• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Lobby: Introduce Yourself Here

Xander

How's it going folks? Xander here from New York in the US. I started supporting Arsenal in college about a decade ago. I work in the alcoholic beverage industry so I get to talk beer from 9-5 which is a nice plus, and I guess my preferred brew is a brown ale or stout. Looking forward to chatting with you all and hopefully a successful season

Ravirep

Greetings people of midgard! I have been reading here for a long time, but eventually ended up registering now. I started to watch every game of Arsenal when Ødegaard came here, and have kind of grown fond of both this forum (some others are pure toxic, not so much here) and of the club/fans/team. Your team is so exciting, young and talented. About me, I am norwegian, I have yet to choose an english club to really support, but I support Rosenborg in Norway and I breathe football. I have played myself until 20 yo. I come from some small strange norwegian village where only 1000 people live and the weather sucks most of the time. Looking forward to contributing on mania. Cheers! Now go beat Liverpoop!

jam123

Hey. Been supporting Arsenal as long as I can remember and I live in a Sp**s-supporting hotspot so it's nice to finally find a group of like-minded people who actually have iqs higher than the number of trophies Harry Kane has won, that I can share all the frustrations of supporting Arsenal with.

Moviegooner

Hello fellow Gooners,
My name is Alexander (call me Alex) I live in Holland and I'm 35 years old.
If been on the forum/site a good few months but didn't introduce myself so here I go:
Note that my English is not perfect:

My love for Arsenal started in 1998/99 when I was a 12 year old boy watching a fa cup match between Arsenal and Sheffield United. My father was watching the match because of the Dutch players who were playing there at the time; Dennis Bergkamp and Marc Overmars. I was already watching some football back then, mainly the Premier League, but immediately I fell in love with how Arsenal played. Nice fast attacking football with players like Bergkamp, but also Anelka, Viera, Suker, Adams and later of course TT Thierry Henry, I was sold. It really was in 2002 that I became a Gooner. Because of Wenger's passion, his philosophy, the team, beautiful stadium and most importantly the way of playing. I started with dutch sports channel to watch live Arsenal matches, but in the end I asked my mother for a subscription to a sports channel Canal plus on which I could watch my beloved Arsenal every week. On that I saw the peak of Wenger in which we became undefeated, Invincible champions. I begged my mother to go to London for the ceremony, but in the end it didn't happen due to lack of money. Been to Emirates many times later, but that's not Highbury.

The Great One

Thank you.

i‘ll introduce myself. Glenn Russell. I live in the Southern Suburbs of Sydney not far from Cronulla. I worked in London in the 1980’s, and was taken to Highbury half a dozen times by my boss, who was an Arsenal tragic.

I have been watching from afar ever since. My cable network tv her is Fox a sister station of Sky UK where I get the replays of Arsenal games usually a day or two after the game. The Fox network also show Man City, ?iverpool, Chelsea and our most hated neighbours using each clubs official tv.

Really happy with the way the team is going, it like many I am worried that our hectic schedule will catch up to us at some stage. One of the 2 upcoming Europa League games has to be potentially given away by playing the entire second string squad.

In the meantime, let’s enjoy the ride towards qualifying for the Champions League, and hope we get a couple of new guns in the January Window.

Go Gooners.

ItalianBoy30

Hi everyone! Sorry for my Off-Topic, but I didn't find a space where I could introduce myself, so I'm writing in this topic. It's my last off-topic.

I'm 25 years old, I'm from Italy and I'm an AS ROMA supporter, but I like Arsenal since I was child. Out of my country is certainly my favourite team! I often saw its game and I'm very happy that Arsenal is having a great season.

I decided to sign up here principally for two reason: first of all, because I'm happy to exchange our opinions on Arsenal and on football in general. Secondly, I would like to improve my english, and so writing and reading here it's a good opportunity to do it. In that sense, I apologize in advance if I will make any mistakes.

I have chosen Gervinho as my avatar because he played for Arsenal and for Roma and I loved him, I bought also his kit :biggrin:

Have a nice weekend!

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Hi everyone! Sorry for my Off-Topic, but I didn't find a space where I could introduce myself, so I'm writing in this topic. It's my last off-topic.

I'm 25 years old, I'm from Italy and I'm an AS ROMA supporter, but I like Arsenal since I was child. Out of my country is certainly my favourite team! I often saw its game and I'm very happy that Arsenal is having a great season.

I decided to sign up here principally for two reason: first of all, because I'm happy to exchange our opinions on Arsenal and on football in general. Secondly, I would like to improve my english, and so writing and reading here it's a good opportunity to do it. In that sense, I apologize in advance if I will make any mistakes.

I have chosen Gervinho as my avatar because he played for Arsenal and for Roma and I loved him, I bought also his kit :biggrin:

Have a nice weekend!
Welcome mate. Your English is excellent

Looking forward to discussing the highs and lows of Arsenal with our new members.

scottyC

Evening guys, first time poster and new member. I’m coming down from Glasgow on Sunday for the Brighton game, wife surprised me with tickets for my 40th. Looking for suggestions for places to go around the ground and somewhere after the game to go for dinner around Finsbury Park before heading back out to the airport hotel. Any recommendations are appreciated 👍🏼

Evening guys, first time poster and new member. I’m coming down from Glasgow on Sunday for the Brighton game, wife surprised me with tickets for my 40th. Looking for suggestions for places to go around the ground and somewhere after the game to go for dinner around Finsbury Park before heading back out to the airport hotel. Any recommendations are appreciated 👍🏼

I had dinner at "Trullo" close to the stadium before the City game in February. Very good!

Kjipt

Hello there!

New member here. The classic “long time reader, first time poster” sort of stuff. I am a 34-year-old male from Norway. Been following Arsenal since as far back as I can remember but didn’t really get into it before probably like 06. One of the main reasons I started supporting Arsenal back in the day was Kanu – what a lovely player he was. Also the fact that there are no decent teams even close to where I am from made it easy to find a foreign team, and the Premier League has always been huge in Norway.

I used to go over quite a lot during my twenties, but due to work and, well, life it has been hard to find the time now a days. Hopefully the future holds more spare time for me. Both me and missus are huge fans of football, but obviously something went horribly wrong in her upbringing, which led her to support United. But we are working on it, and hope that with enough counseling she can convert.

Hopefully my time here will allow me to build enough of a relationship with @OnlyOne that we can meet up one time and recreate the legendary Santi and Mertesacker photo!

Cheers

Kjipt out

ggunner12345

Hello there!

New member here. The classic “long time reader, first time poster” sort of stuff. I am a 34-year-old male from Norway. Been following Arsenal since as far back as I can remember but didn’t really get into it before probably like 06. One of the main reasons I started supporting Arsenal back in the day was Kanu – what a lovely player he was. Also the fact that there are no decent teams even close to where I am from made it easy to find a foreign team, and the Premier League has always been huge in Norway.

I used to go over quite a lot during my twenties, but due to work and, well, life it has been hard to find the time now a days. Hopefully the future holds more spare time for me. Both me and missus are huge fans of football, but obviously something went horribly wrong in her upbringing, which led her to support United. But we are working on it, and hope that with enough counseling she can convert.

Hopefully my time here will allow me to build enough of a relationship with @OnlyOne that we can meet up one time and recreate the legendary Santi and Mertesacker photo!

Cheers

Kjipt out
Welcome. At least your missus doesn't support tottenham

McNairInTheHague

Player:Saliba
Hello everybody: I'm a relatively plastic fan, having only started to support Arsenal since around 2004. I've lived in London since 1990 and assumed I would continue to support my hometown club, Bolton Wanderers. But going to watch Bolton at Highbury, during the period when there was the quite unpleasant animus between the two clubs, and between Allardyce and Wenger, I began to be seduced by the beauty of Arsenal's football. Detesting Man Utd didn't harm it, either. To my own amazement, by the time of the great and unbelievably unlucky 2007 Arsenal team, I could no longer deny my feelings: I was completely in love with the Arsenal. Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri (I know), Jack, Diaby... Since then, it's been quite an obsession. I get to the Emirates about 5 or 6 times a year, think about them all the time, and lurk on arsenalmania hoping for common sense to break out.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Hello everybody: I'm a relatively plastic fan, having only started to support Arsenal since around 2004. I've lived in London since 1990 and assumed I would continue to support my hometown club, Bolton Wanderers. But going to watch Bolton at Highbury, during the period when there was the quite unpleasant animus between the two clubs, and between Allardyce and Wenger, I began to be seduced by the beauty of Arsenal's football. Detesting Man Utd didn't harm it, either. To my own amazement, by the time of the great and unbelievably unlucky 2007 Arsenal team, I could no longer deny my feelings: I was completely in love with the Arsenal. Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri (I know), Jack, Diaby... Since then, it's been quite an obsession. I get to the Emirates about 5 or 6 times a year, think about them all the time, and lurk on arsenalmania hoping for common sense to break out.
Welcome aboard mate.

I hope you enjoy your time here and feel free to express your opinions on Arsenal matters in order threads too.

dino bravo

I have a few posts on here now, but didn't introduce myself. Followed Arsenal my whole life, passed down through the generations. My first game at Highbury was as a kid back in Jan '88 (0-0 with QPR, heavy rain - lovely stuff). I was a regular at Highbury for many years, I have been to a ton of games and many finals over the years, but sadly I wasn't one of the 300,000 away boys at Anfield in '89, but I watched it live and am old enough to remember it vividly, what a night!

My favourite players growing up were Rocky, Merse and Anders Limpar (god I loved that guy). Happy to say I have passed my passion down to my two kids, and we are a household of fanatics. Arsenal totally determine the house mood. We get to the carpet as regular as we can.

Been a long time reader on here, thought I would join in. Cheers, Deano 🍻

perth gooner

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Perth, Australia and have been supporting Arsenal since the Millennium (2000). Now in my 40s. Very glad to have found this forum.

As with many of my generation of supporters, 1997/98-2005/06 was our golden era of supporting the club, with two double winning seasons, the Invincibles year and an unlucky UEFA Champions League final defeat to cap off our last season at Highbury.

I have a small Arsenal kit collection accumulated over the last two decades, and my first shirt was from the 1999-00 season (pictured below). My only regret is not get getting "Henry 14" on the back of the shirt at the time, as this was the shirt he wore the season the King signed for us.

I now have a 10 month old baby and have a baby Arsenal kit for him. I look forward to collecting kits for him as he grows older. I hope he can stick to supporting Arsenal when he gets bigger. And perhaps he can experience an amazing run of success and excitement like we did during the golden era of 1997/98-2005/06.

gun__1374484374_henry_signs_1999.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom