• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The most underrated players.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Cudareli said:
GDeep said:
Distin is actually a really good shout, he had a dodgy period a while back but he's been excellent for Everton. Karl Henry doesn't get enough credit for me.
What the..? :shock:
:lol: GDeep and his (predominantly English) thug-fetish; funny at times, but wearing thin. There's no reason whatsoever that Henry should get more credit that he already does(?). Even Barton(!) laid into him.

Bossa

Established Member
Coloccini is also underrated as hell. I think that he's good enough for a club like Liverpool or Valencia

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Bossa said:
Coloccini is also underrated as hell. I think that he's good enough for a club like Liverpool or Valencia

Or Newcastle, who are currently above Liverpool by 8 points.

inb4 "but we caught Sp*rs lead up"

Liverpool don't have the players to make up 8 points in 8 games.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
AnthonyG said:
Cudareli said:
GDeep said:
Distin is actually a really good shout, he had a dodgy period a while back but he's been excellent for Everton. Karl Henry doesn't get enough credit for me.
What the..? :shock:
:lol: GDeep and his (predominantly English) thug-fetish; funny at times, but wearing thin. There's no reason whatsoever that Henry should get more credit that he already does(?). Even Barton(!) laid into him.

He is a horrid footballer. He comes across to be very professional and a good leader for a lower side, but other that he is woeful.

mo50

Established Member
Herbas said:
Yeah, it's funny how Vermaelen's goals help him be publicly rated as a good defender while you could actually argue that Kos, Sagna and even Mertesacker defended better this season.

In Per's case it seems that from the very beginning everyone were just certain that he would be too slow for PL and then were looking exclusively for his poor episodes to confirm that assumption, happily skipping everything else.

That's right. He's also made some big errors in 2 games shown live on TV, against Norwich and Chelsea, which lead to goals. Such moments stick in the mind of neutrals/pundits who only watch us every so often. Mertesacker started performing exceptionally well before he got injured.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
AFC-Phil said:
I'm not going to attempt to spell his name, but Swansea's RB is a fairly decent player, yet gets no mentions at all.
Rangel?

Hmmm, that seems a lot easier in hindsight. :lol: In my defence, I thought it was Angel-Rangel, or something of that ilk as his surname.

Cheers Ron.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Defending Per is tough as, like you said, he's had his mishaps when we've been on TV.

He has nearly 100 caps for Germany for crying out loud.

I remember him being referred to as a 'coach's dream' due to his reading of the game, and also that English fans wouldn't rate him as his game is all about anticipation rather than last ditch crunching tackles and as such players like Terry are overrated here.

GG8

I would in no way class Arteta, Dempsey, Valencia or Coloccini as underrated.

Quality consistent performers which is constantly recgonised.

@ibby From the minimal minutes ive watched Simpson play I thought he was quite solid, will keep a closer eye on him in the run in. Guthrie was very good when called upon after tiote's injury but I seen a few shockers from him to.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
ebouenolike said:

I second this. No matter what he does, the media always seem to turn a blind eye to it. I remember watching him destroy Inter Milan last season at the San Siro and not a single word was said about it :wink:

ibby

Established Member
GG8 said:

@ibby From the minimal minutes ive watched Simpson play I thought he was quite solid, will keep a closer eye on him in the run in. Guthrie was very good when called upon after tiote's injury but I seen a few shockers from him to.
He's shockingly bad. Guthrie has been very good, especially in the squad role he plays.

I agree with you that a large majority of the players mentioned in this thread, excusing the joke responses, aren't underrated at all.

Also, Sagna definitely isn't underrated, he has a huge cult following who claim he's among the best right-backs in the world. Sure he has his critics, but that's a small section of Arsenal fans (including me) who want to see more from our full-backs, and fair play to Sagna, he does seem to be improving in that regard.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
ibby said:
GG8 said:

He's shockingly bad. Guthrie has been very good, especially in the squad role he plays.

I agree with you that a large majority of the players mentioned in this thread, excusing the joke responses, aren't underrated at all.

Also, Sagna definitely isn't underrated, he has a huge cult following who claim he's among the best right-backs in the world. Sure he has his critics, but that's a small section of Arsenal fans (including me) who want to see more from our full-backs, and fair play to Sagna, he does seem to be improving in that regard.

From what i have seen, Simpson has been poor. What annoys me more is that he seems to rate himself higher then anybody else and even suggested that with Capello gone, he may finally get a look in with the national side. I'd take Walker, Richards and even Johnson before even considering him.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Anderson. :lol:

He's a more expensive and a bit tinier Diaby.
Remember when Manure fans boasted about how he was so much better than Fabregas, and a certainty to become a world class player?

Funny how both their careers have played out since :lol:

ebouenolike

Established Member
Bossa said:
ebouenolike said:

I think you got overrated and underrated mixed up.

When the best player in the world isn't widely recognised to be the best player in the world then he is underrated.

Hopefully, somewhere down the line, Bale will get the attention he deserves.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
When the best player in the world isn't widely recognised to be the best player in the world then he is underrated.

Hopefully, somewhere down the line, Bale will get the attention he deserves.
Agreed.

Sky Sports were first on the scene to give the boy the recognition he deserves by setting 'As good as Bale?' as the standard by which all previous, present and future players are to be judged.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom