• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Summer 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatwad

stuart said:
i honestly think we will only benefit from the cole/gallas swap for around 2 years,as glad as i am to see gallas come in for cole,chelsea will benifit from coles age as he still has around 7 years left compared to gallas who has about 3 quality years left,this i think was good business from chelsea,cole wasnt going to be playing at arsenal so his value would go down so arsenal surely knew they would have to sell hm now to get a decent deal,i think chelsea realised this and offered as little as possible,knowing if they held out long enough arsenal would finally sell!

Gallas is 3 1/4 years older than Cole so how can he only have 3 (and we benefit for only 2) good years left, but Cole 7? Doesn't add up. At the very least if you want to say that Cole has 7, then Gallas has 4 (which happens to be the number of years he is signed to Arsenal for).

bethie

junialum said:
Baptista is our new no. 9

On record our No. 9s have always done poorly.

well, if anyone can break the curse, it's the BEAST.
:D

"Julio Baptista doesn't go hunting... he goes KILLING!"

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Nigel Reo-Coker is furious with his club West Ham after they did not tell him about Arsenal's £15m bid to sign him. (Sunday Mirror)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
had we signed reo coker...we would be even stronger. although i think he is a bit of redundant considering how many midfielders we have now

GhanaGunner

CatastrophiC said:
what's actually Baptista's status??

permanent or loan??

undisclosed fee means permanent right???

I beleive the deal is permanent...

They only called it a 'loan' so that the dude can sort out his spanish passport....which was the main reason why he turned Arsenal down last season!

It (passport) should not be so far around the corner now...

GhanaGunner

seriously....?

I dont see Wenger putting a 15M bid for Nigel Reo-Cocker, especially considering the fact that we refused to pay 10M for Curtis Davies...who in my opinion was more priority than a defensive midfielder.

I admit that NRC is a good player...and Macherano will keep him out of the team.... therefore 15M was too much..

Arsenal now have Denilson is the same posotion, who I beleive was brought in as Gilberto's understudy.

MrHanson

GhanaGunner said:
seriously....?

I dont see Wenger putting a 15M bid for Nigel Reo-Cocker, especially considering the fact that we refused to pay 10M for Curtis Davies...who in my opinion was more priority than a defensive midfielder.

I admit that NRC is a good player...and Macherano will keep him out of the team.... therefore 15M was too much..

Arsenal now have Denilson is the same posotion, who I beleive was brought in as Gilberto's understudy.

100% wrong, macherano will not keep reo out of the team, they'll play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom