• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Mind Series: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Arsenal | Sunday, August 8 | KO: 14:00 BST | Arsenal.com

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Thankfully I missed the 2nd half. Massive pressure on the Brentford game, must win.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
TBF when you have auba in front of you its super easy to kill our attacks.
Auba & Pepe were poor today & ESR meh. When 3 out of the front 4 dont perform well you are gonna struggle big time.
I don't think Auba or Pepe are poor, they are completely misused, but that can be said for many players

Wiggins

Arsenal is basically just what happens when your girlfriend gets fat and rank. You know what she used to be like so you hold on in hope she changes until eventually the scales tip too far to wrong way.
and then you find you can fit your whole head inside her.....

Justin1986

Been terrible, looked shakey in transitions both going forward and backwards, toothless going forward, actually look better with all of the younger players now that Nelson and Balogun are on the pitch.

Not sure we can trust the club management in transfers, so focus on offloading the deadwood and spend on coaches, whatever it takes and for this season build on what’s already there. I’m not sure dropping another 150m into this system is going to actually improve.
We looked far better first half , you clearly didn’t watch the game , we were ****ing abysmal second half

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
When most of your players do not perform well... You need to point at the manager.
Definitely!

Individually most of them are really strong players, so it's time when we start looking at how they are being used.

I get that Bellerin, Mari and a few guys are poor, but even with them we should still play much better football

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Been terrible, looked shakey in transitions both going forward and backwards, toothless going forward, actually look better with all of the younger players now that Nelson and Balogun are on the pitch.

Not sure we can trust the club management in transfers, so focus on offloading the deadwood and spend on coaches, whatever it takes and for this season build on what’s already there. I’m not sure dropping another 150m into this system is going to actually improve.

I'm sure Arteta can get the team looking better, and being more effective. He gets that by spending a lot of money.

The question I have is whether better and more effective means a team that is more incisive, creative and dangerous with the ball. I dont think Arteta would be capable of turning us into a free flowing, yet tactically intelligent side.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel like that documentary is gonna be embarrassing

Nothing like getting behind the scenes, of a crap season!

We don't even have someone like Jose, who can carry it...it's just gonna be terrible.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I don't think Auba or Pepe are poor, they are completely misused, but that can be said for many players
They were both poor today. Auba is not a good footballer & will struggle against team that sits back and dont give him room to run.
Pepe created very little.
Unfortunately It happens sometimes.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Auba needs to be at the end of chances and converting them, while Pepe needs to see a lot of the ball to be effective. These things didn't happen and they will always look poor while we play like this. It's not the players in the end, it's how Arteta uses them

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You guys notice how ESR hogged the RW? Its like we aren't allowed to have players in central positions. No wonder we get countered on so easily.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
When most of your players do not perform well... You need to point at the manager.
Some of our players were/are just not good enough.
Yes of course you look at the manager but players need to take responsibility for their performance.
Only Laca out of our front 4 actually was decent today.
Lets be honest we know Auba is not a good footballer, Pepe is inconsistent & ESR is a kid still developing & so very unlikely he will produce week in week out.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Auba needs to be at the end of chances and converting them, while Pepe needs to see a lot of the ball to be effective. These things didn't happen and they will always look poor while we play like this. It's not the players in the end, it's how Arteta uses them
Well of course there is an argument for Auba through the middle but im not sure anyone says dont pass the ball to Pepe 🤣
He wasnt good today but tbf you also have to give the other team credit at times for snuffing him out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom