• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Koscielny Dilemma

banduan

Established Member
nah that's actually not great to see, two defenders chasing the same ball.

I don't think the two are too similar though.

Verm's the harrier and Kos is just a great tackler/interceptor.

ricky1985

Established Member
yuvken said:
Funny thing how almost every word could be said about Rambo as well - and they both had a monster, end of debate game. Such joy with both - and this happening in a game like this, one we'll be talking about for years, is an extra joy.

anim_1c160ffa-cafb-2464-b144-f29062e92dba.gif

(one of the nicest images of this game; credit RWA)
Great gif!

And I agree, Ramsey has made it impossible for the myth that he is rubbish to persist. Hopefully our fans see his poor-ish form for what it was; a mixture of low confidence, high pressure and a struggle to get back to his best level physically. Watch him now though, he will go from strength to strength, there's much more to come from him.

ebouenolike said:
Yeh man - what a game from Kos. You could always see he had ridiculous potential, but now he's owning every game. If he could become a little bit more vocal he's be insane.
I've seen more from him in the organisational department recently. Think that's linked with confidence. Also think it's important to factor Mertesacker into the equation. He might have had a few issues here and there, but he's such a cool, calm head and he talks to, organises and leads the players around him. As much as a I want to see how a Vermaelen-Koscielny partnership goes - I think Mertesacker is very important to us in a less obvious way.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think by the end of the season we could have the strongest central defence in the league .
Theres a fallacy that Wenger doesn't buy good defenders . I don't think that is right . Chelsea just showed how hard it is to play a high line , some of the mistakes they made were elementary . Cole played people on so many times , Clichy would have been berated severely if he had done the same .

Its the system and pressure on the ball up the field , if that doesn't happen even the best look like ****e .

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
To be fair, Wenger bought good individual defenders (we saw even Squib can be a good defender), but he's yet to form a good working unit at the back, where all individuals complement each other and develop some chemistry.

With the rate of our injuries, no wonder why it takes so long.

mistaT

Established Member
Don't be dropping Koscielny, or moving him right now as he's playing lights out.

I think the way to move forward is to ease Vermalean back at LB while allowing Santos to rest.

Love our defensive options these days, and I'm excited that really it won't be too long till Sagna is back.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom