The Lobby: Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'The Lobby' started by kamikaze80, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Well-Known Member

Haven't bought any like that for years. Be alert, don't look like a tourist and don't necessarily accept the first offer. Tonight is not a sellout so you shouldn't pay much above face value. Be prepared to hang on till kick-off approaches.

Make sure you see the ticket and it looks legit before parting with any cash.

And I would try the box office first when you get there.
  2. Edin Edin

Edin Edin New Member

Thanks again. I will do that and hope for the best. And, since I'm Bosnian, that Seo will have a great game
    Mo Britain likes this.
  3. thanh1993

thanh1993 New Member

Hello everyone, I'm Thanh and this is the first time i take part in this forum, i hope will add many friend to talk :) share to the other one about my passion
    Mark Tobias likes this.
  4. Natnat

Natnat Active Member Elite

Welcome to Arsenal Mania
  5. Markus_14

Markus_14 New Member

Hi everyone! I'm Marc and I discovered this site a few days ago, so I decided to join!

I live in Barcelona and I've been an Arsenal fan for 8-9 years, since Arshavin joined the club (yes, Arshavin. He was my favourite player at the moment). And althought Andrei's time in the club wasn't very good, I kept on following the team and I try not to miss any of the Arsenal matches!

So, from now on, I'd be another frustrated fan here.
  6. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Do you support any other teams?
  7. Tom_Ford

Tom_Ford New Member

Hi, I'm Tom. Repost from another forum, with regards to Wenger:

The stadium project was meant to take us on to a new level. It's purpose was to compete with Real Madrid and Barca, so that we could challenge for big ears.

Before the stadium project, we were on 13 league title wins, United were on 15. After the invincibles, we basically let Wenger treat the club like his pet project.

We have somehow let this old hag get paid 150k a week for destroying our club, reducing it to some type of meme. And yet he keeps getting chance after chance after chance. Mourinho is right about him, he's a ****ing disgrace. We were a dream club before, 10 league titles before Wenger, a clear prestigious identity. I don't see an identity to be proud of anymore. We're a meme now.

Wenger released a statement recently effectively saying we are a feeder club. That we cannot afford to compete (we can).

“You look at world-class players now, you look at Ronaldo, Neymar, Sanchez, their level of financial demands and the level of their costs, you have to go younger and certainly these players are not affordable.”

That is just unacceptable. Tell me, who only bought Petr Cech in the summer before Leicester won the league? We were so close in revenue to United 2-3 years ago, we didn't take the risk and buy the big marketable players so that we could be appealing to the Asian tractor and noodle market. What is £100m on a Pogba when the marketing potential is so large? Wenger and the board CHOSE to become a feeder club. We CHOSE to be frugal and thus look like a small club. In the season we lost out to Leicester we only signed Petr Cech!! Ironically, it makes the board less money in the long run.

As a commenter said: If the main allure of our club is that we can offer young players game time and the opportunity to develop, we are then by definition a feeder club. This then means that we should continuously expect our players to play and then hop over somewhere else when they are good enough. Arsène believes that “loyalty” will win over and they’ll choose to remain with the club, but unfortunately that’s not how the world works anymore (Not really sure it ever did).

He has taken this club backwards. So ****ing pissed off that he is content at being a cuck club.

He is so ****ing guilty:

"Despite not being able to compete financially with the richest clubs, Wenger still believes that Arsenal’s ability to offer regular game time to new signings – perhaps down to the fact their squad isn’t as competitive and filled with star names – can play in their favour occasionally.
    “What is important today is that we are the club that can maybe give them a chance, more than many other clubs,” he said.
    So basically: he said one of our selling points is that we have a **** team so you can walk straight into the starting XI…. “Hey Miki, overall you cannot get in to Man Utd team but you would definitely play if you signed for us. I think you are a top, top, top player and our squad has great mental strength and good spirit. P.S. Did you know I have never broken a contract?”

What a complete ****ing prick, getting paid 150k a week to basically relegate our club into being a feeder club. We're the ****ing ARSENAL. Not Arséne Wenger. We're not his project. This is a complete insult to the history of the club. He really needs to **** off now

Why do we behave like we owe him for all of this ****? We have a much bigger history than Arséne ****ing Wenger. Guy bottled the title so many times since the stadium move. We should have had at least 2 more titles.

Club is a total ****ing shambles now. I don't give a **** if we get Auba, if we get some new defenders. He needs to **** off and his sick mentality has to **** off.
  8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne is Temporary, Squad Cost is Forever Trusted

:lol: :lol: Is that you again Piers? Ffs give it a rest man.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Ewarwoowar likes this.
  9. diesel3390

diesel3390 New Member

WEll hello all. First post here. Been lurking for ever. But now on.

How do I post in the main transfer rumours thread please all?

I've been an Arsenal Fan since around 1996. Wow long time. Been through the pre-Wenger era all the way to now.

And ofcourse been through all the frustrations!
  10. TerryHenry1983

TerryHenry1983 New Member

Morning peeps. Been a lurker for sometime now but thought I would come along and say hi. Does this mean the site will be easier to go through without any ads popping up now and again!

First post here. Arsenal fan since 7, grown up with brothers that are all Spuds so they hate me obviously but I have been a lot happier most of my life while they have suffered!

Anyway Hola!
    Ewarwoowar likes this.
  11. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Hey! I'm a masochist (otherwise I wouldn't support this team) from Romania. Used to be a frequent poster around 5-6 years ago and I'm back to pour my frustrations about this team with you guys. Cheers!
  12. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to all the new members!

(I really mean it, but I also wanted to bump this so I wasn't seeing the pointless "sack Wenger" thread every time I logged in).
    Makingtrax likes this.
  13. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

If that was the case, you'd be a United supporter. Word to Louis Van Gaal. :lol:
  14. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Nah, man. The past 12 and a half years have been brutal for Arsenal fans. Manure have been in a slump since Ferguson retired, which is a lot less than what we've gone through.
  15. Stannis

Stannis Active Member

Should have done an introduction earlier but I was busy burning stuff
  16. King Eboue

King Eboue New Member

Hi all, I was a occasional poster back when Cesc was still Captain. Under Scottish Gooner I think, anyway been a lurker for a few years thought it was time to make an account again. Love the Arsenal, they drive me mad but that's what it's all about I guess.
    krengon likes this.