• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Re: The Official Winter Transfer Deadline Day Thread - 2013

TheCourier said:
GOONER1991 said:
TheCourier said:
He's been in for monreal for months your being stupid and he has bought 4 quality players now in this season. U see with qpr what **** happens when u try to buy in a whole team in one transfer window. Jan is crap for buying and ill keep faith in what players he will add during summer

Firstly, if he's been in for Monreal for months, it's a joke that it's taken to 10.30pm on deadline day for this to be getting done.
L
You cannot seriously believe that the squad is strong enough as it is? Regardless of the "4 quality players" he has brought in? We have clear deficiencies in the squad, and yet again another transfer window passes with Wenger gambling on injury prone players and making do with what we already have.

No one here is asking for us to do what QPR are doing, we're simply asking Wenger to address the GLARING issues in the squad, which once again he has failed to do.

I don't believe ANYTHING that I have said is "stupid". If anything, you're being "stupid" to "keep faith in what players he will add in the summer", as Wenger's track record has shown, that even in the summer he fails to buy adequately.

I'm calling you stupid for saying you jumping on the wenger out brigade. A few things for you to remember - AW has been hamstrung since we made the move to the emirates for the future safety of our club and saw our youth academy as the only way to keep going while buying in players for peanuts and in unfortunate instances losing them to barca etc.

I completely agree and understand that we have serious holes in our team that need filling and just to say that seemingly the deal for monreal had already apparently been agreed and the move was going to happen in the summer but due to Gibbs injury it was moved forward.

However I look at this constant drivel that's thrown at wenger and ask the simple question - who do you expect to come in and do a better job? And don't send bs out that hey we could have got pipe cause that's just laughable. We are finally in a situation after years of having no money and I think so far wingers last four buys have all been to the betterment of the team overall, so yes I'm behind our manager and hope he pulls of some more really good buys in the summer. To say that last summer of poldi cazorla and giroud is not a success is way off. Just be reminded that kos and verm were being spoken as world class defenders before the season started with mert as a good backup.

Rome wasn't built in a day. In Arsène we trust.

8 years.

Wenger has made countless mistakes over the past 8 years outside of the transfer market, and hasn't made the best out of the resources that he HAS had at his disposal. Fabregas, Nasri, Hleb and more recently Van Persie didn't believe that Wenger has it in him to make the club successful over the next few years, and they're being proved right.

What will it take for people to stop blindly following him.

I appreciate the fact that I'm "stupid" for disagreeing with you. Nice.

Kanonier

Well, at least we signed Nacho Monreal, we no longer have to worry about Santos being a liability and we now have two solid Left Backs fighting for a starting role. Now it's time to focus on the league and FA Cup.

burnsjed

Established Member

Who would have thought at the start of the week, that the only player we would bring in is a left back!

Could be a difficult 2nd half of the season that's for sure!

Invincible

Established Member

burnsjed said:
Invincible said:
Don't be going around shoving your opinion down people's throats. There's no reason to call anyone stupid just for not agreeing with you.

The very same could be said for you for some time!

This is a internet forum, 'shoving' opinions down people's throats is what this is all about!

Doesn't make it right, but that's how it is.
I want Wenger out but I never, and will never, call any fellow Arsenal fan names for disagreeing with my opinion.

TheCourier

GOONER1991 said:
TheCourier said:
GOONER1991 said:
He's been in for monreal for months your being stupid and he has bought 4 quality players now in this season. U see with qpr what **** happens when u try to buy in a whole team in one transfer window. Jan is crap for buying and ill keep faith in what players he will add during summer

Firstly, if he's been in for Monreal for months, it's a joke that it's taken to 10.30pm on deadline day for this to be getting done.
L
You cannot seriously believe that the squad is strong enough as it is? Regardless of the "4 quality players" he has brought in? We have clear deficiencies in the squad, and yet again another transfer window passes with Wenger gambling on injury prone players and making do with what we already have.

No one here is asking for us to do what QPR are doing, we're simply asking Wenger to address the GLARING issues in the squad, which once again he has failed to do.

I don't believe ANYTHING that I have said is "stupid". If anything, you're being "stupid" to "keep faith in what players he will add in the summer", as Wenger's track record has shown, that even in the summer he fails to buy adequately.

I'm calling you stupid for saying you jumping on the wenger out brigade. A few things for you to remember - AW has been hamstrung since we made the move to the emirates for the future safety of our club and saw our youth academy as the only way to keep going while buying in players for peanuts and in unfortunate instances losing them to barca etc.

I completely agree and understand that we have serious holes in our team that need filling and just to say that seemingly the deal for monreal had already apparently been agreed and the move was going to happen in the summer but due to Gibbs injury it was moved forward.

However I look at this constant drivel that's thrown at wenger and ask the simple question - who do you expect to come in and do a better job? And don't send bs out that hey we could have got pipe cause that's just laughable. We are finally in a situation after years of having no money and I think so far wingers last four buys have all been to the betterment of the team overall, so yes I'm behind our manager and hope he pulls of some more really good buys in the summer. To say that last summer of poldi cazorla and giroud is not a success is way off. Just be reminded that kos and verm were being spoken as world class defenders before the season started with mert as a good backup.

Rome wasn't built in a day. In Arsène we trust.

8 years.

Wenger has made countless mistakes over the past 8 years outside of the transfer market, and hasn't made the best out of the resources that he HAS had at his disposal. Fabregas, Nasri, Hleb and more recently Van Persie didn't believe that Wenger has it in him to make the club successful over the next few years, and they're being proved right.

What will it take for people to stop blindly following him.

I appreciate the fact that I'm "stupid" for disagreeing with you. Nice.[/quote]

Lol ok for the second time your not stupid for disagreeing with and I have not written anything to imply that you are. All those players you mention he brought in and greed in two and home in a third was not going to stop them irrelevant of who the manager was. Our boardis fing wenger up not le prof. We have gone up against two billionaires and manure in those 8 years but yes I was heart broken that traitor left us this season. Either way we were a team in transition and persie shate on wenger rather than help him rebuild in respect of the years wenger stood by him. All I'm saying is just like you call me blind in following wenger I call you blind in not seeing the huge restrictions our move and the board placed on wenger. The man won't even let it be aired in public because he doesn't air his dirty laundry in public.

Ps just in case your not stupid I think you have a strong argument just in case you didn't get that :D

Salieri

Nachos for everyone. Great deal AW, hope he hits the ground running and improves our back four.

tumblr_ma8nnySfRr1qg8ed4.gif

He's calling for us here: Aaarsenal.

TheCourier

Invincible said:
burnsjed said:
Invincible said:
Don't be going around shoving your opinion down people's throats. There's no reason to call anyone stupid just for not agreeing with you.

This is a internet forum, 'shoving' opinions down people's throats is what this is all about!

I want Wenger out but I never, and will never, call any fellow Arsenal fan names for disagreeing with my opinion.

Jesus mate will you ever read my posts and get off your high horse here. Maybe my comment got lost in translation I am not calling anyone stupid end off and apologies to gooner if that's what came across I still stand in saying its stupid or maybe easier silly to jump on the wenger out brigade on jans transfer window. Just FYI monreal had a 20 million buyout clause and didn't pay anything near that

burnsjed

Established Member

Invincible said:
burnsjed said:
Invincible said:

Good man.

DiamondGooner

Established Member

trunks206 said:
yousif_arsenal said:
MarioLAD Balotelli ‏@MarioBaloteLAD
New song by Odemwingie "Sign Me Maybe"..."Hey, I just drove here. And this is crazy. I'm in your car park. So sign me maybe"
:lol:
:lol :lol:

:lol:

What has Odemwingie done to himself?

VancouverCanuck

Once again, we've signed someone that no one was expecting. No one can ever accuse Wenger of having loose lips.

el57

Shocked Sp**s didn't get even any sort of striker.

Defoe makes Giroud look like the most clinical striker ever. and adebayor is gone to **** now.

Oh well better for us.

ArseGod

No one can accuse Wenger of showing ambition either these days

pg1989

ArseGod said:
It doesn't look like we're in a position to lose any of our best players this summer for the first time in ages. Podolski and Giroud look to be really settling these past few weeks. By the time next season rolls around if the same team is kept together we are maybe 2 signing away from having a great team.
I know 4th place is a hard pill to swallow for some but realistically if we get top 4 we are in a much much better place than we were a year ago.

Bigbludfire

Established Member

pg1989 said:
ArseGod said:
It doesn't look like we're in a position to lose any of our best players this summer for the first time in ages. Podolski and Giroud look to be really settling these past few weeks. By the time next season rolls around if the same team is kept together we are maybe 2 signing away from having a great team.
I know 4th place is a hard pill to swallow for some but realistically if we get top 4 we are in a much much better place than we were a year ago.

But how many people actually want our best players?

pg1989

Bigbludfire said:
pg1989 said:
ArseGod said:

But how many people actually want our best players?
Don't see why they wouldn't. Plenty of talent in it. We aren't that far from the level we were in the past few seasons. And our young players like Theo and Jack are going from strength to strength.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member

The Odemwingie saga is hilarious, what an absolute prat. It's gonna be an awkward for him tomorrow.

King Malta

Is it possible that something can be announced after the window? :lol:

lee1001

Established Member

More lies from Wenger. Doesn't give a **** about the fans any more. Only Gibbs out for 6 weeks forced him to buy.

Airknight

Established Member

So.. Is Odemwingie still driving around Loftus Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom