• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"The Huddle" at Brittania

IBL

Established Member
I saw a rerun of the match yesterday and just wanted to note not only Clichy's overall performance but also the way he rallied the players after the injury, showed great maturity and leadership to refocus everyone and then lead by example. It was his mistake that allowed Birmingham to equalise when Eduardo was had his ankle broken so no doubt that was fresh in his mind, brilliant stuff from him this time round.

mistaT

Established Member
Here here.

Clichy was fabulous all game and quite composed after the injury.

For all the flak he gets it would do us all some good to sit back and commend him for being a model Gooner.

Biggus

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Didn't Gallas organise team huddles when he was captain? :whistling
Yeah but Gallas doesn't have the same moral authority and charisma, because publicly criticising your fellow players and sitting on your hole on your own crying whilst your team mates are defending a last minute a penalty is generally not included in the text book of great leadership.

Wokich

First, Gallas is an awesome player and a great team-guy. He just wasn't the best Captain, but he's still great to have around.

Second, Sol was AWESOME! Throughout the match he was solid and after the match he saw what was going on with the huddle. He saw Cesc trying to organize it and ran around like a mad-man to make sure it happened. To use a politics analogy, if Cesc was the PM, setting the course for the team, then Sol's the whip, making sure the troops stay in line . . . that everyone knows they're supposed to be in the huddle.

Third, the difference between how Cesc reacted and how Gallas reacted is huge. It might be the league.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
As unfortunate as it is, it shows that you really can learn from horrific injuries. Eduardo and Birmingham was a shock to the system, and we lost all our momentum that season. This time around, we channeled it much more effectively and battered the door down to score twice more.

I don't think we'll see any complacency from the lads from now on, they'll be focused even more after this injury. Get well soon Ramsey.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Enjoyed Fabregas's little gesture to Pulis who should shoulder most of the bale in the whole Ramsey incident.

Fabregas, Sol and Clichy were all superb. The passion they have for this club is on a different level.

Anzac

Established Member
CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
Enjoyed Fabregas's little gesture to Pulis who should shoulder most of the bale in the whole Ramsey incident.

Fabregas, Sol and Clichy were all superb. The passion they have for this club is on a different level.

I missed it = what did he do & when did he do it?

law90026

Established Member
I think the other thing that was missed was how TV reacted after the incident.

He is sitting on the ground looking shattered. However, he later stands up and starts to pump himself up rather than looking despondent. It was at that moment that I really felt the team was becoming men.

flobaba

Anzac said:
CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:

I missed it = what did he do & when did he do it?
Nothing much. He hushed him when the prick was probably suggesting he be sent off/carded following a tackle cesc made. It was after the Ramsey incident and was an ironic complaint from Pulis to say the least.

Accomplished

Established Member
you're forgetting that Putrid then went on to start shouting at fabregas and calling him a prick along with some other choice words.

ultradoc

Established Member
It felt like cesc tackled that guy kinda symbolically. He didn't seem to go in too strong, but also just did enough to show that he is pissed off with the happenings with ramsey. That's why pulis was incensed. Good on cesc.

Anzac

Established Member
Accomplished said:
you're forgetting that Putrid then went on to start shouting at fabregas and calling him a prick along with some other choice words.

The man has less class than dog ****.........

Biggus

Established Member
It would be so funny to see the looks on the faces of Pulis Mcleish and Brown etc if we did win it.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Lazaq said:
My new avatar:

ojgeQAKxi.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://pici.se/pictures/ojgeQAKxi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://pici.se/pictures/ojgeQAKxi.jpg</a>

At least you could make your avatar in color. Remove that BW version, Aaron is not dead ffs.

Speaking of Theo, did anyone notice how he was confused after Cesc scored from the spot. He was looking at Cesc and once Cesc started touching his leg in support for Ramsey, Walcott followed that too :)

Biggus

Established Member
albakos said:
At least you could make your avatar in color. Remove that BW version, Aaron is not dead ffs.
:lol: Yeah add some colour- it's not a funeral Aaron will be back.

dreamLord

Established Member
AliBabaBrewer said:
Are you suggesting that Walcott didn't take it seriously? That in the face of Ramsey getting injured, he did not care as much as the others, that he laughed it off, and remained light hearted whilst the others were heavy hearted?

Or that he simply photographed out of context in the situation, where there were things being said to him that we have no knowledge of?

Leave the photograph, see the video of our huddle again. Walcott mistook the huddle for a celebration rather than a moment of seriousness for Ramsey's injury. And I don't blame him - we'd just won one of the most toughest matches, facing a bunch of thugs as a team and he was obviously happy.

CKD39

Established Member
otfgoon said:
CKD39 said:
Finally someone with sense.

I thought you were not implying anything and it was just an innocent comment? Feeling brave enough to go back to your original argument now that someone agrees with you? :lol:

The Main Forums are like a minefield, one false move and I'm blown back into the Lobby. Can't risk it.

Accomplished

Established Member
albakos said:
Lazaq said:
My new avatar:

ojgeQAKxi.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://pici.se/pictures/ojgeQAKxi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://pici.se/pictures/ojgeQAKxi.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

how ridiculous.

I like it, but then again, I know what good design is.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
dreamLord said:
AliBabaBrewer said:
Are you suggesting that Walcott didn't take it seriously? That in the face of Ramsey getting injured, he did not care as much as the others, that he laughed it off, and remained light hearted whilst the others were heavy hearted?

Or that he simply photographed out of context in the situation, where there were things being said to him that we have no knowledge of?

Leave the photograph, see the video of our huddle again. Walcott mistook the huddle for a celebration rather than a moment of seriousness for Ramsey's injury. And I don't blame him - we'd just won one of the most toughest matches, facing a bunch of thugs as a team and he was obviously happy.

This proves dreamLords point

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitvid.com/4682E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.twitvid.com/4682E</a>

Latest posts+

Top Bottom