• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invincible

Established Member
Re: Transfer Deadline Day - January 2012

Everton have done some very good deadline day business and they're meant to be skint. What's our excuse? Jelavic is better than all of our strikers outside RvP.

Oh I nearly forgot, making profits is better than competing for trophies.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Yup, good day for Everton; my brother's a Toffees fan so I guess I'm kind of pleased.

Hey, look on the bright side, we're not a selling club at least.

kalleTheMan

Established Member

Overall few big transactions this jan window. Looks like clubs might actually try to respect FFP. European top flight football's in economically bad shape (apart from bundesliga) these UEFA-regulations been long overdue.

Flow

If we don't win a trophy or finish 4th I want Wenger's and the Board's head.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

I think Sp**s might have made a brilliant deal in swapping Pav for Saha.

Saha has always been a decent striker but he has lacked service in recent years. He won't at Spuds.

Vela

Established Member

Bassong and Pav out for Saha (out of form) and Ryan Nelson. Did Sp**s really do better than what they started with?

Glovegun

Established Member

I don't like the look of Jelavic. Seems very slow and clumsy, a bit Elmander-ish. Not sure he can cut it in the Prem. Everton have done well though, their first team on paper is very strong. Pienaar will add a bit of creativity in there, Rodwell and Barkley are progressing nicely, the defence is solid. I think Gibson could be decent for them as well. If they had a top notch striker I think they could really challenge for a European spot.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Vela said:
Bassong and Pav out for Saha (out of form) and Ryan Nelson. Did Sp**s really do better than what they started with?

Pav basically didn't play at all and wanted out, Nelson is a VERY underrated defender imo and most importantly, reliable.

Saha is also only on a 6 month deal. He is certainly worth a punt and he fits Tottenham's style of play much better than Pav did. If he can regain some form with improved service he'll be invaluable, not to mention he's 3rd choice. Only Man Utd have a better 3rd choice striker.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

@ glovegun

I feel the same. Doesn't look a good player imo. I like the Stracqualursi chap though. Everton have a decent squad now, they have done some decent business over the last 2 windows without spending much money, infact they probably have taken in more than they have spend.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

Moyes is a real master at working on a shoestring budget. I have nothing but respect for him, what he's been doing at Everton is close to a miracle.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dokaka said:
Vela said:

Pav basically didn't play at all and wanted out, Nelson is a VERY underrated defender imo and most importantly, reliable.

Saha is also only on a 6 month deal. He is certainly worth a punt and he fits Tottenham's style of play much better than Pav did. If he can regain some form with improved service he'll be invaluable, not to mention he's 3rd choice. Only Man Utd have a better 3rd choice striker.
Dzeko/Balotelli are better than Saha.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

THunter said:
Dokaka said:
Vela said:

Dzeko/Balotelli are better than Saha.

Well, true. I tend to forget City when I compare teams as they're really their own thing. No one can, or is even expected, to compete with their squad.

Shue

Established Member

@WhoScored WhoScored.com
Louis Saha vs Emile Heskey: In the PL this season, Saha has 1 goal in 1290 minutes of playing time, while Heskey has 1 in 841 minutes

Perspective.

eye4goal

Established Member

Saha is a good player but his injury record is poor. I can see why they did that as you can't turn down £7.5m for Pavlyuchenko

The Nelsen deal is poor business in my opinion. He'll be found wanting if they have to use him and given the fitness of Gallas and King they may well have to.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Shue said:
@WhoScored WhoScored.com
Louis Saha vs Emile Heskey: In the PL this season, Saha has 1 goal in 1290 minutes of playing time, while Heskey has 1 in 841 minutes

Perspective.

Isn't that the same total as Chamakh and Park put together? :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak

Im sure he came on as a sub against Manure after Welbeck put them 2-1 up.

mistaT

Established Member

Kroket said:
Moyes is a real master at working on a shoestring budget. I have nothing but respect for him, what he's been doing at Everton is close to a miracle.

Absolutely, aside from his spat with Fabregas he's always come across as the kind of coach I would want to play for.

Really makes the most of his team and budget....getting Saha out was great business for them too. He was spent there and with his absence they have fresh blood in the big Argentine Straq and Jevalvic.

been

been said:
he was also stuck out on the left wing which proved it never worked at liverpool

I would take cisse right now, I said it earlier in the season as well

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/02/01/2880186/djibril-cisse-lazio-played-me-out-of-position" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20 ... f-position</a>

been saying it all along

GDeep™

League is very weak

Not sure I rate Moyes as highly as others in the transfer market, he has wasted quite abit - 12M on Yakubu, nearly 10M on Andy Johnson, 5M on Per Koldrup, 8-10M on Bilyaletdinov, 6M on Beattie, others too, even the 15M he spent on Fellaini could have been used more wisely I think. There is a list of players in the 1-3M range who have also flopped for him, Van Der Meyde, Richard Wright, Lars Jacobson, Simon Davies etc.

In 2005 for example, he wasted 15M on Beattie, Koldrup and Simon Davies.

Some quality buys with small money - Yobo, Lescott, Jagielka, but overall a decent at best manager when it comes to operating in the transfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom