• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The most underrated players.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Thought it'd be interesting to hear people's opinion on this.

The first player who comes to mind is Koscielny. He's easily one of the best CBs in the EPL, yet he's never mentioned as one by the media or other fans.

Sagna is underrated as well. He's been performing great for several years now and been one of the first names on your team sheet.

I think both Milner and Barry are good players too. Both are solid, hard working midfielders who do their job well but have basically no flair, which I think is what hurts them.

Floating

Established Member
Not a huge fan of players like Carrick and Barry - they're solid but just don't do enough for me. They're not adept enough at being creative or defensive to ever be truly top class.

I do agree that Koscielny and Sagna are massively underrated, although Koscielny is starting to get some deserved credit from the press.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Osman, better than Pienaar who gets all the plaudits.
Distin, absolute beast of a CB, very rarely gets bullied by a striker.
Keita, not as good as he was at Sevilla but still a very good midfielder IMO.
Caulker, on loan at Swansea from Sp**s, looks a quality CB from what i've seen.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Diame at Wigan reminds of Diaby. i don't get why he hasn't been picked up by a 'bigger' club.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Koscielny, Koscielny, KOSCIELNY!

Graham Carrick Ferdinand Murphy M Davies? Keita Sessegnon? Maxi etc...

fabo

6.51 / 10
Sagna is so underrated it's untrue. Opposition fans are clueless when it comes to Bac, but then they think Glen Johnson, Walker and Phil Jones are quality because they run up and down the flank like headless chickens. MOTD can be influential.

Distin is also a good shout - big, strong lad and also very quick, good aerially. Solid PL defender.

A few unfashionable ones - Britton at Swansea, Bardsley at Sunderland.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Not just opposition fans, fabo, there were BIG calls here to get rid of Sagna or find someone to replace him as recent as last season.

GG8

Always liked Chris Brunt, really makes WBA tick when he's on the pitch. Danny Simpson has been having a really good season IMO but obviously been overshadowed by the Toon's other star performers.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Phil Neville made Bale his ***** last season. He's been a very decent defender and captain for Everton.

Agger's pretty underrated too.

Airknight

Established Member
We already have a Diaby thread.

Agree with Agger and Distin, those guys seem to be consistent. Apparently some manure fans value Anderson, not sure if really underrated.

Who else.. idk, Pilkington? :|

The commentators in some games here are from Argentina, so they kinda make you like Jonas Gutierrez, heh.

ibby

Established Member
Danny Simpson is ****e, has no idea what he's doing and put him under the slightest pressure and he hoofs the ball up as far as possible. I watch quite a lot of Newcastle because I have a few friends that are Toon fans and they have tended to play at different times to Arsenal quite a few times this season.

Guthrie is pretty good, is available on a free this summer and he's pretty underrated.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
fabo said:
Sagna is so underrated it's untrue.

Ummm.....nah, if anything, he's actually OVERrated. Although not conclusive proof, we hardly struggled when he got injured - that's up until Jenks was sidelined too. His importance to our general play is overstated IMO.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
The Jury said:
fabo said:

Ummm.....nah, if anything, he's actually OVERrated. Although not conclusive proof, we hardly struggled when he got injured - that's up until Jenks was sidelined too. His importance to our general play is overstated IMO.

wash your mouth out.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
The Jury said:
fabo said:
So what you're really saying, is that Jenkinson is awesome too. It's good to know we have RB covered for the next 10 years or so.

Top Bottom