• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The most overrated players.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Don't get me wrong I thought he was a good enough defender, but I think a lot of Utd fans had him down as Maldini or Canavarro or somebody of that level.

Thought he could look a bit clumsy at times too.

I think that he was good all-round CB.Good on the ball and didn't make some silly mistakes in his passes and he knew to put him in right position.Good in the air too.

But on the other hand,he was little bit slow and his tackling wasn't great.Maldini and Nesta were better in their prime,no doubt about that.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Definitely Pique. Really surprised he's cemented his place in that Barca backline for so long. I've always thought surely they could get better than him.

Yeah,i never rate him so high.He was probably good for Barca,because they hold ball for a long time and don't get to exposed in defence.He was also good on the ball.

Doubt that he would be that good in some more defensive team,like Atletico.

Hartson67

I think that he was good all-round CB.Good on the ball and didn't make some silly mistakes in his passes and he knew to put him in right position.Good in the air too.

But on the other hand,he was little bit slow and his tackling wasn't great.Maldini and Nesta were better in their prime,no doubt about that.

Aye he had good positioning and could make a pass but it was his tacking I was more thinking of that was a bit ragged. Saying that, how Utd would love him and a few others from that era back. They pretty bad pretty quick.

Oh and Nesta was the business; guy had everything and more you'd need in a defender.

Hartson67

Yeah,i never rate him so high.He was probably good for Barca,because they hold ball for a long time and don't get to exposed in defence.He was also good on the ball.

Doubt that he would be that good in some more defensive team,like Atletico.

Nah I Couldn't see him at Atletico either, wouldn't suit him or them. And even worse would happen if he was playing in Serie A.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Every single person me and my brother knew ranted and raved about him. We couldn't understand it cause every time we saw Juventus play he done nothing. Me and my brother were starting to wonder if it was us that just couldn't see or appreciate what he brought to the team. So I'm actually gald to hear that you or anybody else you know doesn't rate him either :D

Fair enough, I was just a bit confused as I literally forgot he even existed, he was just bang average in my opinion and I thought that was the general feeling towards him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Jamie Carragher.

His only memorable moments in his career are being owned by Henry constantly and scoring a lot of own goals. I think he made a tackle in Istanbul but that's it. If he had been playing for a lesser side than Liverpool he wouldn't have ever been called up to the national side.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
His only memorable moments in his career are being owned by Henry constantly and scoring a lot of own goals. I think he made a tackle in Istanbul but that's it. If he had been playing for a lesser side than Liverpool he wouldn't have ever been called up to the national side.

Called up and never used, I saw some PL history games earlier and one was the 4-4 with Liverpool we had where Arshavin bagged four, reminded me how average Carragher was, Sky have built him up a lot more than he was, even in his prime he was just an all effort defender at best, no different to the Lewis Dunk's or lower level CB's in the league.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs. You’d need more than 2 hands to count the amount of better CMs and Wingers we’ve had in the league since these guys.

Fergie was just great at getting the best out of players but Giggs has never been on Pires’ level and Fabregas would pass circles around Scholes.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs. You’d need more than 2 hands to count the amount of better CMs and Wingers we’ve had in the league since these guys.

Fergie was just great at getting the best out of players but Giggs has never been on Pires’ level and Fabregas would pass circles around Scholes.

No chance that Scholes was overrated.Probably one of the best midfield players in history of EPL.

Giggs was good all round player,didn't have some speical skills,but was useful player.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
No chance that Scholes was overrated.Probably one of the best midfield players in history of EPL.

Giggs was good all round player,didn't have some speical skills,but were useful player.

He might be one of the best because of longevity, Fergie knew how to get the best out of players.

But if we’re talking whos the most skilled in midfield like passing, vision, reading the game, tackles, play making etc Scholes couldn’t do anything Arteta couldn't.

Guys like Fabregas and Yaya would run circles around Scholes.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree that they are overrated. They are hardly mentioned among the best ever but no way you can dismiss their ability and mentality to be vital players in their team and win over 10 PL and 2 CL trophies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Always though Mahrez was a bit overrated. Heung Min Son is probably the most underrated player in the league in my book, almost rate him as high as Sadio Mané

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
He might be one of the best because of longevity, Fergie knew how to get the best out of players.

But if we’re talking whos the most skilled in midfield like passing, vision, reading the game, tackles, play making etc Scholes couldn’t do anything Arteta couldn't.

Guys like Fabregas and Yaya would run circles around Scholes.

I don't think that Fergie made him better.And he had almost all that skills that you mentioned.Great long balls,good vision,long shot goals,finding space and put right pass.

He was on different position than Yaya Toure,who was box to box midfielder.

Scholes and Cesc were more deep lying playmakers,like Pirlo.Their defence was weaknes.

ASIF

Van dirk,De Gea,Maguire,delli Ali in the premier league..Neymar for the no1 spot in the world.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom