• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The "Marketing" of Arsenal football club internati

fuzz

I've been reading alot of articles in various news papers and one sotry that has alot of attention is this exibition tournament happening in america consisting of man u, celtic, ac milan and even chelski. Now this tournament obviously is being done to garner and creat an internation brand and appeal of these clubs. Man u alread have this and that is one of the reasons for them being hte biggest club in the world, but i simply ask why aren't we there? Chelsea have nothing offer success or history wise compared to us yet they are over there building up a brand and international support while we are in austria or god knows where?

surely if we want to compete with the biggest clubs in the world we have to follow their lead atleast to some extent. We are the EPL champions, we should be in that u.s. tournament not chelski and freaking celtic.

I mean even liverpool are tourning north america and last year they toured Asia where they have great international support surely we should be aiming for the same? does this bother anyone else?

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football ... ory=544096

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 88,00.html

Aussie

Established Member
Look who is getting the better preperation for 38 premier league games plus fa cup, champions league and league cup games.

US OF COURSE

Our players are out of the spotlight and just relaxing and preparing for a long hard season. United only get back 6 days before there first game or something like that.

TB*Gooner*

Our marketing is based on success. Simple as that. If the **** wanna **** up their pre season in the US just let them.

nnaife

We are playing the Argentinean Champs River Plate who have one of the most talented and largest squads in world football and play the beautiful game better than we do.

They also have this gangly player called Luis Gonzales a central midfielder who reminds me a lot paddy in way he surges foward beating players as if they werent even there - and boy can he strike a ball well!

He's playing for Argentina in the copa america and has scored in the tournament.

We do all right marketing wise.

calvinngai88

No point playing in such a hectic US tournament which will result in some detrimental effects on Arsenal's players. This will cause fatigue and even injuries to our first team regulars if we do play those tournaments. So what if it does bring in more revenue and international recognition? As long as each and every player is refreshed from the summer break for a hectic fixtures from the upcoming EPL, CL, FA and Carling Cup, no doubt there will sure be success which will bring in MORE revenue, MORE worldwide recognition than those "small" tournaments that they, ManU and Chelsea play in during pre-season. ;D

A

Anonymous

but United are not playing their first team players are they?Ruud,Scholes,Ronaldo,Silvestre,Heinze,Saha etc are not travelling so it wouldn't really give them as much fatigue as some are suggesting?so why can't Arsenal send their youth/reserves ?

calvinngai88

These players played in the Euro, so they are given more rest than anyone else. They are to join back the squad in these couple of days. As for Heinze, he's still in Copa for the final against Brazil.

Spike

Established Member
We don't want to tire the players out before the start of the season, we're taking it easy.

Senght

Ill agree with them sending their players abroad for some minor warmups. The key and major players do not need to go, the reserves/youth shoudl get the bulk of the time there. And I would KILL to see the Arsenal players up close. Yeah even Cygan.

Arnie

Our marketing is crap but it don't matter cos our performances on the field are great

joe3428

Senght said:
Ill agree with them sending their players abroad for some minor warmups. The key and major players do not need to go, the reserves/youth shoudl get the bulk of the time there. And I would KILL to see the Arsenal players up close. Yeah even Cygan.

uh...uh... me too... me too... me too!

goonerling

Reports are that Chelsea and Liverpool have been playing in half empty stadia (at best) during their pre-season games anyway. Seems a bit odd to go all the way to America to do that.

vin de guerre

Yes! The marketing of Arsenal Football Club is abysmal.
The fact we have a great team on the pitch does not infer wehave a winning marketing squad!
As for friendlies, they are only a minute point with in a club's annual marketing strategy. The major problem at Arsenal is a non existent market presence outside of the UK .

Gooner_Milton

Success breeds success m8s.

I've been a gooner for a long time but it's only been recently that the folks around me (in Vancouver BC) heard about Arsenal. If the team resumes it's winning ways, I'm sure word will spread.

calvinngai88

Junichi Inamoto's signing was actually part of the straegy to market Arsenal into Japan, before spreading to other parts of Asia, but it failed. :cry:

Latest posts

Top Bottom