• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The most underrated players.

Cruisio

Established Member
Arteta - only until very recently have people realised just what a great job he does for us (I'm not talking about people just on here btw)

Other than that...Valencia maybe? Pretty important to Utds game. Osman, Mark Davies at Bolton, Grant Holt (although some people see it), Dempsey (he IS rated, but not as much as he should be, got everything in his game)

Segway

Agree with pretty much everyone mentioned already except for Craig Gardner who I don't think is anything more than average. I think O'Shea deserves a mention as well. He's been excellent in Sunderland's defense this season being their most consistent performer.

fabo

6.51 / 10
The Jury said:
fabo said:
Sagna is so underrated it's untrue.

Ummm.....nah, if anything, he's actually OVERrated. Although not conclusive proof, we hardly struggled when he got injured - that's up until Jenks was sidelined too. His importance to our general play is overstated IMO.

:lol:

Face it Jury, you're wrong on Sagna and don't want to admit it.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Did I see Anderson's name mentioned? Valid if the thread is about nothing players or the biggest flops in PL history(pound for pound).

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sagna and Kos are underrated among non Arsenal fans, the ones I know anyway - maybe understandable considering our reputation for being abit soft at the back.

Distin is actually a really good shout, he had a dodgy period a while back but he's been excellent for Everton. Karl Henry doesn't get enough credit for me.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Yep, Sagna and Kos has really poor reputations for fans who don't watch Arsenal. Same with Mertesacker.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
fabo said:
The Jury said:
fabo said:

Ummm.....nah, if anything, he's actually OVERrated. Although not conclusive proof, we hardly struggled when he got injured - that's up until Jenks was sidelined too. His importance to our general play is overstated IMO.

:lol:

Face it Jury, you're wrong on Sagna and don't want to admit it.

The truth is, is that there is no real right or wrong - only opinion. Some may appear wackier than others, but nothing can be proven beyond doubt - certainly not in the short term, or even over a 7 game winning streak, which has no doubt aided your decision making :wink:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Glad to see people agree with me about Distin, been so underrated for years.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Robert Green is another underrated player in my opinion. His reputation was destroyed for his WC blunder, but he's been so consistent and great for us for many years now.

Sure, he's not the best when it comes to corners etc, but there aren't many better shot stoppers in the world. He's gotten a reputation for being a **** keeper for no reason. It's basically like judging Szczesny and Koscielny's ability on their CC blunder.

mistaT

Established Member
The Jury said:
fabo said:

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Mertesacker has been bashed by just about every pundit and journalist, his contribution this season has been completely under-rated.

AnthonyG said:
Dempsey's a good shout. Reckon he'd do an 'Arteta' if he moved to a bigger club.

Had him in the wishlist not too long ago and said i reckon he'd be the forward version of Arteta. Could play at a top club imo.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Mertesacker is a great shout, didn't even think about him. Called a donkey by almost everyone yet in reality is a solid performer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Per has played better than Vermaelen this season. Verms btw, who is the only defender at the club who gets any props from non-gooners - mainly due to his all action style and the love Gary Neviller/Jamie Redknapp have for him over at Sky, if it wasn't for these two things I think he would too be underrated like Kos and Sagna.

Herbas

Yeah, it's funny how Vermaelen's goals help him be publicly rated as a good defender while you could actually argue that Kos, Sagna and even Mertesacker defended better this season.

In Per's case it seems that from the very beginning everyone were just certain that he would be too slow for PL and then were looking exclusively for his poor episodes to confirm that assumption, happily skipping everything else.

Floating

Established Member
Thomas has been brilliant defensively, as well as offensively in the last few weeks. He had 3-4 subpar games as LB and CB, but other than that, he's been terrific.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
GDeep said:
Sagna and Kos are underrated among non Arsenal fans, the ones I know anyway - maybe understandable considering our reputation for being abit soft at the back.

Distin is actually a really good shout, he had a dodgy period a while back but he's been excellent for Everton. Karl Henry doesn't get enough credit for me.

What the..? :shock:

AFC-Phil

Established Member
I'm not going to attempt to spell his name, but Swansea's RB is a fairly decent player, yet gets no mentions at all.

Top Bottom