, because a picture in isolation doesn't accurately reflect the attitude of a player. See Fabregas vs Hull last season.

Furthermore, from the angle of the shot and the fact that everyone's head is turned towards him it seems like someone was directing a comment at him or Theo himself was making a point.

I can't believe I bothered responding to you. As you were.

qs

Established Member
TakeChillPill said:

What complete and utter rubbish.

giuliob

The huddle choked me up.
I remember someone yelling for Bendtner to join, I think it was Theo. And Sol turning and yelling to Bendy also. Then the TV switched to something else.

A truly special Arsenal moment.

taylor314gh

hopefully this is a rebirth of the us vs. the world mentality that brought us success in the past. Who cares if they hate us, we will fight on. We broke down after edu's injury, hopefully this will solidify our resolve as a team.

Get well soon Aaron

viper_001

Established Member
:lol: We should listen to CKD39, he's a master of huddle etiquette.

Seriously, no matter the situation someone always has something to complain about...

AliBabaBrewer

CKD39 said:
Did anyone see Walcott in the huddle?

ddjbee-1.jpg

Look at him.

It's like spotting the odd one out.
CKD39 said:
TakeChillPill said:

I'm confused, I'm not sure I get your point, or what your opinion of this whole thing is?

Are you suggesting that Walcott didn't take it seriously? That in the face of Ramsey getting injured, he did not care as much as the others, that he laughed it off, and remained light hearted whilst the others were heavy hearted?

Or that he simply photographed out of context in the situation, where there were things being said to him that we have no knowledge of?

otfgoon

Established Member
CKD39 said:

I thought you were not implying anything and it was just an innocent comment? Feeling brave enough to go back to your original argument now that someone agrees with you? :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom