• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
Re: Transfer Deadline Day - January 2012

ferrarif50hunt said:
Proof said:
Cisse is a quality signing. Wenger should have tried and sign him up. Definitely a way better option than Chamakh and Park.
Please tell me you're referring to Papiss Cisse....
No mate. I was referring to Djibril Cisse. I always liked him as a striker. He has been unlucky throughout his career with those horrible injuries. By the way, he just scored on his debut with a splendid strike, something we'll never see from Chamakh. I don't know if he would be suited for our style of play, but he's a quality option to have for counter-attacking football. I'm a little bit disappointed that we didn't show any signs of interest in signing him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Isn't Cisse a little hit and miss though? Plays well one game, and then flatters to deceive for the next week or so before pulling out another quality performance.

Not that prolific either.

Having said that, beggars can't be choosers and all that.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

We did well to stay clear of Cisse. I think Zamora would have been better for us.

been

cisse excels in destroying lower level teams

just look at his record over the years

thats also an area where we lack in, showing no mercy to weaker opposition

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

been said:
cisse excels in destroying lower level teams

just look at his record over the years

thats also an area where we lack in, showing no mercy to weaker opposition

This is why we need Darren Bent.

ArseGod

My VIRGIN EARS!!!

We just cried out for Darren Bent! We are Sp**s..

SOmeone pinch me.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

If we want a guy who will score goals, he is the man. 1 in 2 for everyone he's played for, be it Villa, Sunderland or Charlton Athletic and all with horrendous midfield supply. I could think of far worse options - namely Park and Chamakh.

evoh_1

Established Member

Proof said:
ferrarif50hunt said:
Proof said:
Cisse is a quality signing. Wenger should have tried and sign him up. Definitely a way better option than Chamakh and Park.
Please tell me you're referring to Papiss Cisse....
No mate. I was referring to Djibril Cisse. I always liked him as a striker. He has been unlucky throughout his career with those horrible injuries. By the way, he just scored on his debut with a splendid strike, something we'll never see from Chamakh. I don't know if he would be suited for our style of play, but he's a quality option to have for counter-attacking football. I'm a little bit disappointed that we didn't show any signs of interest in signing him.

Another players whose potential has been wrecked by pretty much career ending injuries really? really? And he's scored for both sunderland and liverpool on his debut and look how that went.

Papiss Cisse however isa different mannyer just the sort of player we need clincial as such and reliable scoer year on year, **** wasn't he top scoere in the bundesliga 2 years ago.

Newcastle for the price of chamakh and park, lord above!

dpt49

Established Member

DJ_Markstar said:
If we want a guy who will score goals, he is the man. 1 in 2 for everyone he's played for, be it Villa, Sunderland or Charlton Athletic and all with horrendous midfield supply. I could think of far worse options - namely Park and Chamakh.
I have to agree.
He is a proven goal scorer in the EPL at every club he's been at and imagine what he would do at a club with the sort of service we could provide.

evoh_1

Established Member

DJ_Markstar said:

Useless pedestrian who has the highest number of offside and lowest number of touchs per game for all those season that you talk about, horrendous supply - he's not involved enough to provide a platform for his teams to play which is why he has played for sunderlan, villa, charlton with merit and is **** at the top level.

Please people darren bent we are truly in the basement when this is people idea of a solution along with dimble cisse and bobby shot in row 25 zamora.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I never suggested Zamora or Cisse, though. Bent is a much better goalscorer than both, and is a proven flat track bully. Perfect for this league for when Robin needs a rest imo.

evoh_1

Established Member

Other had as well Markstar - Bent really? he went to spuds in the year we sold henry for a larger fee and has fizzled and and done **** all since, he finihsed chances that our midfield don't create and is just the opposite of chamackh and man so overly involved in trying to score that the rest of the team has to carry him round the pitch.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Who cares what he was bought and sold for? As for saying he has done **** all...

Since 2009 he has scored 55 goals in 101 games, a 55% goal to game ratio.

Across his entire career, including a relatively unsuccessful time at Sp*rs, he has 170 odd goals in 400 appearances. The guy is a proven PL goalscorer. I'd rather be resting RvP for Darren Bent than Marouane Chamakh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom