• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Re: Transfer Deadline Day Countdown (31/01/2011 23:00 GMT)

Why is David Villa at 34m so high up the list?

Double_H

Established Member

the only good thing is chelsea plays united twice ,,,

mo50

Established Member

1 Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United Real Madrid £80 €93.5 2009 £80m
2 Zlatan Ibrahimović Internazionale Barcelona £56.5 €66 2009 £61m
3 Kaká Milan Real Madrid £56 €64 2009 £56m
4 Fernando Torres Liverpool Chelsea £50 €58.4 2011 £50m
5 Carlos Tévez Manchester United Manchester City £47 €54.9 2009 £47m
6 Zinedine Zidane Juventus Real Madrid £45 €75 2001 £53m
7 David Villa Valencia Barcelona £34.2 €40 2010 £34m
8 Hernán Crespo Parma Lazio £35.5 €55 2000 £45m
9 Luís Figo Barcelona Real Madrid £37 €58.5 2000 £46m
10 Andy Carroll Newcastle United Liverpool £35 €40.9 2011 £35m
11 Gianluigi Buffon Parma Juventus £32.6 €49.2 2001 £40m
12 Robinho Real Madrid Manchester City £32.5 €49 2008 £32m
13 Christian Vieri Lazio Internazionale £32 €48.3 1999 £41m
14 Andriy Shevchenko Milan Chelsea £30.8 €46.4 2006 £33m
15 Pavel Nedvěd Lazio Juventus £30.7 €46.3 2001 £38m

Right between Buffon and Figo. It just doesn't look right.

go49oner

Established Member

Comdey Gold

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=270249.640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... 270249.640</a>

darthwenger

Bossa said:
Small time wankers they are. They will never sign a top top class player.

People like Van der Vaart and Modric(their best signings) are all rejects or from small clubs.

So we don't buy players from smaller clubs or buy rejects that didn't make it at other clubs - eg Henry or Bergkamp?

I don't like Sp**s but that is a stupid statement.

Illusion

Established Member

Tottenham are bonkers, just how many midfielder's do they need?

Sandro, Bale, Pienaar, Van der Vaart, Huddlestone, Jenas, Lennon, Modric, Kranjcar.

I'm sure I might have missed one out too.

Yet they still try and spend around £15m on Charlie Adam anyway?

Bonkers behaviour.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

go49oner said:
Comdey Gold

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=270249.640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... 270249.640</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's funny but i do feel for them in a way, imagine Cesc or RVP moving to City..would never happen but i'd feel sick and i bet you AM would be just as bad.

mo50

Established Member

I swear to God Harry is the only manager who is playing real life Football Manager. He first tried to sign Beckham for the nostalgia, then he goes around to every club and tries to throw money at them. Once a club accepts, the window was shut, so he doesn't get his man.

Wheeler ****ing dealer. This was a deadline day rivalling the summer 08 one. Absolutely epic. Not from our point of view though.

Bossa

Established Member

Small time wankers they are. They will never sign a top top class player.

People like Van der Vaart and Modric(their best signings) are all rejects or from small clubs.

arsenallegends

Established Member

"The game's gone mad" - Ex-Sky pundit but he's bang on.

Totally agree mo, Harry is a little greedy pig who buys players just to have them.Trying to have Charlie Adam, Niko Krancjar, Steven Peinaar, Van der Vaart, Modric, Huddlestone, Jenas, Palacios, Sandro all in the books? Your having a laugh! Fair play, what a joke of an organization if they let him to do that.

Roman is just having his way with this sport. I guess the billionaire takeover phenomenon would have happened regardless of him but this sick fraud just splashed 70 million in one day and most of his first team players have been purchased for around the 20 million mark. What an extravagant ****.

Unlike Harry and Roman, Liverpool are just thick and I take back everything I said about them recently. I hope they sink for good.

EDIT: Bit 'arsh on Pool but still no way to run a business.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

Erm... :lol:

Obertan demands shock exit from Manchester United
Gabriel Obertan has stunned Manchester United by handing in a transfer request.

Obertan, a £3million signing from Bordeaux 18 months ago, is said to doubt whether he can make the grade at Old Trafford.

The France Under 21 winger wants to return home in the summer halfway through his four-year contract.
Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1352318/Manchester-Uniteds-Gabriel-Obertan-demands-shock-exit.html#ixzz1Cf8ZYvdj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1Cf8ZYvdj</a>

I just saw this floating about on the internet and it's been up for just over an hour but I've heard it nowhere else.

mo50

Established Member

THunter said:
go49oner said:
Comdey Gold

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=270249.640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... 270249.640</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's funny but i do feel for them in a way, imagine Cesc or RVP moving to City..would never happen but i'd feel sick and i bet you AM would be just as bad.

Aye, those are some disrespectful comments.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Torres at 50M is a gamble with his physical problems, the guy himself has said his body is struggling with the demands of the premier league, time will tell...

Smudeagle

I've been on a plane all day and missed all of this. £35 mil for Carroll is mental.

qs

Established Member

That spending from Liverpool has to be the funniest bit of panic buying I've ever seen.

eye4goal

Established Member

Liverpool fans are going over the top with Torres. He has been fantastic for them but I don't think they gave him a proper chance of winning something. Their signings have mostly been over-priced flops in recent years (Babel, Aquilani, Keane, Johnson). You cant expect to keep players of his calibre without CL football for two seasons.

Illusion

Established Member

Surely the only reason they are panic buying Carroll is because they still think they can achieve CL Qualification?

It seems ludicrous to do it for any other reason as the season could be written off with just Suarez as the main striker to see them out. The funds could then be spent more sensibly over the summer period for a proper revival in the forthcoming season.

They obviously think they can still make the CL though.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

This is a table of spending I've gotten off another site:
file.php

qs

Established Member

eye4goal said:
Liverpool fans are going over the top with Torres. He has been fantastic for them but I don't think they gave him a proper chance of winning something. Their signings have mostly been over-priced flops in recent years (Babel, Aquilani, Keane, Johnson). You cant expect to keep players of his calibre without CL football for two seasons.

In fairness its not that he left them, if he told them now he wanted out in the summer they'd all be fine with him. But leaving them in the lurch 2 days before the window closes is bullshit. Its like Rooney with Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom