• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Mind Series: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday, August 1 | KO: 15:00 BST | Stream

IsWho will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Token Yank

What did people make of Lokonga? I thought he used the ball very well, but comes across as a bit nonchalant off the ball? He doesn't really cover ground too well? Just me?
I think he has looked really good this pre-season. Covering ground, I don't know. He doesn't seem to get beat a lot or caught out of position. Elneny covers a lot of ground and he is probably one of the worst players in the league.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Smith Rowe and Eddie were the best.
Lokonga, Leno and Tavares did good.
Shame about Partey

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Not really fussed about Partey, he’s done nothing to warrant such a reaction.

Just a name thus far. Granit is clear.

Didn’t really watch the game properly tbh but the two Arsenal pundit-type guys said Partey was oozing class before he came off and a few posters here say he’s been good in preseason so I guess the reaction is somewhat based on that.

bakaboo

Partey looking good before the injury. Midfield press looks more coordinated. Attack wise still the same, relying on fullbacks to overload the flanks. Which made me wonder why we are not getting a RB.

Defending at times made numerous unforced errors which is worrying.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I still don’t get why we make it so hard for our cbs by playing so high. One good ball through and opponents are in.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Auba played LW and Laca ST? Honestly I don’t even want to watch this season. I am not watching right now. Everyone knows it doesnt work for more than 2 games.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Just saw the bellerin gift for Chelsea 2-1 :thumbsup:

new season same **** no chance I’m watching anything more than MOTD.

Plutarch

Our defensive frailty was fully on display against Chelsea. I'm so sick of this, year after year.

During the Euros, some people thought England were boring, with their solid defence. I thought it was great. I'm so traumatised by years of Arsenal letting opponents just stroll through us and score without even having to try, I now long for some boring centre backs and defensive midfielders who will make it their business not to leave huge open spaces in front of our goal for attackers to run into.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The hope is Arteta is planning a combination of White + Gabriel which would have enough pace to prevent it.
No defence has enough pace to play so high. All attackers have to do is time their run and the midfielders get their pass right and we in deep trouble. It’s just too much space and teams will prepare for it

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
No defence has enough pace to play so high. All attackers have to do is time their run and the midfielders get their pass right and we in deep trouble. It’s just too much space and teams will prepare for it
A few teams do play it like City and Liverpool, they cope with a high press and quick defenders Walker/Vvd. Can we play a high possession game with a high press? We can if we bring in Martinez and Ødegaard. Other than that Id agree its massively risky.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Worried for this year given the way we want to attack and the players we still have in the defence/fullbacks. Arteta may as well pack his bags now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom