• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The most underrated players.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Present;

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar- C l i n i c a l. Desperately unlucky his peak coincided with Van Judas', or he'd be the Dutch national team top scorer for sure. Maybe even further in front than Judas is.
Winston Reid- I still feel as though this guy doesn't get the credit he deserves. Footballing ability aside he's such a character, tremendous leader. Would be a shoe-in for captaincy at West Ham if not for Noble, IMO.
Amin Younes- Fantastic talent, doesn't quite get the limelight of an Ousmane Dembele or a Felipe Anderson, but he's in the same talent bracket.
Fernandinho- This guy has covered Yaya's backside for the best part of three years. Often has to do two jobs, even when partnered with Fernando who's the jury is still out on. Great all round midfielder.
Gabi- Key part of Atletico's midfield and Simeone's system. Still yet to receive a Spanish cap which is a travesty.

Past;

Edu Gaspar- Absolutely loved this guy, was always a squad player who could come in and perform like a starter. Remember being gutted when he didn't get selected for Brazil's 2002 world cup winning squad. I always loved his partnership with Vieira in the middle, opposition didn't get a moment's peace.
Mancini- In his pomp this guy was a menace. Used to make full backs look silly, when Mourinho signed him for Inter I thought he finally got the move his talent merited. Sadly it wasn't to be, he struggled. Think he still plays in Brazil somewhere, but it's safe to say his best days are firmly behind him.
Owen Hargreaves- Thought this lad was a phenomenal midfielder. Such a shame he struggled so badly with injuries, after the 2006 world cup he should've been regarded as one of the world's best midfielders. Had proper player envy when Yanited finally brought him over from Germany,
Robbie Keane- Probably not underrated per say, but his international record is frightening. Twice the player for Jermaine Defoe and has done a job wherever he's been. Started his career in my hometown's club of Wolves too.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've some more Italian players.

Luca Toni- a ruthless finisher (didn't do too great with Bayern tho) right up until his last days as a footballer.

Gilardinho- very hard worker, not a prolific striker or a world class player by any stretch but a world cup and a champions league to his name.

And...

Lucio- best CB on the planet during his Bayern and Inter years in my opinion. Commanding, leader, great on the ball and all round fantastic centre back who could fit into any style unlike certain defenders who're rated as world class (John Terry for one).

Henrik Larsson- an unbelievably lethal striker and perhaps is all round game is extremely underrated too, amazing creator and had sensational technical ability. It's a shame he wasted his best years in poverty leagues. Though he goes down as a Celtic legend and pretty much won the 2006 CL final as he completely changed the game so I suppose he'll take that.

Tim Cahill- what a reliable player this guy was, big goals in big moments and was a crucial reason to Everton seemingly overachieving a lot under David Moyes.

Van Bommel- Has been at several big clubs and has won quite a few trophies in his time. Has a reputation for a being a ****, but shouldn't be overlooked what a great commanding midfielder he was. Before Xavi and Iniesta were the main boys, Barcelona's most crucial midfielder was Van Bommel. Under Raijkaard he helped Barcelona end their trophy drought. Had a few successful years at Bayern and helped Holland to the 2010 world cup final.

skip spence

Van Bommel- Has been at several big clubs and has won quite a few trophies in his time. Has a reputation for a being a ****, but shouldn't be overlooked what a great commanding midfielder he was. Before Xavi and Iniesta were the main boys, Barcelona's most crucial midfielder was Van Bommel. Under Raijkaard he helped Barcelona end their trophy drought. Had a few successful years at Bayern and helped Holland to the 2010 world cup final.
Good call, Van Bommel. Dirty and mean, a dreadful opponent to play and not too shabby with the ball either.

A shout-out to Lauren too, one of the Invincibles but often forgotten. Great full-back in his heyday.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Present;

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar- C l i n i c a l. Desperately unlucky his peak coincided with Van Judas', or he'd be the Dutch national team top scorer for sure. Maybe even further in front than Judas is.
Winston Reid- I still feel as though this guy doesn't get the credit he deserves. Footballing ability aside he's such a character, tremendous leader. Would be a shoe-in for captaincy at West Ham if not for Noble, IMO.
Amin Younes- Fantastic talent, doesn't quite get the limelight of an Ousmane Dembele or a Felipe Anderson, but he's in the same talent bracket.
Fernandinho- This guy has covered Yaya's backside for the best part of three years. Often has to do two jobs, even when partnered with Fernando who's the jury is still out on. Great all round midfielder.
Gabi- Key part of Atletico's midfield and Simeone's system. Still yet to receive a Spanish cap which is a travesty.

Past;

Edu Gaspar- Absolutely loved this guy, was always a squad player who could come in and perform like a starter. Remember being gutted when he didn't get selected for Brazil's 2002 world cup winning squad. I always loved his partnership with Vieira in the middle, opposition didn't get a moment's peace.
Mancini- In his pomp this guy was a menace. Used to make full backs look silly, when Mourinho signed him for Inter I thought he finally got the move his talent merited. Sadly it wasn't to be, he struggled. Think he still plays in Brazil somewhere, but it's safe to say his best days are firmly behind him.
Owen Hargreaves- Thought this lad was a phenomenal midfielder. Such a shame he struggled so badly with injuries, after the 2006 world cup he should've been regarded as one of the world's best midfielders. Had proper player envy when Yanited finally brought him over from Germany,
Robbie Keane- Probably not underrated per say, but his international record is frightening. Twice the player for Jermaine Defoe and has done a job wherever he's been. Started his career in my hometown's club of Wolves too.
Remember this

They had it in the CL intro for years.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Present;

Past;

Amin Younes is the name, duuuude he is sick! Gave me the most joy aside of last sunday! He's a rightfooted Robben without the pace. Amazing dribbler, the kind of player that puts a smile on your face! Great ****ing shout TGG!

Two more from the late 90s/early 00s.

Valentin Belkevich and Aliaksandr Khatskevich.

Both able members of the talented Dynamo Kiev side under Lobanovski in the late 90's, but somewhat off the radar playing outside of Western Europe. Particularly Belkevich, who had a great touch, vision and feel for the ball. Gutted to find out he died in 2014.

Jari Litmanen was a good shout earlier in the thread. He was rated, but, spending most of his career in the Eredivisie, he never quite earned the plaudits his ability deserved. He had a bit of everything; goalscorer, workrate, attitude, positional sense, vision. Proper understanding of the game.

Amin Younes

Reminds me of Marc Overmars. Pace to burn and can beat a man at will, so small he looks like a kid in man's shorts.

BobP

Memri Fan
Amin Younes is an odd one, unsure as to why Gladbach let go of him, was considered very promising.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Franco Vazquez.
That is a great shout. Superb technique,good vision and he is so good at winning aerial duels. I'd take him here as a rotational striker and attacking midfielder.

Could see Leicester going for him, actually. Would be interesting to see him upfront with Vardy.

Top Bottom