• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Mind Series: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Arsenal | Sunday, August 8 | KO: 14:00 BST | Arsenal.com

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzka

Arteta back to Laca starting and Auba at LW, yep yep, that's it persist with what has failed time and time again, that'll definitely work out well.
TBF.. Hasn't got a huge amount of choice. Saka only had a couple of sessions, and we're weaker than we finished last year in an attacking sense.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lokonga starting has given me hope for the season...as that will surely be the team v Brentford, please Mikel, don't start Mo!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

TBF.. Hasn't got a huge amount of choice. Saka only had a couple of sessions, and we're weaker than we finished last year in an attacking sense.

Why not give Balogun a go? We've seen 4 years of Laca not being good enough. Why not try something new? It's lazy and cowardly and it's still pre-season. It's an indication of what's the come, Arteta will go for what he perceives to be the safe option and ironically it'll be the thing which holds us back.

It's like last winter when we finally tried ESR and Martinelli and he showed a bit of bollocks that we start to improve. Now we're back to this dull nonsense.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Said it during the Chelsea game but I really don't like the Auba-Laca-Pepe front three.

Only time it somwhat worked, was in it 2019/2020, when Arteta was playing a 3-4-3.

But even though it's only a slight tweak, a 4-2-3-1 changes their roles quite a bit...both have to play wider for one, which doesn't really suit them.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Looks like that will be the team for Brentford. Fair play on Lokonga starting, didn't expect that. Looks like Arteta's learning a bit. Of course a bad result today and Elneny will be straight back in 🤣

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I ain't paying, so you guys who are watching need to update this thread for the rest of us please.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No Willian is welcome surprise no willock too look like it's just matter of time before he move to Newcastle

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta has not developed his tactics at all, he's so deluded in his belief that his way will eventually see results it's unbelievable. Wait till you see. Xhaka will be camped in front of the CB's, Auba will be playing LWB virtually. Lokonga will have to do all the midfield work on his own. Pepe will be somewhat restricted. Laca will be near the centre circle instead of in the box. It's so predictable.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'll be teaching for the entire duration of this match. I'll try to get an illegal stream on my phone while doing so but I won't be as attentive on it, and looking at the lineup - I don't think I would have been too enamoured anyway. Lokonga starting ahead of Elneny is nice to see though.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What are we to take from Bellerin starting as well? Surely if he was leaving he wouldn't be in the squad either.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Find a quality replacement for Bellerin and we actually would have a very good squad.

? - White - Gabriel - Tierney
Loko - Partey
Pepe - ESR - Saka
Lacazette

why does he insist on starting bellerin? ive been trying to support arteta even through the bad times thinking he'll come good but if he is gunna keep bellerin in the side after he was the biggest reason we lost last week it'll make me change my mind about arteta i want all to succeed here but bellerin is just a lost cause now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom