• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Lobby: Introduce Yourself Here

ThePortugueseGunner

Hello, everybody. I'm a Portuguese Arsenal fan, and I decided to look for a Forum where I could closely follow news and opinions on the Club.

The Club I support with all my heart is Sporting Clube de Portugal, a Club Arsenal has faced twice (four games). I had the chance to watch the home game against Arsenal in 2018/2019, for the Europa League Group Stage, which Arsenal won 0-1 with a goal by Welbeck, if my memory doesn't fail me.

Arsenal F.C. is the only Club I feel something for besides Sporting C.P. I've supported Arsenal ever since I remember. I'm only 22 (born in 1998), and my first vivid Arsenal memory is the Champions League run in 05/06, which could have ended in glory if not for that infamous red card Lehmann got.

English is not my main language, but I think I'm not that bad at it. I will definitely not be the most wise member of this forum, but I look forward to learn more about Arsenal, and to catch up with the opinions of the supporters who have the chance to live the Club more closely.

Best regards to all the Gunners. I hope my arrival will work as a lucky charm for the upcoming clash against Olympiacos, and the North London Derby on Sunday.

COYG!

Harz

Hello, everybody. I'm a Portuguese Arsenal fan, and I decided to look for a Forum where I could closely follow news and opinions on the Club.

The Club I support with all my heart is Sporting Clube de Portugal, a Club Arsenal has faced twice (four games). I had the chance to watch the home game against Arsenal in 2018/2019, for the Europa League Group Stage, which Arsenal won 0-1 with a goal by Welbeck, if my memory doesn't fail me.

Arsenal F.C. is the only Club I feel something for besides Sporting C.P. I've supported Arsenal ever since I remember. I'm only 22 (born in 1998), and my first vivid Arsenal memory is the Champions League run in 05/06, which could have ended in glory if not for that infamous red card Lehmann got.

English is not my main language, but I think I'm not that bad at it. I will definitely not be the most wise member of this forum, but I look forward to learn more about Arsenal, and to catch up with the opinions of the supporters who have the chance to live the Club more closely.

Best regards to all the Gunners. I hope my arrival will work as a lucky charm for the upcoming clash against Olympiacos, and the North London Derby on Sunday.

COYG!
Welcome!

I want Ruben Amorim at Arsenal so badly. Do you think he could do well or is it too early for him?

ThePortugueseGunner

Welcome!

I want Ruben Amorim at Arsenal so badly. Do you think he could do well or is it too early for him?
Thanks! 👍

I don't think he would be ready for a challenge like managing a team that wants to figure in the top-4 in such a big league.

Portuguese footbal has a lot of particularities that I could ramble on forever. To put it simple, he's doing very well in the league, but the National Cup and the Europa League performances were poor. I don't think he'll be able to achieve the same level of success next season, with Champions League football week in, week out.

He may have a bright future, but I think it's way too soon for a challenge like Arsenal. Even at Sporting, I think it would be nice for him to prove he's not a one season wonder. :)

Stlgunner 7

Hey everyone,

Just joined the forum today. I'm from st Louis, Missouri USA. Began following Arsenal my freshman year of high school, around 1994. Premier League game of the week was shown on cable right around the time I got home from practice and have been supporting since...having gotten much more involved last 5 years or so. It wasn't hard to fall in love with that crew including Bergkamp, Petitte, Kanu, Anelka, etc.

Have coached both my sons in soccer/football. BTW, is it acceptable for us Yanks to say soccer or will I be killed? I'm ok either way, having watched the Premier League now for so long I call it football often as I do soccer.

I have a goal to take my family to north London in 3-5 years to visit the Emirates for a game and hopefully find a local training session for my son who is very good and loves the game. We can get into that more later!

Glad to be aboard and come on you Gunners what a ****ing win yesterday. Let's go.

jezybmiller89

I’ve have enuff of this arsenal team like most of you I don’t why we have to stand for us being so bad like we are this is a joke I’ve been a arsenal fan since 1989 when I was born love the club always will but this is a joke we have joke players joker owners every game seems to be arsenal losing I’m all for the live of the game and if we deserve to lose that’s fine but this club is a joke we used to dominate games and in my view we’re becoming a team like Swindon town the owners need to invest in better players need to improve more we have a good manager but he’s not the right guy for us now yes he’s won the fa cup and what ever but the team we have we shouldn’t be losing we payed 70 something mil on Pepe and he is crap sorry but he is he’s lazy don’t do much I see him mostly walking on the pitch this team we have is a absolute joke the owners are a joke and don’t get me wrong I like arteta but his game we can’t handle I love arsenal fc always have but something needs to be done we’re a joke of a football team and a club all the world in football terms know this we need changes big time sorry but this is how I feel I don’t even watch arsenal games any more this is the team I loved watching but now the team is crumbling in front of my eyes were a joke of a team we don’t deserve europa league or champions league shouldn’t of even been considered of top six Esl.

Brunos Beard

Yet another annoying Manc
Totally missed this thread... So why not give it a try?

Swedish, 40+ and a United-fan since the mid 80's...

So why did I sign up for this forum when I don't support Arsenal? Well, I usually check around the oppo forums for opinions and thoughts. I thought you guys seemed to be quite reasonable and not as deluded as some (Liverpool) other forums... So I made an account to be able to interact whenever I might feel the need to do just that.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Totally missed this thread... So why not give it a try?

Swedish, 40+ and a United-fan since the mid 80's...

So why did I sign up for this forum when I don't support Arsenal? Well, I usually check around the oppo forums for opinions and thoughts. I thought you guys seemed to be quite reasonable and not as deluded as some (Liverpool) other forums... So I made an account to be able to interact whenever I might feel the need to do just that.
@rich 1990

Pulp

Hello, I am an Arsenal fan from Norway.
Been lurking this forum for years so decided to finally sign up. Highlight from this forum is probably the summer transfer window of 2013. Supporting this team has been a lot, but it certainly has never been boring :lol:

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Hello. Started Supporting Arsenal towards the end of the 1990/91 Season. I was at School at the time and most of the people Supported Liverpool. I was watching the Liverpool Vs Arsenal league game on TV, we won 1-0, Paul Merson scored. I was cheering the Goal. I liked the way Arsenal went to Liverpool and upset there Title ambitions. I liked Paul Merson for scoring the goal and celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans.
The first match I saw live was Arsenal Vs Man City at Highbury 1994/95. I have been to a few games at Highbury, and have been to Emirates Cup games at the Emirates Stadium. Also a league and FA Cup match.
Done the Emirates Stadium Tour which was brilliant, and the Arsenal Museum.
Watched some Arsenal away matches at Aston Villa, Birmingham City, WBA, Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton and Coventry City.
I am from the Gloucestershire area and Support Gloucester City. Been a Supporter since 1994. Go to all the Home and most of the Away games.
We were in Exile for 13 years, now back at Gloucester. We were Top of National League North last Season, then Season was scrapped.
Come on AFC and GCAFC!!!

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Sorry, forgot to say, I have been to Everton, Goodison Park twice. My Brother-in-Law is a big Everton Supporter. I sat with him on both occasions in the Glydws Street Upper Tier. Sat amongst Everton Supporters, I just stayed quiet.
The first time I went was a Sunday game. We lost 1-0 late on with Andrew Johnson scoring the winner. I can remember towards the end of the game, it was hailstoning. As we were leaving the ground in the rain, we went past two ice-cream vans. People were buying ice-cream. It was quite cold and wet, just the time for an ice-cream. 🏟️🌧️☔🍦
The second time that I went, it was a midweek game. We drew 1-1, Robin Van Persie equalised for us late on. You could hear a pin drop where I was, I just stayed quiet, cheering inside. I looked to my Brother-in-Law, he had his head in his hands. I had thought we were going to lose the match.
It was a quiet journey back down the M6/M5. 🛣️🚗😞🤫

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Alright chiefs.

I've been reading AM on and off for years now - maybe from around 2008 or so. There's been lots of times that I've thought of registering an account but with a busy job and life I always thought there was a risk that it would be a time black hole... And this is correct, the forum is addictive!

I live in London and have grown up with Arsenal as my club. Earliest memory of really supporting the team was the 1994 Cup Winners Cup win and then after that I started following in a big way from 1998 with the Wenger Years. There have been some ups and downs along the way for sure. I lived in New Zealand for a year and remember watching the FA cup win (that ended our trophy drought) from a hotel bed in Wellington at 2.00 in the morning, trying not wake my wife up by cheering / cursing.

Overall I love Arsenal. Some of the banter and insight on this forum has kept me going and fueled the passion as well. So many nutty gooners, especially around transfer time! Feel like I know some of you guys already so good to join in!

Cheers

Top Bottom