• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The most overrated players.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
Ramsey - Rubbish
Hazard - Patchy as ****
Pique - Rarely has to actually defend
Pogba - Pirlo did all the work at Juve
Luke Shaw - Fat
Sergio Ramos - Very reckless
Mats Hummels - Prone to gaffs
Eddie Howe - .

Giroud

Established Member
Memphis Depay is a serious talent again frozen out by Mourinho just like De Bruyne and Lukaku. He was tearing up the Eredivisie in all sorts of ways at the age of 20. Maybe he has attitude problems or something which has stalled his development but considering he's coached by Mourinho I'm more inclined to believe he's wasting a serious talent.

Hyruga

Reus isn't overrated...rated just fine(maybe Slightly underrated).
Dele Alli is overrated...no way is he good enough to play for Madrid and wouldn't get into out team.
Scholes is another...world class, yes. Best CM in the last 20 years??? No freaking way.
How many years have you watched Scholes play?

He can do anything from long pass, short pass, long shot, one-two, dribbling, finding space, passing to space, running into space, tackle, composure, holding the ball.

Guess which year he left and what happened to manutd?

Sykes

How many years have you watched Scholes play?

He can do anything from long pass, short pass, long shot, one-two, dribbling, finding space, passing to space, running into space, tackle, composure, holding the ball.

Guess which year he left and what happened to manutd?
Like I said, he was talented, but no way on this earth was he the best CM in 20 years. He started getting overhyped

GDeep™

League is very weak
Memphis Depay is a serious talent again frozen out by Mourinho just like De Bruyne and Lukaku. He was tearing up the Eredivisie in all sorts of ways at the age of 20. Maybe he has attitude problems or something which has stalled his development but considering he's coached by Mourinho I'm more inclined to believe he's wasting a serious talent.

Depay was stinking out the joint before Mourinho got there tbf.

If anything, I think the leap from Holland to England was probably too big.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I was thinking about that the other day. He had great talent, didn't work for him at Utd which we've seen with a lot of talented players recently. If he was being sold for £15-20m, would you take a chance on him?

GDeep™

League is very weak
How great is his talent though? Hard to measure for me considering he comes from Holland.

There were Dutch posters on here who doubted him when he joined Utd.

Maybe there is an attitude issue, anytime I hear about Depay it's because he's hanging out with Rihanna or he's just purchased a car for 200K etc.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
How great is his talent though? Hard to measure for me considering he comes from Holland.

There were Dutch posters on here who doubted him when he joined Utd.

Maybe there is an attitude issue, anytime I hear about Depay it's because he's hanging out with Rihanna or he's just purchased a car for 200K etc.
Hard to know, tbh I didn't watch him a lot myself. His goalscoring record as a 20 year old in his last season at PSV was outstanding though. I know it's the Dutch league, but for a winger to average 2 goals every 3 games is something else. He looked a bit like a one trick pony on the left at Utd, always cutting inside. I was just curious with him probably being sold at a cut price and our average wingers.

Giroud

Established Member
I was thinking about that the other day. He had great talent, didn't work for him at Utd which we've seen with a lot of talented players recently. If he was being sold for £15-20m, would you take a chance on him?

Definitely. He looked a special talent in Holland, just one of those wide forwards who can score, create and beat players. At £15-20m I'd be all over him but United wouldn't sell to us.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Footballers are like bands. When they are small people love them when they get to big people go off them. People wanna be hipsters and trendy. There may be some bands that transcend that like there will be some footballers but the majority is to be seen and be cool

Two years ago Pogba would have been under rated now is over rated. What's changed? money and the club he plays for.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Wtf? He was better than Ronaldo for years ffs

Honestly, if you asked United fans in 2004-2006 to sell one, it would have been Ronaldo. Wasn't sure if Ronaldo was ever going to find that consistency but he really came into his own after 2006.

Skip to 5:10, easy to forget what a young Rooney promised. He just had it, albeit raw he was the player you knew was destined for greatness. Makes me physically ill when I see this level of praise for Dele Alli.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Honestly, if you asked United fans in 2004-2006 to sell one, it would have been Ronaldo. Wasn't sure if Ronaldo was ever going to find that consistency but he really came into his own after 2006.

Skip to 5:10, easy to forget what a young Rooney promised. He just had it, albeit raw he was the player you knew was destined for greatness. Makes me physically ill when I see this level of praise for Dele Alli.

Yep, I would definitely argue that young Rooney had gigantic potential unlike Cristiano who exceeded my personal expectations to become the giant instead. I have huge respect for him for that because despite being talented he honestly didn't seem he could be as good as he has become compared to Rooney who was a natural with many talents.

Delle Ali is good though but I agree not exactly a world beater level talent. Then again his mentality and physique could take him places on top of the talent sort of like CR.

4R5Emaniac

On Depay, he got linked to AC Milan I read. Would be a better move for him in Montella's way of managing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sure I would advise any young player to join one of the Milan clubs, both clubs seem to lack direction. Hiring and firing managers, signing a bunch of players etc.

Everton would be a good move, under a fellow Dutchman in Koeman.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure I would advise any young player to join one of the Milan clubs, both clubs seem to lack direction. Hiring and firing managers, signing a bunch of players etc.

Milan seem to have changed over the last 18 months giving youth, out of favor or lower league players a genuine chance. Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Locatelli & Suso all have key roles + Lapadula a great story.

Inter not so much.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Milan seem to have changed over the last 18 months giving youth, out of favor or lower league players a genuine chance. Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Locatelli & Suso all have key roles + Lapadula a great story.

Inter not so much.

Good to hear about Milan. Really affects the league when those two clubs aren't operating on an elite level, I myself haven't watched Serie A in years now.

The least you can do is have some sort of plan, style etc, whether it's giving youth a chance, playing a certain way or sticking with managers etc, the Milan clubs have been so erratic and random in recent history.

skip spence

Some active players that spring to mind

Gerard Pique
Eden Hazard
Mezut Özil
Balotelli (though he's been found out)
Paul Pogba (because of excessive fee)
Martial (dito)
Eden Hazard (the definition of a flat track bully)

4R5Emaniac

Inter not so much.

Good to hear about Milan. Really affects the league when those two clubs aren't operating on an elite level, I myself haven't watched Serie A in years now.

The least you can do is have some sort of plan, style etc, whether it's giving youth a chance, playing a certain way or sticking with managers etc, the Milan clubs have been so erratic and random in recent history.
Milan are on the verge of a takeover and Inter have been taken over by the Chinese. They both seem to be going towards academy products and Italian as the core of the team. Inter as well actually want to sign more Italians despite having a lot of foreign players atm since their youth set up doesn't produce anything.

And btw, Vincenzo Montella the current Milan coach is going to be the next great Italian young coach following the footsteps of Allegri and Conte. We should really be on alert over the chances of him moving to Arsenal. His football is absolutely beautiful and he is incredibly progressive as well as a winner. He could bring back the football our beautiful club once had with Wenger but modern. The real deal imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom