• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Midfield Enigma

Ted_Lasso

Anxious to see if Elneny can replicate his 2nd half performance against a proper pressing team. Still think a disciplined Ramsey under a manager who isn't afraid to drop him if he idiotically storms forward leaving Xhaka exposed is theoretically our best pairing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Anxious to see if Elneny can replicate his 2nd half performance against a proper pressing team. Still think a disciplined Ramsey under a manager who isn't afraid to drop him if he idiotically storms forward leaving Xhaka exposed is theoretically our best pairing.
Ramsey not showing any care he massively off form ox is best option for xhaka at home games elneny more suited in away games.

InvertedFootballer

Coquelin for the top sites, hopefully Ramsey or Ox can adapt too so we can have a decent pair. Our current setup doesn't need to win the midfield battle, just to intercept quickly and launch counter attacks now that Giroud is a proven sub.

Xhaka - El Neny or whoever else for the dross as today showed. Decent rotation

N

NotAUserName

Think we should slow down a bit here.

We did beat West ham 5 - 1 away with Xhaka and Coq in midfield - Coq was rightfully praised here for that match. Bournemouth also made us look like amateurs at home with Xhaka and Elneny in midfield. I just don't believe in drawing conclusions from a single match.

blaise

Agree with Ainsley choice, Elnenny is good, very good squad player to have but for a longer stretch if we are aiming higher we need a better player there. Considering our options Ainsley is only one with a possibility of a significant upside so we should give him a chance before the loan.

Ramseys positioning and especially first touch and quick pass is miles from Elnenny, I d say even from Ainsley, he cant work in a two men midfield, he had one year and a half with Arteta, afterwards he only sees a goal in front of him for how many years. Expecting something to change there is like waiting to win couple of milions on lottery.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think we should slow down a bit here.

We did beat West ham 5 - 1 away with Xhaka and Coq in midfield - Coq was rightfully praised here for that match. Bournemouth also made us look like amateurs at home with Xhaka and Elneny in midfield. I just don't believe in drawing conclusions from a single match.
That's football today. If you watch a re-run of the Barca v PSG game, the pundits had PSG going from superb to clueless in less than one match.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Guess what....'this site' doesn't sign players.

Besides, there were only a few people who said we didn't need Kante iirc. So 'general thought'? No, it wasn't.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
So annoying to read... Could have been a game changer in midfield especially for Europe.

The perfect counter balance for Özil at #10 & probably one of the few that make the 4-2-3-1 formation with four attackers viable vs the top teams.

**** knows why we opted for the #10 & dlp combo... Insanity.

We have Coq.....That was the general thought even on this site! :rolleyes:

I agree on this. I thing there were a lot of people on here who didn't feel we needed Kanté because we had Coquelin "as that midfielder". Some are even still defending him even if every criticism the wiser posters on here had about him have come out of the shell this season.

I love Wenger but I just wish sometimes he would be a little more ruthless when it comes to things like this.

Nobody will ever miss Coquelin when he is gone. But I and the wiser posters will be wondering for ever what could have been with Kanté.

Kanté and Kylie. I just can't get over them.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So annoying to read... Could have been a game changer in midfield especially for Europe.

The perfect counter balance for Özil at #10 & probably one of the few that make the 4-2-3-1 formation with four attackers viable vs the top teams.

**** knows why we opted for the #10 & dlp combo... Insanity.

Didn't Chelsea play 4 2 3 1 with inconsistent results and got beaten by us 3-0 with a 4 2 31 and Kante getting turned on a six pence in midfield? Didn't Kante look ordinary vs a Spain team in a 4 2 31 alongside Bakayoko?

I think he is a good player, but I think people are overestimating the impact he would have on our set up. He also needs to be in a team that defends well as a unit Chelsea don't really press and have a good team shape. They are willing to give possession to the opposition. Leicester were even more extreme in that sense.

How do you think he would fair in our set up? We put our midfielders in a position to be bypassed by opposition counters. There is no way he would be putting up the same numbers in our team.

How do you think he would fair in our set up?

He would have been the perfect partner for Xhaka.

Didn't Chelsea play 4 2 3 1 with inconsistent results and got beaten by us 3-0 with a 4 2 31 and Kante getting turned on a six pence in midfield? Didn't Kante look ordinary vs a Spain team in a 4 2 31 alongside Bakayoko?

Is this for real? Few examples? Chelsea who was still returning from **** last season and friendly with France?

carlito'sway

Established Member

I think he is a good player, but I think people are overestimating the impact he would have on our set up. He also needs to be in a team that defends well as a unit Chelsea don't really press and have a good team shape. They are willing to give possession to the opposition. Leicester were even more extreme in that sense.

How do you think he would fair in our set up? We put our midfielders in a position to be bypassed by opposition counters. There is no way he would be putting up the same numbers in our team.

The game vs Spain is a poor example. Deschamps was experimenting with a new MF with Tolisso and Rabiot next to Kante vs a good Spain team. It failed. Btw, They played a 4-3-3 with Griezmann coming into the middle. The team was totally unbalanced. Bakayoko played only thr second half and was poor.
Kante for my money is the best DCM in the game today. Automatic upgrade for any team.

BobP

Memri Fan
I stand by wanting Xhaka over Kante.

Fact of the matter is that it's much harder to find a player like Xhaka as opposed to the Kante type all action midfielder.

Hell, just a few months ago, Leicester bought Ndidi who has been impressive.

Furthermore, you've got players like Kessie and Keita who we have been linked to.

Top Bottom